"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Silver Bugaboo Bells & A Pile of Christmas!

Hello friends!  I have been trying to rev up my Christmas card making and I thought that perhaps by joining in some fun challenges that this would help to complete my task!
So hopefully I can REALLY work hard on getting my Christmas cards finished up so that I can mail them all out this weekend!  Let's HOPE anyway! :)

Since I've missed the last several days of the fun
Bugaboo Christmas Chaos event...I think I'm going to be ONE and DONE! LOL!
If I hadn't caught this on the third or fourth day, maybe I could have had a chance.  Oh well, there's always next year, right?! LOL!  So for the first day, they wanted to see some
Sparkle & Shine. Simply create a card that has glitter, sparkle, gems, pearls etc.

So here's the card that I made for that:
So I wasn't sure what I was going for here other than a "silver bell" card.
I printed out the Winter Circle Sentiments - Jingle Bells image and punched it out with my mega circle punch and then punched out a piece of metallic silver card stock with my scallop circle punch to go behind it.

I stamped the smokey slate colored card base with white dots and embossed a greeting with silver embossing powder.  After embossing it, I didn't think that it stood out very well against the gray colored card stock, so I rubbed some white chalk over it.  Not sure that helped either! LOL!  I also added some silver metallic ribbon to the top of the circle image and rounded the bottom corners with my corner chomper.

Here are the details of the main image:
So now that you can see a closer view of the card, you can see the details more clearly.  This is what I hate about photos on the blog...they don't show everything you want.
I have colored the holly and ribbons on the bells with my Copic markers and colored in the bells with my silver metallic gel pen...so shimmery!  I also used a soft blue Copic to add shadows around the snowflakes and outer portion of the circle.  On top of that, I added some Stickles Glitter glue and I also coated the holly berries with glossy accents.
The circle panel was popped up with foam squares.

So just a quick and simple post for me today...wasn't expecting to post anything, but in the spirit of Christmas, what's another Christmas card sharing, right?!
And when I say "another card to add to the pile"....here's what I mean:
So I know you've probably seen most of these cards on my blog.  There are a few of them that I inadvertently sneaked in behind the others because I haven't posted them yet, or for some other "snoopy people" that frequent my blog at times!  Not naming names! *wink
I am also working on an assembly line of them in the next few days so that I can get them all finished!  Perhaps I can share some of them as I go along this month which would make my posting MUCH easier finishing out the year!! LOL!!  Yeah, I know...cheater!


Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
Bugaboo 2nd annual Christmas Chaos Event - Sparkle and Shine
Jingle Belles Rock - Card Pile and/or Anything Goes (This challenge really does ROCK!  I'm going to be going there first thing New Year's Day! LOL!!)
Just Us Girls - Word Week:  "Sparkle"
Sentimental Sundays - embossing (wet or dry) + sentiment
Holly Jolly - Anything Goes Christmas

29 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Vicki your card is beautiful, gorgeous chosen colours and a nice pile there to send off! Ruby x

jimlynn said...

Photos never show up as good as the real thing - but this one is so close it hurts! I can see so much silver and shimmer and beauty!! LOVE your card Vicki! The "snow" in the background is so pretty and love the base color for your card.
Great card!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

card is beautiful

Margreet said...

A beautiful card for the pile Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

they're all so fabulous!

hope you're enjoying this nice weather!

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

This is such a pretty card Vicki, love that image with the sentiment going around the circle, the embossing is gorgeous, I love this so much.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Keep up the momentum, your cards are all wonderful and will be most appreciated! Love today's card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the coloring and added sparkle to your focal image! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the image, wonderful sparkle and gorgeous snowy background.
hugs Sue xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love those bells and all of your sparkle! Great coloring, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Patti J said...

That's so pretty, Vicki! Love the shiny, sparkly touches, and the colors are soft and lovely! Thanks for sharing! I'm working on my cards for crafty peeps, so if you get a chance, email me your snail mail address :) Hugs...

Patti said...

Good girl! you've been busy : ) I love the sparklyness giggles of your sweet card!

: ) Patti

Chasing the Dream said...

Hi there, loving the sparkling silver on the bells. The bells are ringing for the holiday cheer. Fab design
Hugs

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your snowy background and your pretty, sparkly focal image. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Monika Reeck said...

Iovely paper under the main image and love all sparkle and silver on your card..clever made mx sweet friend . How are you Vicki...hope youa are well n healthy...big hugs.Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I am sorry...typing from my mobile phone make me made some mistakes by writing..please forgive me Vicki ;)

Pollard Carole said...

just gorgeous this image is lovely and all those cards so talented. Love and hugs Carole x

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your sweet silver bells, Vicki! Cute, cute holiday card!

CaroleAnn said...

Wow, what a gorgeous amount of cards - I just have the need to look at every single one of them!!! You rock with all that you got done! Hugs

mulberry station said...

Beautiful card. I love the detail. Thanks for joining us for our Christmas Chaos at Catch The Bug.
Nancy

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous! Love all of the sparkle!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, love your card, the silver is wonderful. I need to get mine out also.
Have you figured out this word problem? Because I have to tell you I have no idea why my word verification is coming up and I tried to change it and I have it on NO so it should not be doing this. So I did a comment on my blog and just hit PUBLISH THIS cannot remember just what it said and it posted my comment with out doing the word verification. Just wanted to let you know.
Hugs, Pat

Chasing the Dream said...

Back with DT Hat. You are one busy holiday crafter. Beautiful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Sentimental Sundays. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs    
Berni,DT
sentimentalsundays.

Céline said...

wow fab card and wow you are ready for christmas (not me )
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the image and beautiful die-cut frame
Carol x

Asha said...

A lovely healthy pile of kindness, love and a little Christmas magic! And another beautiful card is joining it!
hugs, Asha

Deepti said...

I love love love this beauty :) the grey and all the colors on the bells look fabulous

Lola said...

Great silvery goodness and nice pic of all the glittery fun!

Tracey Fehr said...

Love this card...and your pile looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly!
Tracey, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...