"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Birthday Star with NBUS!

Hello friends!
Middle of the week is here and I would rather stay in the warm studio and stamp some more, but the chores of running errands must go on! Boo!
I wanted to share a card I made today and I've made this one masculine style as I'm always needing masculine birthday cards, so this will work for someone I need a card for! :)
OK, so when I saw a couple of challenges, my thoughts just seemed to go with a masculine style theme and I decided to go ahead and run with that idea.

I have used some new papers (well new to me because I was given a few sheets for FREE when I placed my last order with Lawn Fawn....gosh, I do love this company...they are awesome to order from and make such awesome products! :)
And another company that I have been a fan of for years is Whimsy Stamps!  They too are awesome to order from and I usually get a little something extra with my orders! Yay!
So I won a gift certificate from a challenge I entered and used it to buy some fun new sets and dies with it!  I have used part of it on my card here!  I used this cool set called Distressed Backgrounds and Ink Splats.  I used some white ink to stamp on the turquoise panel.  (It sort of looks like I spilled some bleach over it! LOL!)  And of course I've used this set before, but the sentiment came from the Sweet as Candy-Sweet Sentiments stamp set.  I've also used the Stitched Border Die Trio to make some stitch marks along the strip of black going across the middle.

The stars were punched out and I've inlayed the small turquoise star inside the larger black star and popped it up with foam tape.  The corner were punched with an old ticket corner punch I had.  To finish it off, I just added some black enamel dots.

Hope you've enjoyed my card today and I thank you for stopping in!
Just to remind you that if you'd like to enter my current Flashback Friday challenge, you still have another day to enter if you want to play along!  CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
(Total of FIVE challenges all together)

Sketch Saturday

ShowCASe Your Style - color combo

CASology:

Darnell's challenge:

Cardz 4 Guyz - Happy Birthday

38 comments:

Amelia said...

Fantastic card Vicki, I love those ink splats! Xx

Basement Stamper said...

Great color combination, love the black and how it makes these colors really stand out. Might have to try my hand at it :-)

Donna Heber said...

Wonderful card Vicki! Masculine cards can be so difficult sometimes. Have a great day!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous and the black really adds a wonderful striking touch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card

Joan said...

Very striking card with a bold colour combination and the splats background ( love them!) great masculine card

Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz this month

Joan

Joan said...

Me again, meant to say this week!

Niinu said...

Uuuu,I love this! It's so simple but still amazing!

Shelly said...

Perfect masculine card! Love it!

Sue said...

Such a fabulous card Vicki. Your design is so stylish and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Great masculine card! Love the splats on the top panel and that pretty paper!
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Vicki this is one fabulous inspirational card I always struggle with male themed cards so this is terrific it has given me one or two idea's, love the colours you have used.
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

just gorgeous I love the colours and gorgeous design. Well done on your prize love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!! I LOVE the bright colors and the fabulous ink spats, so cool!
Big hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Fabulous masculine birthday card Vicki! Love the color combo and the black just brings it all together brilliantly!

Patti J said...

Love this to pieces, Vicki!!! So vibrant and FUN! Thanks for sharing :)

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card.

Joyce said...

This is a perfect guy card. Love it. It's so bright and happy. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

sweet art designs said...

Nice CAS design. The splotches really added an uniqueness.
Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhh totally love this color combo! So fun and bold!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this fun card- the colors are great- perfect masculine card. Congrats on your win- you picked some fun crafting 'stuff'!

Martina said...

love your creation <3

feel free to stop by my blog and enter my giveaway :)

http://mcm-ina.blogspot.com

xo, Martina

aussie aNNie said...

Love the colour combo's, stunning creation and what a fab 'splat' xx..x
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

crafty-stamper said...

love the papers and great splats
Carol x

Céline said...

fab card Vicky, love the flats pearls
hugs
céline

Danielle Vincent said...

Awesome CAS card and brilliant color combo! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SS.

Jessi Fogan said...

The black is so perfect, everything really pops! Love the splotches and the great enamel dots!

Deepti said...

Love the clean look :) fabulous card !

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is great Vicki! The choice of papers, the bold colours and the graphic design! Perfect! Hazel x

Gemma said...

lovely bright colours here Vicki! Thanks for playing along this week at Sketch Saturday! Gem x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Happy New Year Vicki! Love your splats and your bubbles and your fab focal star! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. It's great to see you. Hugs, Lesley

Darnell J Knauss said...

You did a great job applying that color challenge to a wonderful masculine design, Vicki! I love the splotches and the star and even the small detail of the stitched line shows a fantastic attention to design detail! Thank you so much for playing in this week's joint CASology and NBUS Challenges! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Patricia St Martin said...

Missed this one. These colors are great together with your added touches. Love the card.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, love the bold colours and design, male cards are so hard to crack but this one is absolutely perfect and spot on :) Donna ♥ x

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful CAS masculine card, Vicki! I would love to play along at NBUS but since she limits the number of other challenges one can enter, it's nearly impossible for me to enter her challenges. (sniff) I have never been able to figure out why some challenges put such limits on players. All that does is punish people like me who plan all my challenges BEFORE I start making the card and who also like to enter lots of challenges. :-D

Helen said...

A really great masculine card - love your design.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Monika Reeck said...

clever used that color combo Vicki and love that splatter in white and nice star in two colors black and blue the DP behind area is so sweettt love your bday card my friend..hugs, Monika

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, the colors and papers on this are wonderful! High energy and so cheerful (kind of like you). Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...