"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thanks Snow Much!

Hello friends!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time spent with your family and friends!
I have family gatherings scattered throughout before Christmas and up to New Year...so it's been hard to get some solid stamp time to get much of anything done.  I don't get much stamping time with my family hanging around! :)

It seems like I haven't posted anything creative for a while and I found some time in my stamp studio yesterday afternoon and had a play with my new card kit from Simon Says Stamp! Yay!
So I pulled it out to make a tall and skinny card for you today!

I really fell in love with the colors from this kit!  I really love the Bo Bunny papers too!
I didn't use a whole bunch of the perfect pearls from the kit, but you'll see the snowflakes in the background have a bit of purple tint to them.  I don't normally do a combination of both white and cream colors together like this, but with the items in this kit, it really works nicely.

I embossed the "thanks" sentiment at the bottom and it'a hard to tell, but the small heart on the paper banner along with the heart in the center of the snowflake are covered with glossy accents.
To pick up some of the blue colors in the decorative papers, I pulled out my bottle of blue shimmer mist and added some splatters to the background.

Here's what I put on the inside of the tall and skinny card:
I used the sentiments and images from the stamp set included in the kit to finish out my greeting on the inside of my card.  You will also notice that laying underneath the card, I stamped a matching envelope with it.  The finished card measures 6 1/2" x 3 1/4" which was made this way to perfectly fit inside these envelopes that I already had on hand.

Thanks for joining me here today!  I'll be seeing you all again in the New Year!
Best wishes and health to you for the coming New Year in 2015!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
613 Avenue - anything goes
Mojo Monday - MOJO378

41 comments:

Donna K said...

Vicki, this is so beautiful. I love these colors and how you gently lifted the pennants. The added heart and soft edges are wonderful! Hope you have a wonderful New Year! Hugs...~Donna K

Chana said...

Hi, Vicki!
Great compositiona and color integration! Very nicely crafted, indeed! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

sandie said...

Hi VIcki, love the tall and thin card and these colours are a joy! Have a fun New Year x

sandie said...

Hi VIcki, love the tall and thin card and these colours are a joy! Have a fun New Year x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love the colours and the DL size card, a really beautiful design :) Donna ♥ x

Cornelia W said...

Those are gorgeous colors - looks like a lot of fun, your new kit! Happy New Year to you and all the best for 2015! Great to have met you in blogland!

jimlynn said...

I'm "sorta" back from break and glad I am because it's so nice to see this gorgeous card. Love the design you used with the SSS kit papers and stamp! I just got mine yesterday but haven't had time to dig into it yet.
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

That is just super adorable! I am loving those colors, and I like the way your little tags flap up at the ends. Such a cool design element.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a stylish design and I love the colours.
Wishing you all the best for a Happy and healthy New Year.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is absolutely gorgeous what lovely colours and papers you have used, the design is fabulous, love it, have a great New Year
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

this is so beautiful.
Happy New Year

Monika Reeck said...

I wanna say many many thanks for all the lovely encouragement you write to me..I have read two times I will read again Vicki...you are really a sweet friend and never forget to come back if we gave you some love...I love you as Blogland friend and want to be your friend forever if you like :)

Vicki how clever to used the sketch and what a lovely combo of the DP and this is in purple yaaay my color hehe yours too...I love your take on the sketch so awesome Card dear Vicki...big hugs...Monika

Julia Aston said...

How pretty in the purple and blue Vicki - love all the patterns on your papers!

Darnell J Knauss said...

You rocked that sketch, Vicki! It's a winner to me! I am in love with the colors and the gloss and how you did the inside! Excellent!! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and I'm glad you got a chance to get crafty! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Anneke said...

dear Vicky
such a gorgeous creation and how beautiful this color combination is and i love it.
i wish you all the good things for 2015 for you and your family and a big hug to you.
Anneke

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicky this is gorgeous card. These are some really neat colors love the blues to purples. The banner strips such a great idea. I love how the inside turned out. Hope all went well for you at Christmas.
Hugs, Pat

Chasing the Dream said...

Happy New Year. Fell in love with these colors. It is the perfect Thank you beauty. Sweet design.
Hugs

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous colors and I like the tall and skinny, I really like the outward curl at the bottom of your banners, very classy! Happy New Year Vicki!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card. What a fun wintery thank you.

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors and size!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous! Love the colors and your take on the sketch is awesome.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card my friend... Have a great new crafting year.xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jennifer said...

Vicki, this is a delightful winter thanks! Love the papers to and the smattering of snowflakes is sweet!

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is just so colourful and fun. Loving the aqua and purple. Wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... I see you on FB and forget to write a little bit on your blog....
Your card is amazing and I love it.

Wish you a wonderful start in the new year
Hugs Anja
xoxo

vic said...

Oohh this is gorgeous vicki love love love it :))

Have a lovely new year my friend

Hugs

Vic xx

Olga said...

Absolutley gorgeous!! Happy New Year!!!

Céline said...

really beautiful !
happy new year
hugs
céline

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Happy 2015! I am here to wish you an excellent new year, may all your wishes come true. thanks for all your support through the 2014, I look forward for new things to share with you...love that thanks card great idea to start a new year, giving thanks!!!best wishes
and warm hugs from the USA
bibiana

Becky said...

Happy 2015 My Friend! :).. Awesome card for this challenge, which I have not played in a while..

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the different paper banners -love your flashback Fridays -have you thought of making them a challenge or just pr-warning us what they will be so we can add your link to our cards too?
Happy new Year to you
Carol x

CaroleAnn said...

Wow! I love this and now I want to join!! Love all the details you put into your card both outside and inside and envelope to match! Wonderful! Happy New Year, my friend, and looking forward to crafting months ahead to share out ideas!!! Big Hugs

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Vicki!! I love the tall design and the beautiful colors my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

Love it, Vicki - especially the card size! Beautiful colors, 'snow' much fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Kristen H said...

Love the colors and the layout! Great card, as always!!!
Happy New Year!

Aurora Marco said...

Happy New Year! Such a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Cheers,
Aurora

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors and the great design.

Asha said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Call me nosey but love a sneaky peek inside...! Fab colours too.
hugs, Asha

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! Love the colors on here! Just beautiful!!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Some pretty colors!!! Cool design too. Hugz

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card! i finally got a chance to play with januarys kit and will be sharing the cards on my blog this week :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...