"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Flashback Favorites & Review

Hello friends!
Just wanted to say thank you to those that have played along with me for
Flashback Friday this past week as well as those kind comments and encouragement about it! :) - not many entered with the InLinkz, but perhaps as we go along it may pick up a bit so we'll see...

I know that there seems to be a ton of interest in this challenge and from the feedback I've been getting, I know people are "saying" that they plan on playing, or want to play, or going to play or going to look for something to play... and of course there are some "silent" players enjoying the challenge as well.  (meaning they're not entering with InLinkz, but playing along at home.)  So perhaps we are on a path here?!  The only way to really let me know if you're interested in this is by entering!  I was basically posting these as something that I needed to do for myself, but if you are all interested in doing the same...then please join me by linking in!

I think perhaps a little bit of clarification is in order because I've had some people mentioning that they "would play....but...they don't have any stamps that would work."

Just because I happened to use a "snowflake stamp" does NOT mean that you can only play if you have a snowflake stamp!....  Do you have snowflake papers that you haven't used in over a year?  Do you have snowflake embellishments that you haven't used in over a year?  Do you have a digital snowflake stamp you haven't used in over a year?.....THIS COUNTS!!  My whole point with this was to get me to use not only my old stamps, but my papers, embellishments and even those old tools that have been shoved back in the rejects of a dark corner somewhere! LOL!!  When I moved into my new house, it was like I rediscovered all of my old crafty stash again and wanted to "renew" the love that I once had for them!  So ANY STASH OR STAMPS ARE WELCOME!!!
Just let me know in your post what it is that you've used!  Do you need to be "exact" on the year?  Heavens no!!  I can't remember everything I bought a year ago!! LOL!

PLEASE NOTE that the #2 rule says:
2.  Using your stamps and/or crafty stash (digital stamps, papers & embellishments included!) should be AT LEAST 1 year or older...the most neglected item in your stash is best! *wink*

So hopefully this will help clear some things up for people a bit and you'll be able to find some time to "dig through" your old crafty stash AND/OR stamps to join in too!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I'd like to review with you what a few crafty friends entered:
This gorgeous card was created by Julie.
It was so funny to read her story about a stamp she purchased "back in the day" and has never pulled it out to use until now!!  (She took a photo of  the stamp with the year on it in her post! LOL!)  She did a stunning job updating her old stamp with the beautiful blue background she created with the embossed snowflakes!  She even included a "Flashback" of her own projects with snowmen!  Way to go Julie!!  Thanks for playing! :)
--------------------------

And here's another card from the challenge:
This adorable tall card design was created by Amy.
Amy says: I put myself on a stamp buying freeze long ago because I have more stamps than I could ever use in a lifetime and most of them have never saw ink. 
I hear you on that one Amy!! LOL!!  And if the DCWV papers are older than 1 year, those count too!! So kudos for using up both items!!  She says her stamp is from a retired Stampin' Up! set.
So glad that you are getting a start real early on this year's Christmas cards too!
Can we all take a lesson here?! LOL!!  Thanks for playing!!

So for Julie and Amy, I would be honored if you'd like to take the badge below and display it on your blog to get the word out to others and encourage the use of old crafty stamps and stash! :)
Please be sure to link back here so they know where to go!
Thanks again for playing along and I hope you'll continue to keep using your old stash and stamps and help encourage your fellow crafty friends to do the same! :)

So if you'd like to join me for the NEXT "Flashback Friday" challenge, then be sure to stop back by here tomorrow (Friday) for another new challenge that will get you to go through your STASH!! :)
SEE YOU THEN!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


11 comments:

Chasing the Dream said...

Love flashback Thursday. Your creative jucing produce these gorgeous beauties to reflect upon. Well done.
Hugs
Berni

Becca Cruger said...

Sorry I didn't get the chance to play along, but I know I will in the future! You sure had some talented designs in your gallery though!

Sue said...

These cards from Amy and Julie are gorgeous, beautifully designed and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Julie B said...

Thanks Vicki, I shall display with pride!
I think it's such a good idea I will try and give it plenty of space on my next post. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That's what I get for being so behind, lol! I'll stalk your blog today so I can make sure to play along :)

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty

Deepti said...

These are gorgeous :) love the BG

Rhonda Miller said...

I love both the cards you chose to share. How fun.

Amy Johnson said...

Thanks Vicki! I will put the badge on my blog, and I plan on playing again. I have lots of alphabet stamps!

NanaConnie said...

Didn't get to play last week because I was off line with computer internet connection problems but I do love your snowflakes. :-D

Monika Reeck said...

Card from Julie really funtastic and love that water color behind it wooohooo and from Amy is so sweet too lovely idea using three times same image...great post Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...