"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Welcome Autumn!

Hello friends!  Although the weather has gotten colder over the last few weeks, I really enjoy Fall and I like to hold onto it for as long as I can because it doesn't seem to last long enough!
And should I be working on Christmas?  Yep...but here I am with Fall still!! LOL!
And also, I had just gotten some new stamps that I hadn't got to play with since I bought them, so I wanted to break them out before I really got carried away with my Christmas cards. :)
Those will be the next thing I start really cranking out on my blog!

Here's my Autumn design for today:
I don't know if it was because it was extra dark outside and rainy or all of the gold and yellow I had on my card, but my lighting that I use to photograph my cards was extra bright!
So I will say that the colors are not quite as bright as shown on this photo,

I got this cute stamp set called Autumn Groves from Paper Smooches and was happy to break it out to have a play with it.  I also got these really cool Stitched Frames "Wise Dies" from Paper Smooches as well.  I love how you can take the stitch dies just to embed some stitching onto your design without it cutting anything out!  (If you look at the bottom of the card behind the scarecrow, you can see the stitch lines as well as the stitch marks around the square.  (It didn't punch out the square, so I just used a square punch to punch it out.)  It did cut around the stitched heart die though which is what I wanted to place my heart in the center of the square.
The tag with the sentiment is a die cut from Mama Elephant called Tags a Lot - Creative Cuts.

I used some brown coordinations card stock and embossed it with a wood-grain embossing folder.  After I embossed it, I ran a sanding block over it to get the "worn" look on it.  I think it really brings out the kraft colors in the design.  I then popped it up over a kraft card base and added all of the elements to the front.  the tag, leaves and scarecrow are popped up with foam tape after I fussy cut them all out.  I also added some gold sequins and brushed the leaves with my Wink of Stella.

I thank you so much for stopping in today!

-----------------------------------
CLICK HERE to check out my crafty stash for sell!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card in:
photo inspiration



Simply Create Too - Thanksgiving/Thank you

Cardz 4 Guyz - Thanksgiving/Thankful

Aud Sentiments - Put the sentiment on a tag


46 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, it's great you got to play with your latest stamps...love your card and that wood look background! Ruby x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

He's so cute! Love the background on here!

Cazro said...

A clever design using autumnal elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Shelly said...

This is so cute!!! Love the scarecrow and heart! Perfect for Fall!

Anneke said...

hi Vicky
yeahm the summer is gone, and welcome autumm.
this season has also his charms and i love this card from you.
have a nice week my friend and hugs to you.
Anneke

Bad Kitty said...

Lovely card

Olga said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Vicki:Your card is beautiful!!! 'Thank You' from all the Simply Create Too Design members for joining us for this special challenge [Challenge #74 -"Thanksgiving/Thank You"]. Hope to see your entries next challenge too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Pat (mspfd) said...

As always you do such a wonderful job. Gorgeous design with fabulous details, textures and accents. I am so glad you entered this beauty in the Simply Create Too Design Challenge #74! Enjoy the rest of your week. Hope you don't get snow!

julieprice3 said...

I love the woodgrain finish, just perfect for this image, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Monika Reeck said...

cute cute cuuutee
Love the image
love the background may I ask that wood grain Vicki?
would you mind to give me 2/3 pieces (looks like a real one yaay)...many thanks my friend..

and I love the idea of the heart and all the yellow color ...happy fall card...
I adore always your idea..

A bit story.. I have a training in my office from 9-17 ooh I am soo tired Vicky nearly no time to visiting blog and no time to creating today i made a quick card only..see you there my sweet friend..

hugs,
Monika

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love your card!! So spot on to the inspiration photo and the colors are so rich and vibrant. Bliss! ❤️

jimlynn said...

Precious! That little heart framed out like that is just adorable. Love the image and that great wood look background too.
Lynn

Carla S. said...

Wonderful Fall card, Vicki! Love all the special details you added! They all work perfectly together! Hugs!

NanaConnie said...

This is darling, Vicki! Love that little scarecrow. Great color combo and I love the pop of blue.
Did a browse around at all you've posted while I was sick and you've been busy. I really adore that penguin on the mitten that you did for Tues Throwdown. Sorry I missed it when you posted it. :-D

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a cute card.

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe so perfect for the holiday. Me lovin the texture on this beauty. Beautiful fall scene with fab image. Simply adorable.
Hugs

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is so cute! The little 'window' is such fun, and your scarecrow is delightful! Wonderful fall card! Thenks for the inspiration, my friend!

Margreet said...

Such a cute card Vicki...love the embossed background!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation Vicki, these colours look fab together...love the sweet image and design aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Donna K said...

What a perfect combination of textures and color! This is great, Vicki!! Hope your Autumn has been lovely so far. ~Donna K / Created by Donna K

Becky said...

OMG! This is just adorable Vicki! Love the wood grain, and that scarecrow is so cute.

Kimbo said...

Great Autumnal card - he makes me smile

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

Marja B. said...

So cute, Vicki! And great texture too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Céline said...

so cute, love the little scarecrow
hugs
céline

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous Autumnal card Vicki I really love that wood effect background also the lovely smiley scarecrow, smashing make.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Oh what a super sweet fall card Vicki!! I love that little scarecrow image and your fabulous sanded background!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

Beautiful card Vicki! I like your background and your design and colors go perfectly with it. I see you on a lot of my friends blogs, I came here com Monikas blog and am your newest follower. Donna

Patti said...

So sweet! I really love these colors together! Great wood grain EF too

Patti

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this cute scarecrow on your fabulous woodgrain background, Vicki!! Super autumn design!

vic said...

Aww this is gorgeous Vicki I love the embossing and that sweet scarecrow how adorable is he :) love the yellow heart too a gorgeous fall card :)
Oohhhhh I'm glad I'm not the only one with a few Christmas cards ha ha
Have a great day my friend
Hugs
Vic x

Sandy How said...

Fabulous card, love the woodgrain embossing and your cute little scarecrow.
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight.
Hugs,
Sandy

nwilliams6 said...

Love the embossed bg and the cute little scarecrow. This is adorable Vicki! It feels like Autumn here - finally! We don't get a lot of cold weather but it is suppose to actually get down to freezing here tonight - kind of scary for us since it is the first time this year and we will have to break out our coats. Cute card. Hugz

Deepti said...

This is so pretty, I love the pop of colors on the wood grain BG, such a perfect design :)

crafty-stamper said...

love the fabulous embossed background and great details
Carol x

Alice Wertz said...

love love the textures on the background! such a pretty card! thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Regina said...

it’s so autumnal! I can hear the leaves rustle
hugs Regina

Desire Fourie said...

Oh this is so fun and gorgeously autumn. Love the tag with the twine.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Helen said...

Great card - love the background you've created.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Pollard Carole said...

I love the colours on this its just so lovely and a super cute image love and hugs Carole x

Patricia St Martin said...

How adorable is your scarecrow, I love how you created the tree. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
rubber stamping is my game blog

Asha said...

Great job creating the bg - so perfect for the scarecrow. Another winner, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Gabby said...

Super cute autumn card! LOVE all the PS stamps and the fab emb woodgrain bkgrd. :)

Marie said...

I love your wonderful looking creation. It's super cute. Really, really sweet. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Beth said...

really fun Thanksgiving card Vicki your wood embossing and distressing is awesome and the images are adorable...beautifully done GF.
Hugs

maria f. said...

It must be those vibrant colors. Or maybe it's that adorable and not-so-often-seen scarecrow image. Hm, maybe it's your cool design. This is one awesome card, Vicki. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...