"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

A 'Bearable' Winter!

Hello friends!  Happy Monday and welcome to another week in January!
Hope you are all staying warm and if you are feeling poorly, I wish you well!

Just popping in today with a quick and fun card:
I think these winter critters from Lawn Fawn are soooo cute! :)
This little Polar Bear guy is from their Critters in the Snow stamp set. I've also used the matching die cuts to cut him out with.  The snowflakes and sentiments are also from the same stamp set.
I placed a spot of liquid pearls in the center of the snowflakes.  The two stitched rectangle panels were die cut from both of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched and Small Stitched Rectangle Dies.

I wanted to great an ombre effect with the snowflakes and have stamped them in two different shades of blue with my Stampin' Up! ink pads:  Pool Party and Soft Sky.  The card base as well as the layered stitched rectangle panel were cut from Stampin' Up! Island Indigo card stock.  I've used some Cryogen White card stock for the white areas.  Both the polar bear and center rectangle panels were popped up with some foam tape and I've tied some clear shimmer ribbon towards the top of it.
Very simple, but cut and fun!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I hope that you are having a "happy winter" so far!  I'm having fun stamping inside where it is warm and hope that I don't have to shovel too much snow this week! LOL!!

P.S.  If you haven't played along in my current Flashback Friday challenge yet, there's still time to play along!  So check out the post below, or CLICK HERE to see details!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

Lawnscaping Challenge (LSC97) - mood board inspiration

CAS(E) This Sketch (CTS105)


Pals Paper Arts (PPA235) - Color Combo Challenge


Crafts 4 Eternity - Blue Tones

Sentimental Sundays - Winter Sparkle + sentiment

39 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very cute card

Amelia said...

Cute card Vicki, love those snowflakes and bow. That image is adorable! Xx

Tammy said...

Sweet CAS card, love the polar bear and the ombre snowflakes are beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

The liquid pearls look stunning on your snowflakes Vicki - love your cute little polar bear enjoying the snowfall!

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, your card has just brightened my day! Lovely cute bear and I do love the cas style! Ruby x

Margreet said...

So adorable!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this precious baby polar bear with your delicate blue snowflakes!! Super cute card, Vicki!

Becky said...

This is fabulous Vicki! Beautiful design and I love that cute polar bear.

Sarah said...

Oh my vicki, this is so cute!! xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable, now I need this set so I can KopyKat you! lol. I love it. I can never get my liquid pearls to behave like that. One or two always go flat on me. lol.

Tammy said...

Oh this is adorable Vicki, what a cute little polar bear!! fabulous CAS design and I love the beautiful snowflakes!
Hugs, Tammy

Samantha Casey said...

Adorable card! I love the snowflakes and color combination! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

jimlynn said...

It may have been simple, but it's TOOOOOO CUTE!!! Love it! The colors are just perfect for this little guy and love all the background snowflakes! Precious!
Lynn

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, adorable image and I love the delicate snowflakes.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki, I have just turned the heating on for a couple of hours as my hands and fingers are freezing, it is raining and windy outside, yuk, lol. Vicki I totally adore this fabulous card I really love the colours and those little snowflakes with the pearls in their centres, and that little Polar Bear is such fun, smashing make.
hugs
lorraine x

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, Vicki, this is adorable! Love your fab color choices and snowflake background.

Patti J said...

Great take on the sketch, and this has to be the cutest wee bear ever!!! Love the stitched dies - I'm sure that I need some of those! Hugs...

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the little polar bear.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this fab card- the bear is so sweet, and love the colors you stamped the snowflakes in. I just ordered some dies like these - thanks for enabling : )

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe the bear is so sweet. Beautifuly CAS. Simply a delightful beauty.
Berni

Becca Cruger said...

Every time I see those faux stitched panels I think, "You should go buy yourself some of those." They really make cards seem so finished and professional. That little smiling bear is just an adorable element! I'm sorry I haven't gotten the opportunity to play with your Flashback Friday this week (yet). It's on my list of things to do!

aussie aNNie said...

Great creation and lovely colour combination used...xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Beth said...

Simple but a real beauty love everything about it Vicki.
Hugs!

Céline said...

so gorgeous Vicky, love the frosty look
hugs
céline

Shelly said...

ADORABLE!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Vicki! Clean and perfect! The bear image is too cute. I LOVE the liquid pearls in the centers of the snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Brian King said...

Vicki - What a great combination of all three challenges. That little bear is adorable! Thanks for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge.

Patricia St Martin said...

Perfect CAS card and as cute as can be. Love the touch of color. The little bear is so cute, ribbon is a nice touch.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

beautiful... brings a smile when I look at your card!!! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Hannelie said...

I LOVE your beautiful clean lines Vicki!
The blue and white looks so clean... lovely!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

Yainea said...

Super cute! Love the liquid pearls on every snowflake, that adds a special and pretty shine to the whole card :)
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges!

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful love the cute polar bear and great snowflake layers
Carol x

Sandy Sommerfeld said...

Very pretty! And cute! You certainly met the ombre color combination too!

Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week, hope to see you at the next one...

Sandy S
SSDT

Jessi Fogan said...

That bear! Just utterly adorable, Vicki!

NanaConnie said...

This has to be the curest polar bear ever! Love your mostly white card with the splashes of blue. Fabulous, my friend!

nwilliams6 said...

ADORABLE! Love the image! Cute, cute, cute. Hugz

Lola said...

This is way beautiful. Love the layout and "simplicity" of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...