"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, November 10, 2014

It's So Shocking!

Hello friends!  Happy Monday to ya!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

Not sure if you've noticed at the top of my blog or not, but I have recently posted several things (stamps more specifically) from my crafty stash that I'm placing up for sell.  So if you are interested in seeing what I have, you can CLICK HERE or check out the top of my blog bar or click on the link right above my signature on this post or future posts.  Details on how to purchase are noted on the page along with photos of the items for sell.  Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Ok..done with the commercial, so now for my post today...
Since it was my hubby's birthday Saturday, I thought I'd share the card I created for him:
LOL!  Some of you may already know that my hubby is an electrician, so of course I had to make him this type of card! :)
I saw somewhere on Pinterest someone create a card and made their own "cut file" to cut out an electric plug-in shape.  I didn't want to go through all of that, so I have used my punches and dies to create my own version of an electric outlet card.

I used my Lawn Fawn Stitched Journal die cut to make the base of the outlet.  I then used some punches to create the "plug holes" and then popped those up on the stitched die cut.  I used to have some of those screw looking brads, but I can't find them or I've used them up, so I just used a silver brad for the center of the outlet.

I then popped this up on a black card base where I have taken the Technique Tuesday stamp set called Bright Idea...love this set...and embossed the sentiment at the bottom with white EP.  I also stamped another image from the set on the inside of the card.  (see below).
I then decided I wanted to add little electric "zaps" to the card, so I was excited to see this image from a set I bought in September by Mama Elephant (sold through Simon Says Stamp) called "Strong Together" (not sure if it's available any more.) and I stamped that "lightening bolt" in white ink over the black card base background.  I decided to add a few wooden star accents too.
I then rounded the edges with my corner chomper.

Here's what I put on the inside of the card:
LOL!!  I like to tease him about this because he's older than me! :)
I computer generated the sentiment and then stamped the outlet image from the TT stamp set in the corner.  I also rounded the corners of this white panel on the inside.

I hope hubby had an enjoyable birthday and if he's looking...love ya to pieces!! :)
Thanks so much for stopping in today with me!

-----------------------------------
CLICK HERE to check out my crafty stash for sell!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card in:
The Male Room - wood (I used wooden star accents...hope this works!)
Crafting by Designs - anything goes
Creative Fingers - anything goes

36 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW I love this card Vicki...I always struggle with ideas when I have to make a card for my hubby and I am going to case this one for next year!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Becca Cruger said...

So cute! This is one of my favorite stamp sets. I should bust it out again. I'm sure your hubby will love it.

Shelly said...

Ha! This is too cute!!! Love your plug outlet!

Bad Kitty said...

cute

MiamiKel said...

How cute is this! What a fun card in the perfect shape ~ how creative you are so cater your card to his work! Fab-u-lous! ♥

Margreet said...

Belated congrats Vicki...this is so great...love it!
xxx Margreet

Monika Reeck said...

I am really sure your hubby will love this it is really manly and creative Idea and I love that stamp set too Vicki..the front card is cuuteee a bit look like a little ghost with his O mouth hihi cute cute but I love the inside too...really manly Vicki...big hugs from Germany...and happy birthday to your hubby...hugs, Monika

jimlynn said...

I saw one similar to this on Pinterest and loved it! Yours is FANTASTIC! So perfect for anyone that does electric work and the sentiment is wonderful.
Lynn

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

bwahahaha! This is hilarious!!! I love it!

Regina said...

what a fun card!
Happy birthday belated and I wish your husband all the best!
The sentiment inside is great!
hugs and smiles Regina

Becky said...

wow, this is just awesome! Tell you husband "Happy Birthday" :)

Tammy said...

Oh this is so cute Vicki!! I LOVE how you've created the plug-in with punches and what a fun sentiments! I bet your hubby loved it!
Big hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

This is so much fun! I've seen this idea out there too, but have never used it. Thanks for inspiring me to give it a try! Great card, for a great guy! Hope his birthday is amazing! Hugs...

CaroleAnn said...

This is just so creative - until I finished reading you post I was wondering where you got those die cuts!!! I just love the card - just perfect! Hugs Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun - Thanks for joining in at TMR

Davi said...

Awesome Vicki, I love the outlet, so creative! Very cool for your hubby :)

Patti said...

So cute!! perfect for your hubby!!

Patti

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, such a thoughtful and fab card! Love how you created the sockets and the wonderful sentiment in and on the outside. I'm sure your incredible hubby adored it my friend. Have a super day! Ruby x

Céline said...

fun card, love the idea
hugs
céline

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation, love the colours and papers used.and you really did 'light up my life' xxx..
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

nwilliams6 said...

Such a great card! Especially for an electrician - wow! Talk about the perfect card for someone. Fun sentiment and dies too. Well done. Hugz

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, what a brilliant design! Adore this spectacular and creative birthday card. Your husband is going to love it!

Beth said...

Oh my word Vicki how stinking cute is this card what a great imagination you have and clever the way you put it together love it my friend.
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Vicki
hugs
lorraine x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how creative and fun Vicki!! Your husband is going to love it!!! I know I do!!
hugs,
Chris

Chasing the Dream said...

OMG, talk about thinking outside the box. This is so creatively clever. Just love what you have accomplished on this beauty. Hubby will treasure forever.
Hugs my friend

Julia Aston said...

This is SO fun Vicki! Happy b/day to your DH!!

Lola said...

OMG this is so super fun! I bet he LOVED it!

Deepti said...

What a fun masculine card :)

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the plug sockets and great B.paper your hubby will love it
Carol x

Deborah Frings said...

Super card - love the theme. Sorry to be so late commenting, thanks for playing along with The Male Room!

Granmargaret said...

Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. We hope to see you again next time.

Jenna said...

Wow, it's very funny and cool project! :-)

Asha said...

LOL - this is THE perfect birthday card! LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

This is so funny... I bet he got a charge out of his card??? Get it??? I'm so bad... Who ever thought they make a die cut like this, why not!! This is a great card and I love all the sentiments.
Hugs, Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...