"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Fishing For Love...

Hello friends!  It's the middle of the week already!
I think I am "in the mood for love" this week! :)  I always have fun making up special Valentine's Day cards or treats for my special Valentines.

Today I'm sharing a card I made using a FREEBIE image!
Check it out:
If you know me, then you know I am a "sucker" for penguins! :)
I think my fellow crafty blog friends "know me" as this FREEBIE digital set as well as the challenge linking to it was pointed out to me by someone!  Thanks NC!!  I promised that I would play along in the Deedee's Digital monthly Challenge.  Of course I used this ADORABLE digital set called "Ice Fishing" (For non-EU residents - EU residents available as well) and comes with several images pre-colored, digital papers, sentiments and the outline version of the images!  I didn't realize how many things you get with this digital set!!  You should check it out before the month is over! (It's only available for FREE during the month of January! - check out photo below of what's included in the set!)

And how adorable is this penguin pulling out a heart from his ice fishing hole!?! :)
I printed out the colored version and die cut it out with my LF stitched rectangle die cut.  I also printed out the sentiment and attached it right underneath the penguin panel.  I thought it would be cute to add some silver thread to mimic his fishing string!

I've also printed out the adorable heart background paper that came with the set and I die cut out a banner with it using my My Favorite Things Banner Dies.  The penguin panel is just popped up over the card base and heart banner with foam tape.

And of course here is a different angle of the card so that you can see the details that I've added to the pre-colored digital image.  Glossy accents on his beak and feet as well as the heart. (The heart looks weird in the photo, but it looks more smooth IRL.)  I've added some glitter to the water in the ice fishing hole and a decorative silver sticker in the corner.

Although this may look complicated, it was so easy to put together and fun!
Now to decide which of my Valentines gets this one! :)

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you'll come back again on Friday to check out a new Flashback Friday challenge!!  Until then, enjoy your week!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter my "Fishing Penguin" card for:

Deedee's Digis "Digi of the Month" challenge - For January

TIME OUT - Valentine's Day with the optional TWIST of hearts

Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes + Sentiment

31 comments:

Olga said...

Super cute and your coloring is amazing!!!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I am loving the glossy and glittery details on this fabulous valentine, Vicki!! Precious card and amazing design work!

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a very super card.
I love the fab design and that Penguins image is perfect.
My DH loves anything to do with Penguins, as he always uses Linux operating system on his computer, and there symbol is a Penguin.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, where to start! I am in love with your card design and that tangled fishing line you have playing peek-a-boo! This is dreamy!
We're fishing with the Boy Scouts this weekend, thankfully though, it will not be in the ice - LOL!
Blessings! ♥

jimlynn said...

Too cute with that bit of "fishing string"! That's usually where the string on my reel ends up too! LOL!
Love your card and Deedee's has such cute images too. The corner die looks fabulous! I've got a similar one and just never think to use it! Thanks for the idea on that!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super adorable! Love the added glitter!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super adorable! Love the added glitter!!

Shelly said...

Aww...this is too cute! Love the glossy accents and glitter you added!

Chrissy said...

Super cute Vicki and love the glossy details and glitter and silver thread..fabulous design.

luv CHRISSYxx

MaryH said...

Such an adorable digi...and love the extra details you've added to make this lil fella your own. The shimmer in the 'ice hole' really stands out, and love the fishtail heart banner. Ditto the silvery 'fishing line' under the image. Ka-Yute! TFS & becoming a new follower.

Patricia St Martin said...

I just love these Deedee sets. All of her sets are so cute and you did an amazing job with this one. Love your layout and the sparkles. Fabulous ideas and inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
rubber stamping is my game blog

Sarah said...

What a cute little guy Vicki!1 Love the layout and his little tartan hat is gorgeous!! xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous, lovely and cute, Vicky...me too love to make cards with penguins!
xxx Margreet

Céline said...

oh so cute, love the image and beautiful design
hugs
céline

Céline said...

oh so cute, love the image and beautiful design
hugs
céline

Lola said...

I've been wanting to try the string - it looks so lovely! And your watering hole is perfect!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this card Vicki such a delightful image, I love the wonderful design also the glossy heart and sparkly water it looks fantastic.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, your card just makes me smile! Absolutely and totally adorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the banner behind the image.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you came to play at Deedee's Digis! Loving the sparkle on the water in the fishing hole and the shine on the heart. Great Valentine card, my friend. :-D

Donna K said...

My, my this is just too stinkin' cute! Great heart theme along with the bits of silver...I really like that silver fiber you've added to the corner. Such a fun valentine card.

Becky said...

Can we get any more cute! This is adorable. Love the glitter in the water.

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiiiii cute Image...fab coloring..love all shades blue there...and what a sweet Valentine card..again Luv this..hugs..Monika

Deepti said...

The penguin is so cute, love the glossy accents on the card :)

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki, I love that sweet image!! Gorgeous sparkle and shine and fabulous silver corner too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is just adorable, Vicki. Super cute penguin, and I love all the glittery, glossy accents you've added. Gorgeous!
Caroline xxx

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous image and card love the glossy accents
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

This is such a super gorgeous image. You have made the sweetest card and love the goodies added.xxx
..xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image, Vicki, and I love how you added the GA to his feet, beak, and the heart!!!! This is sooo cute!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm a sucker for penguins too :) The glossy accents are such a great touch!

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool card. Super image and papers, and I love the extra accents you added. Fun card. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...