"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Flashback Friday - Tags Til Christmas!

Hello friends and happy Friday!
I am just a bit late on this Friday for my post, but I've had a CRAZY couple of days and I'm a bit behind because of it!  So now I need to move on where I left off and continue on with my Christmas preparations now! :)

This will also be my last "Flashback Friday" post until the New Year!

*Warning...post is very photo heavy!*

So what I also like to include in my "Christmas preparations" is what else, besides cards, is TAGS!
I never purchase pre-made cards and never tags either...I have everything I need for those items...so why in the world would I buy them...it takes a little...or sometimes...A LOT of work is all!! LOL!

My perfect "go to" stamp set that I reach for to make tags...in a hurry...is this old Stampin' Up! stamp set called "Tags Til Christmas".  Here's what the set looks like in case you've never seen it before:
I think this is such a fabulous set to have on hand especially if you have the coordinating punches to go with the shapes.  (Which of course I do!) It makes it soooo easy to stamp the image and then punch it out to make up tags really fast!

So here's my latest batch of tags that I've piled up for gift wrapping:
For some reason, I thought that if I kept with the number '12' that I would just make 12 of each type of tag!  So with that theme in mind, I have created approximately 84 tags all in one day!  So I know that it can be done!!  I have no excuse! :)

I also thought while I was doing this, that this would make for a great gift for someone.  Just make up all of these tags and fill up enough for a cute tin or box and wrap it with ribbon.  I'm sure that someone would really appreciate this type of gift...I sure would!  Especially if they were all hand-made!  There's nothing better than a hand-made gift.  I've always told my children this as I received those darling things they made at school and proudly brought home.  I still have several Christmas ornaments that I have saved from them and plan to pass them along to my grandchildren one day! :)
(Make sure your child DATES the items they made so you know when they made it!)

So here's a bit of a closer look at the individual tags:
So these are just basic flat tags that I stamped, punched out and layered it and punched a whole in the top corner to thread some cord or twine through it.
For the Santa suit tag, I colored the "buttons" with my gold gel pen as well as the belt buckle.  I then took my black Wink of Stella glitter pen and colored in the belt.  I was also thrilled to use up some more of my gold eyelets!  LOL!  I put the "to:/from:" on the back of the tag.

For the black and red tag on the far right, I just stamped the sentiment in white ink on black card stock, punched it out with my square punch and layered it onto a red punched scallop square punched out as well.  The "to:/from:" is also stamped on the back.

And here's the set of folded tags:
I took some kraft card stock and used my stitched journal die to create several folded tags and stamped the designs on the front with red ink and punched them out.  I just cut some kraft card stock for the front ornament card tag and stamped the ornament with green ink and punched it out to attach to the front of it.  The "to:/from:" are all stamped on the inside of these tags.

The left tag was made for all of the Christmas cookie containers I will be making up very soon! :)  I took a small candy cane from another stamp set to stamp on the front bottom of this tag.

I also thought it was fantastic that I used up many of my supplies that have been sitting around like the different twine and scraps of card stock!  Tags are always great for using up those tiny scraps that you have laying around and haven't done anything with yet!

____________________________________________________________________
And now for an even further "Flashback Fun"...I thought I'd share some cards that I had made with this same stamp set.  This set is not only great for tags, but you can make some really great cards with it as well.  I believe that I had made all of these cards in 2012.
Enjoy.....









So I thank you so much for stopping by today!
Hope you've enjoyed my "Flashback Friday" posts and would like to see them continue in the New Year!
Merry Christmas and best wishes for an up-coming New Year my friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges to enter my TAG creations for:
613 Avenue - Anything Goes with optional "gift packaging"
Clear it Out - anything goes/ Stash:  any
Little Red Wagon - anything Christmas themed
Creative Fingers - anything goes
Brown Sugar (BSCB-125) - Christmas

30 comments:

Deepti said...

What a lovely flashback! I love those tags, super fabulous :)

Becca Cruger said...

That would be a great way to use up scraps. The tags are adorable and I love your parade of Christmas cards!

Deb said...

Hi Vicki, your tags are so gorgeous and love the flashback, how fun!
Thank you so much for your lovely message. I am not creating at all these days so nothing to blog. I may get back into it after the holidays but we will see!
Wishing you a a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year! big hugs Debxx

Bad Kitty said...

your tags are gorgeous
Merry Christmas

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely bunch of tags Vicki! that IS a great stamp set to have! and your cards are beautiful too! Have a wonderful Christmas dear friend!

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant projects today they are all gorgeous. enjoy your Christmas an d New Year love and hugs Carole x

Lola said...

What a great stamp set - so versatile. Love all the tags!!

Sue said...

Such a wonderful selection of tags, really fabulous designs and colours. I love your 'flashback fun' cards too.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

WOW, all of your tags and cards are gorgeous Vicki!! I love all of the different designs! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of tags a great use for all the scraps, and beautiful Christmas cards-you have been busy
Carol x

Tammy said...

Wow, that's a lot of wonderful tags and each grouping so fabulous! I love the Santa suits, too cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This set is perfect for all of your tags. I make mine too- many times in my head...... You are a Get it Done gal! I really like seeing the flashbacl with your cards as well.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love your flashback, these are so stinkin cute.

Asha said...

Delightful little projects, Vicki. Just what I need so close to Christmas.... Aaaaargh! It's less than a week away...PANIC!
hugs, Asha

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Vicki those tags are just so fun and I love the fact that you have the co-ordinating punches for the stamped shapes. And your cards are just pure festive delight. Also wishing you a blessed festive season with your loved ones.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. sorry, that I was not here... It`s long time ago.

Your tags are so wonderful... I love SU

Wish you a wonderful christmas weekend
Anja

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and flash back, this is the sweetest ..great colours and design.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Laurie Unger said...

What fun tags and I love how you incorporated them into cards as well! thanks for the inspiration.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW awesome tags Vicki and I love those beautiful 'flashback' cards, you are one awesome crafter
hugs
lorraine x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love that set! I have it too...and I fell in love with your Santa's suit tag...I have to think on these...TFS
bibiana

Jessi Fogan said...

I love your flashback posts! Even if I don't have the same sets it still gives me lots of ideas for updating older styles. And these tags are MARVELOUS! Love the shapes - and the folded ones with the stitched edge!

Regina said...

Delightful card collection with the old stamp set!

wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas
Regina

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiiii lovely flashback..all your Tags are wonderfull and the cards also great made...it was 2012 ooh so modern Vicki..you have already used big dots embossed folder and the card with three bauble similar like my card..I love made cards with only two baubles..we have a bit same idea Vicki..love it...and so sorry was no blogging since last 16 Dec..becoz my move to new office a bit much to do at the office no mojo made cards..hapoy holiday and my christmas card will come to late but at least I made one for you sweety..hugs.Monika

Becky said...

Great flash back and wonderful tags.

Alanna said...

Wow you were so busy but it certainly paid off. Your tags are just darling.

Shelly said...

Lovin' your flashback! Awesome tags and cards! Merry Christmas!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Those are a super bunch of stamps to hang on to, they make wonderful tags and cards. My grand son from South Dakota is here so proud of him now he is on his 2nd level on his black belt next year he graduates and he is on the honor roll and best of all he is coming to live with me and going to collage at Wisconsin Universe and that is right here in Kenosha. I could not ask for anything more, I'm so happy.
Merry Christmas Vicki and thank you so much for my beautiful card.
Hugs, Pat

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

How awesome! Way to knock all of those off! I better get cracking, two days to go and I haven't made any tags for my own gifts hehehe!

JD/ Jill said...

Great tags and cards...thanks for sharing you have inspired me ideas for next year...

nwilliams6 said...

Some awesome tags and cards. You brought new life to this set! Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...