Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

A Loooong Holiday Season!

Hello friends!  Welcome to December!
Wow!  Where did the time go?!  I hope you are getting a handle on your Christmas cards.
I'm still plugging away at making them.  I think I'm just about ready to get them all sent though.
Now that I've got my Christmas decorations up, now comes the Christmas baking!  I do love making those Christmas cookies every year.  I find it relaxing for some reason.

So I have something a little near and dear to my heart to share with you today...
And you are saying "AWE!" right now, right?  LOL!
I saw this darling stamp set with the doxies on it from a few places out in blogland and discovered that Newton's Nook are the ones that sell this cute Holiday Hounds stamp set!  Of course I just had to nab onto it!  I have paper pieced the doxie's scarf with the same patterned paper you see along the side of my card.  I also used the hat in the set and used the same papers for it, but for the fur trimmings, I added some liquid applique to it and heated it up to make it "puffy" looking.

I used my border die cut to make a snowy hill which makes it appear that doxie is "dashing through the snow"! LOL!  I punched out a snowflake to put in the center of my bow and added a rhinestone to the center of that.

And do you know how I got the inspiration to make this card?  Have a look...
Mocca likes to cuddle with me in this fuzzy warm blanket that I just bought about a month ago.  She is actually sitting on my lap here wrapped up with it and I thought I would snap a photo with my phone while we were spending some quality time.  She just needs the hat now, right?  LOL!

Well I know that I will be pulling out this set again to make a couple more Christmas cards I'm sure.  My parents also have a doxie and I think this would be a perfect set to use for them.  I know that Mocca's vet would get a kick out of a Christmas card and her special chiropractic friend too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you've enjoyed my looong wiener wishes card!
See you again tomorrow for a fun new challenge!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Newton's Nook - (newtonsnook/ IPC16) - Christmas

Crafting for All Seasons - "Tis the Season
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas Animal

39 comments:

Olga said...

He is adorable and your card is fantastic!!!!

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki my friend! Wow...another fantastic card, great paper piecing and I do love the pic of your cute Mocca. Have a super monday! Ruby x

Margreet said...

What a beautiful and cute card with your Mocca..it remembered me that I also have a 'Mocca' stamp of Hero Arts...will use it in short time!
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

Cutie patootie or what! She is just adorable. Tis the season to be warm and snuggly... and she knows it. Sorry ... I got distracted... the card is sooo cute... just like little Mocca (sorry distracted again) Hope you are both keeping warm and counting the days to the glory Christmas.
hugs, Asha

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card

Shelly said...

ADORABLE!...Mocca and your card! ;)

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this precious card, Vicki!! Fabulous work with this adorable pup in his paper pieced scarf!!

It looks just like Mocca!!

Tammy said...

Looks like I've missed some sensational creations! Each one is splendid but I especially love your card today, just can't seem to help myself when there is a pup involved! Thanks you so much for the card you sent me and your support during this difficult time. It means the world to me!

jimlynn said...

EEK! Mocca looks just like our little Rambo! I could just reach out and give her a big hug. Rambo is waving hi and wishing they could play together!

I also love your card! Don't you just treasure that stamp set!!! So cute and love the design you used for your card. Adorable!
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

I knew Lynn would fall in love with Mocha as soon as she saw that photo. :-D Love the card, my friend. That plaid paper for the scarf and the background is perfect! Loooove that sentiment.

Chrissy said...

Simply adorable Vicki..love the paper pieced scarf and fluffy trim..what a gorgeous card.. and the photo of Mocca is too cute..beautiful wee girl.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, Mocca is adorable! Fabulous matching card!!

Deepti said...

He is so adorable, love ur card love the paid pattern in the BG

Regina said...

Vicki, such a fun image! Love your coloring and the wonderful design. Great job adding the wintery effects too!

sending hugs Regina

Sue said...

OMG, this card is so cute! And the real live puppy to match. Both are fabulous!

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

Awwwww Mocca is totally adorable Vicki, she has such a sweet face. I love your gorgeous card, such a sweet image and wonderful design.
Thank you for making me smile!
hugs Sue xx

Julia Aston said...

What a cute pooch! both on your card and in your blanket!

Donna said...

Your card is almost as adorable as Mocca!

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant card and a gorgeous dog lovely design just fab love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki!! I LOVE that image and the fun paper pieced scarf! Mocca is adorable, I love her blankie!!
Big hugs, Tammy

Patricia St Martin said...

AWE My girlfriend has a one of those and he is adorable. Your little guy is adorable. Super job on your card. Love the layout and the snowflakes. Just darling.
Hugs, Pat

Ina said...

OMG I am laughing at this adorable little pooch. Love the layout and the check background and of course the scarf to match. Gorgeous Vicki.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh such a cutie pie..cant decide who is cute...the image or your inspiration!! Big hug to the real cutie!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Davi said...

Love your card Vicki!! That little guy so cute, just like your little Mocca!! Fun pieced scarf too :)

Patti said...

Awwww is right!! I love your sweet dog's face! What a darling card. I don't have any animals but if I did it would be a dachshund - I think they are the cutest dogs!!

Have a great week.

Patti

Lola said...

How cute is that sentiment - so perfect with your pup. And your fur baby is just as cute!

Beth said...

Girlfriend I am loving this that Doxie is so cute and your plaid paper is perfect on this.
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is absolutely cute and delightful Vicki, I love that image (and the real life inspiration) so much this is fantastic
hugs
lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is absolutely cute and delightful Vicki, I love that image (and the real life inspiration) so much this is fantastic
hugs
lorraine x

Donna K said...

Ummmm...total cuteness! Your Mocca is a doll, just a doll and I can absolutely see where your inspiration for this darling card came from. So glad I stopped by today, this warmed my heart!

crafty-stamper said...

great paper pieced image and matching sentiment-love the pic of Mocca-I have two cats and after relation split ups my daughter came home earlier this year and has a chihuahua xJack russell then son came home with sml Yorkie x Chihuahua !!! what with 2 sml grandaughters coming for a sleep over to see their dad three times a week----HOUSE FULL ooh I forgot Bo a dwark red-tailed boa very tame
carol x

JD/ Jill said...

So "sweet" both the card and your adorable "Mocca"! cute! cute! cute!

Céline said...

oh wow, fab colors and design
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Uiih I adore your color combo and this cuteee Image and again lovely coloring ...sweeet red card with that little dog..may I ask you how you made his hat..need the answer my dear..hugs, Monika

Patti J said...

What a happy, happy card!!! I love this, Vicki - you brought me a huge smile this morning!!! Hugs...

Jennifer Jackson said...

Hi Vicki! I'm so glad you found us at Newton's Nook Designs! Your card is adorable! I love the paper pierced plaid scarf and the "fuzzy" hat! And your inspiration - Mocha - is darling! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge!!

nwilliams6 said...

This is one of the best card and I love that you had personal inspiration. Too cute - both the card and the dog. I love love love your card - that image is precious and the details and coloring are perfect. Hugz

Crafty Math Chick said...

YAAY! Doxie Mommas UNITE! Love your adorable card, and your sweetie doxie too.

Jessi Fogan said...

AWWWWW is right! That stamp set was made for Mocca!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...