"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Feeling a Little "Squirrel-ly"!

Hello and happy Monday friends!
I hope you all had a great weekend and ready for a new week in November!

I was surfing some of my fave blogs and found this really cute idea and wanted to play along for fun!
On the Virtual Smooches blog, there is a "Squirrelfest" challenge.  And with all of the squirrels I see around my house this time of year, I really had squirrels on the brain! LOL!  I thought it sounded like such a cute idea, so I gave it a try.
OK, so I really think these Paper Smooches stamps are just adorable and sadly I don't have a large collection of them.  I checked to see if I even had a squirrel stamp in any of the sets I do own and I didn't find any.  However, I DID see that Paper Smooches has this REALLY adorable squirrel on their FREE DIGI STAMPS page and printed him out!  He's too cute hanging onto the "hi" string!
I also used my PS Autumn Groves stamp set to accompany my furry tail companion.
I thought it would be fun to have the acorns falling as if from a tree.  I stamped, colored and cut out an extra one to pop up next to the sentiment from the PS Chit Chat stamp set.
And of course those eyeballs just called out for googly eyes!  LOL!

He was colored with my Copics along with the acorns and the background is chalked up with blue.  I used my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die and my Whimsy Stamps stitched trio borders die for the grass and frame.  Then I added some gold sequins and Wink of Stella to the acorns to finish it off.

And here's what I put on the inside of the card:
I computer generated the sentiment and then I added some more acorns along the edges and then used the LF stitched rectangle die again to cut it out and place on the inside of the card.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed putting it together! :)
Thanks so much for joining me today!  I'll see you back again tomorrow for a brand new challenge to share with you!

-----------------------------------
CLICK HERE to check out my crafty stash for sell!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
PS Squirrel Fest Challenge - use a squirrel on your project
Paper Smooches - anything goes
      


Papertake Weekly - 2 or 4 legs 
Crafter's Cafe - Friendship
613 Avenue - anything goes (optional: hello)

29 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Awesome work! I'm nuts about this card.

Davi said...

This is just way toooo cute Vicki!! Love that little squirrel :)

Patti said...

I like what Becca said... I'm nuts about this card! giggles

So super cute!! I just love how it holds on to the sentiment!

Patti

Chrissy said...

So super cute Vicki...he is gorgeous,fabulous colouring, and love the little acorns and sequins..so cute.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Such a cute, fun and beautifully designed card. I love the sentiment too.
hugs Sue xx

Toni said...

very cute!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant fun card Vicki that image with his goggle eyes made me smile a super, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Monika Reeck said...

tooo cuutee Vicki..I adore the cute Image and your coloring woooohoooo wonderfull...Love the nuts that fallen down behind him and the nice hill you made too...sweet card and cute and I love green and brown on your card...

Are you okay Vicki...I did not see you since yesterday on my Blog hope you are well...me not I am sick cough so much last night cant sleep I was sleep at 2:30 in the morning and I stay at home can not go to work with so less sleep...wish you and your hubby healthy...hugs, Monika

Shelly said...

Oh, my goodness!...This is too cute!!! Love it!

jimlynn said...

I swear this looks just like a few in my back yard! Usually they dip down and try to nip at Rambo! LOL!
Super cute and creative!!! Love it.
Lynn

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, he is darling and love the inside too.

Hugs
Sue

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this high-flying squirrel!! What a super cute critter!! Great card, Vicki!

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Patricia St Martin said...

another adorable card inside and out. Very clever with the HI sentiment and love the extra nuts.
Hugs, Pat

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, this has to be the silliest, most delightful squirrel I've ever seen! Love the stitching and how you made it a complete scene. :-D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this darling digi- my husband is crazy for squirrels- we have lots of fun watching them in the yard- on the bird feeders and chasing each other up and down the trees.

aussie aNNie said...

Real winner of a card here Vicki and most gorgeous creation and colours..sorry if I miss any of your creations, my hours with my dad are getting longer, today I am trying to have a rest before I go up later this afternoon..
aNNie xx

The Journey is the Start

Chasing the Dream said...

This is so cute. Just love how he hanging. Fab composition and coloring. So fun
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

How cute! The squirrel is adorable and the sequins make this so festive. Another totally cute card. HUgz

Asha said...

Those falling nuts made me laugh! What a cute card...you're right...the squirrel is soooooo adorable!
hugs, Asha

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest! Love the image and thanks so much for sharing the link. The acorns and squirrel are a perfect combination of sets!

Gabby said...

Can't recall if I commented on this card in the SC gallery, or not. IT IS ADORABLE! I like Kim's stamps and I have this set. That squirrel is so cute and looks great on your card. Like your bkgrd and sequins, too. :)

Tammy said...

Oh this is so cute Vicki!! I love that little squirrel image and his fun googly eyes!!
Big hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

love the fun card and fabulous image -love the googly eyes lol
Carol x

Beth said...

Just to dang cute my friend put a big old smile on my face.
Hugs

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so freaking cute!! I love how you coloured his fur!

Emily Leiphart said...

This scene is amazing, Vicki! Way to be resourceful and use the free digi. I love what you did with those falling acorns. The depth and colouring make everything so realistic! Thanks so much for playing along in my SquirrelFest Challenge!

Penny Nantell said...

Really cute. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

Erin said...

You totally rocked the free digi stamp! Your falling acorns complete your card perfectly.

Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...