"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shine Bright Like a Star!

Hello friends!
Back with you today to share a card that I sort of labored on a bit! LOL!
It really doesn't look like I did, but if you only knew what was going on in my craft room, honestly, you'd probably be looking on and snickering at me!  (Hubby did when he got home!)

You ever get an "ah-ha!" idea and then you want to go straight away to your craft table and make it?
Yeah....that always seems like it turns into an epic fail for me!! LOL!  Here's my thought:
Can you see the glittery stars?  I hope so because it took me forever to get the stamped glittered stars on there! LOL!  This is all on the white stitched circle.  I took the TAWS True Colors stamp set and stamped the three "brush marks" in different colors on the white circle.
For the "fun" part..ha!...I took the star from the TAWS Got it Covered set and used some heat n stick embossing powder so that it's sticky after you've heated it up.  After I heated it up to where it was sticky, I covered the star with the pinkish glitter.  (Although there is a "super star" sentiment on the solid star, you can't see it with all the thick glitter coating on it.)  I heat-set the glitter again to make sure it stays put and cleaned off the excess glitter with a swiffer wipe.  I repeated this process with the smaller stars on each side using the star from the TAWS TADA set.

So the "fun" part was me trying to figure out this heat n stick EP!! I first of all need some new lighting in my stamp room, so my hubby was laughing about my complaint because I was positive that this was most of the blame! :)  I think I was over heating the powder because I couldn't figure out why it wasn't sticky!  Now I have used this stuff before, but it has been years!  So I thought maybe THAT was it...it's old and I needed to throw it away!  Then I come to conclusion after throwing away about 4 practice sheets until I figured out that my eyes are bad and couldn't see that I was over heating it because it does get sticky rather quickly...you just have to watch it!  I was FINALLY able to get some sticky and glittery stars on there!  Yay!!! Clap clap

The rest of the card is quite simple as I stamped the background stars with the TAWS Now You See Me set as well as the sentiment from the set as well.  Of course I still wanted to fuss over it some more and add more things to it when my hubby finally said...leave it!  So I did! :)

I wanted to make a star creation because I'm sending this off to a charity looking for child/teen cards and the theme for the month was stars.  I don't know if anyone is familiar with the show "Under the Dome", but it's a series (based on the novel by Stephen King) I've been watching and this sort of reminds me of the "Pink stars are falling" that the kids were always saying.  Creepy! LOL!

----------------**Edited to Add**---------------
And here is a photo that hubby sent me from work...he's STILL making fun of me! LOL!
He says that maybe I should wear his headlight helmet for stamping....only a true electrician would offer a help like that instead of fixing the lighting problem!! LOL!!
THANKS HUBBY for trying to help out with my stamping!! LOL!

After rambling on now for some time, I do hope you've enjoyed my card for today!
Thanks so much for stopping in!

-----------------------------------
CLICK HERE to check out my crafty stash for sell!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the following challenges I based this card on:

SCS Cards for a Cause (C4AC21) - theme: stars

BE Inspired TAWS challenge:
(I was inspired by the glittery leaves and colorful block panel)

Simon Says Stamp - We're Seeing Stars
Crafts 4 Eternity - Bright Colors
Creative Corner - Let it Sparkle
Get Creative - anything goes (Optional:  use glitter) *new challenge blog*
City Crafter - Just A Word - "Shine"
Everybody Art - Circle on the Card
Clear it Out - Theme & Stash:  anything goes

47 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your post and crafty woes did make me smile!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card ... Love the glittered stars! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Donna said...

Your efforts were worth it Vicki your card is gorgeous, and I so enjoyed reading your post! Have a good day!

Lisa S. said...

A process I realize but totally worth it. Your stars look great Vicki! xx

Shelly said...

Such a FUN card!!! And I SEE the glittered stars! ;)

jimlynn said...

Well, one thing for sure - it's not creepy at all! Love the glittery stars and your card. I've never used that emboss paper before but it sure turned out gorgeous! Fun card.
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

I love the whole story behind this card, Vicki, including hubby's helping suggestion. lol The card itself is wonderful! :-D

Donna said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the glitter and sparkle on the stars, the black mat really makes them stand out. I hope you lighting is sorted out soon (naughty hubby) :) Donna ♥ x

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful card

vic said...

Beautiful Vicki and I did laugh I would of done the same but given up so you did a great job there :)))
Hugs
Vic x

Chrissy said...

Well,it came out perfectly in the end Vicki..lighting helmet or not..lol..love the brush marks..so effective.

luv CHRISSYxx

MiamiKel said...

Such a bright and cheerful card, Vicki! So much glitter and bling! Yes, I get ideas all the time but my problem is I don't have the time to run to the Cabana to put them to action - lol! So glad you did - this is a beauty! Love that helmet! ♥

Regina said...

Wonderful card - simple and so effective!
sending big hugs
Regina

Stella said...

You did not fail; you nailed our challenge! But I know what you mean; there is a lot ending up in the bin here:)
Love the brush marks and I have a place in my heart for stars. Especially as gorgeous as these. Thanks so much for being with us at CCCB this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

HAHAHA! We might be married to the same man, lol. Mine's helpful like that too :) I love the glittery stars - and ALL THE TIME that happens to me, the idea takes forever to translate :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous sparkly card Vicki!! I love the bright colors and your fabulous design!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Great post love the lighting story and that photo of the headlight did make me laugh the card is fab after all that love and hugs Carole x

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a cute card.

I love the pic of your hubby.

Cornelia W said...

Great card, Vicki - it was worth all the effort! Somebody will be really happy receiving it! ... Just have your hubby make a card all by himself and he will stop making fun of you!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I'm still laughing... I had the same problem with heat and stick powder. Love the picture of your hubby with his hat... too funny!

Cute card, Vicki! Sometimes the cards that you would think would be quick and easy turn out to be the hardest and make the most most on my craft table.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I'm still laughing... I had the same problem with heat and stick powder. Love the picture of your hubby with his hat... too funny!

Cute card, Vicki! Sometimes the cards that you would think would be quick and easy turn out to be the hardest and make the most most on my craft table.

Becca Cruger said...

hahahaha! Men. If it weren't for the teasing you'd think they didn't care. ;) Sometimes the hardest cards to create are the ones that SEEM like they should be the stinking easiest! Your card turned out just great though, with all its glittery festiveness.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- your colors and the sparkle is just awesome! I love your story- maybe we can invent some type of crafting Ott light that straps on around our heads......that would be awesome. I am not in love with the heat and Stick powder at all......!

aussie aNNie said...

Not laughing lol, awesome card.xxThe Journey is the Start

sandie said...

So funny, what a mean hubby!

Your card was worth the effort, it is bright and fun. Thanks for visiting my blog and joining and I have joined your smiling followers!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki and what lovely vibrant colours, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

'Stamp Smiles' made me smile with her lovely card and blogpost...great with a hubby who takes good care of you ....hihi...
xxx Margreet

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so vibrant and fun with the shooting stars.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Asha said...

Sorry, I had a good chuckle at your expense! My bad! This card reminds me of and old song by Perry Como: "Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away..." Fa card, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Céline said...

wow fan card, love the combo and glitter on stars
hugs
céline

Chasing the Dream said...

I now calling you the technique genius. This is absolutely so creative and fun. Very clever.
Hugs

michele said...

Fabulous card Vicki :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Monika Reeck said...

Agree with Donna...Your efforts were worth it Vicki.. I can see sparkle star there, sweeet little star there too I can see it...Hubby so funny haha....send my regards from me and my hubby to your hubby ...Lovely shiny card Vicki...hugs..Monika

Lynn's Place said...

Cute take on the challenge @ CIO ...stop by again to play <((><

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhh I love the shooting star look, and great photo of the hubby so nice of him to offer hehehehe! Have a great weekend!
Lisa

Becky said...

Your shooting stars are fabulous Vicki! Love it..
So nice of your husband to help you out, now he knows we are all watching to make sure you have the best lighting available.. :)

Yes it is me that has been playing email tag with you :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vicki :-) I love the glittery stars and whole design ofd this, very original :-)

I love sticky stuff, but you do have to be very careful not to overheat it, glad you worked it out in the end :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Deepti said...

Fab! Love the bold and bright colors :)

Angie A said...

Cute card love the glitter stars! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-DT/Owner

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/

http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and your glittery stars were worth the hassle lol-a few years ago my hubby kept complaining about the bad TV reception for months when he finally gave in and got his eyes tested(needed glasses) he realised the TV was fine and it was his eyes!
Carol x

Beth said...

Love your sparkly stars Vicki...I myself have never had much luck with that sticky powder or those glue pads...your hard work pad off because this is so cute.
Hugs

Katherine Clayton said...

GREAT card . . . love the sparkly stars!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Clear It Out Challenge for this week's "Anything Goes" challenge . . . hope to see you join us again soon!!! (and GOOD LUCK!!!)

Kathy - CIO DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool Vicki - great card and great story and great pic of hubby in his special hat! LOL! I actually have to admit that I wondered why my h&s powder doesn't work very well - now I know! Fun stuff. Hugz

Andrea said...

Great creation - I like it. Thanks for joining EAC
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Judith Culham Elsdon said...

beautiful card thank you for joining Get Creative challenges - good luck

Judith DT x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...