Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Flashback Favorites from ABCs & 123s

Hello friends!
Well I am happy to see that there are a few more players trickling in and joining along with the fun here!  Thank you so much for your support...this is a great "cause" for all of us, right?!!
Hopefully there will be more of you that continue to participate too and we can all get more crafters catching on and joining us in our plight! :)

I have really enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing all of the wonderful and creative ways that you are all using your stash!! (Especially the different variations of the ABCs & 123s!...loved it and so many more ideas now that I have to go back and get that pile of stash back out that I photographed for the challenge!! LOL!)  Kudos to you on using your old crafty stash!!  This has got to feel good as I know it does me every time I make another post knowing I have pulled out another item that's  STILL not sitting on a shelf!

Friendly reminder:  Please be sure you link back to my challenge or blog in your post and please tell me WHAT old crafty stash you have used in your post as well.  (CLICK HERE for complete list of rules for the challenges.)

Since I've had a few more players this time, I am totally thrilled with that by the way...so now I'll have to TRY and narrow down by way of a TOP THREE "Flashback Favorites" - cool!

So here are THREE picks for the "Flashback Favorites" (In no particular order):

Let's start with Nana Connie's lovely make:
Isn't this precious?!  I loved her personalized design with this using a number!  What a great idea!!
Here's Connie's comment about this stash item:
   "The "7" is from an old page of pre-cut pop-outs which came with a stack of scrapbooking paper.  I never use those pop-out things so these have been kicking around as much as 5 or 6 years!"
Way to go on using up your old stash!!


Here's Ka's clever design:
Now how cool is this?!  I just love the fun background she created with the clever play on the lettering here!!  What a FUN and creative way to use your alphabets!!
And she made not one, but TWO designs for this challenge...way to go!  You can click on her name above her card to check out the post!
Here's what she has to say about this challenge idea:
"The concept behind Flashback Friday is to encourage us to use those long forgotten stamps and supplies that got buried behind the new products. I love this idea because I have a few stamps and supplies that I bought years ago just sitting in their original packages that they came in. They made it as far as to their designated storage baskets or bins, but never on a project. So this challenge gave me the opportunity to take them out and put them to use. Yay for that!"
And Yay for YOU Ka on putting these long forgotten items to use finally!  (I concur completely!)


And here's another brilliant creation made by Jessi:
Wow!  What a gorgeous design!  I love her use of different types of paper and texture here!
Here's what she said about the old alphabet from her stash:
"The Thickers have been in my stash long enough that they are falling off the carrier sheet - pretty sure that qualifies them as ancient."
Good for you on getting them out to use on this design!!  It makes for a great love theme!


I'm so thrilled that my fellow crafty friends are pulling out their long lost and forgotten stamps, papers and embellishments!!  I hope you will keep joining along with me to continue this journey in using it up as much as possible!!

I would be honored if each of you would like to place this badge below on your blog for being featured here from the last challenge:

So please be sure to come back here tomorrow and join me for another challenge that will be sure to bring out more of your left and forgotten stash!! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


7 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Hi Vicki, loved seeing Jessi's card here among all this cuteness! Just wanted to say that you won the stamp set at my youtube channel and you only have a couple of days left to get back to me... Hugs Therese

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Thank you Vicki for choosing my card as one of your favorites! I'll definitely be grabbing this Flashback Friday badge! And I can't wait to get started on the flower challenge! :)

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Shelly said...

What sweet cards! Congrats to the top three!

Anneke said...

What a beautiful cards!
Hugs Anneke

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ahhh! That one with the thanks totally rocks my world! so cool!

Jessi Fogan said...

eeek! I can't believe I'm in the top three - that's a serious honour with the other ladies! Thank you Vicki :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...