"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, January 30, 2015

Flashback Friday - Addicted to Love

Hello friends and a happy Friday to ya!
Are you ready for the weekend?!  I'm ready to get my "craft on"!  I hope you are too!
Because today starts another...

Before we get to the challenge, please be sure to CLICK HERE to see who last week's "Flashback Favorites" were or you can scroll down to the post below.

So for this week I'm thinking it would be fun to do a theme of "fill in the blank"!  The theme is:
"I'm addicted to ______________!" 
with a LOVE theme
What crafty item do you seem to buy or "collect" the most of?  Do you have an addiction to decorative papers, die cuts, flowers, stamps, ribbon, charms, stickers, etc...?! Fill in that blank!!
Now you will need to USE what your addiction/collection is and create with it using a LOVE theme.  Any type of  "love" theme will do here.  Create Valentine's, love you, anniversary, something with hearts, etc. -
GET THE IDEA?!  USE YOUR ADDICTION WITH LOVE ON IT!
FUN FUN FUN!!!
---------------------------------------------------

So...of course, here is me filling in the blank.....
"I'm addicted to STAMPS!" - yeah, I know, surprise!
It is no secret that I tend to keep buying stamps and more stamps and more stamps!
I took a photo of my addiction:
Oh yes, I have stamps and this is just two shelves in my stamp closet.  There are also two more shelves below this one and I have to say that it is also full of stamps...along with a few other totes, baskets, etc.  So this is WHY I'm usually featuring stamps every Friday! :)

So I've pulled out a couple of stamps from my addicted stash that's been around a while:
The first stamp is what I would call a "heart sprinkle" by Great Impressions (I don't see it in their store any more.) and the DARLING little "Love Bug" stamp is from Whipper Snapper Designs.  (I had a fetish for these stamps for a while and built up a small collection of them! LOL!)

Here is the NEW card that I've created with these stamps:
I colored the bug with Copic markers and then added some glitter to his wings and took some glossy accents to his antennas, heart and nose.  I added a sentiment from a brand new stamp set and combined it with the "Love Bug" sentiment portion from my stamp. (CLICK HERE to see a video on how to line up your stamps & "omit stamping".)

I used the GI "Heart Sprinkle" stamp and embossed it next to the bug with Iridescent Ice EP to give it a bit of sparkle to make it look like it's coming from the bug! :)  He's conveying some heart magic towards his Valentine! LOL!  I pulled out an old border punch for the turquoise border and I even used my older heart sizzix thinlits die to pop out a couple of hearts on the layout.

I think this will be a good Valentine for my favorite "Love Bug"! :)

----
Here are some challenges I'd like to add this card to:

Retro Rubber - sketch   (Missed it! Darn it!)
(Love this challenge as they use old stamps too! Go check it out!) 

Shopping Our Stash (SOS186) - Love Themed (Using my stash! Yay!)

Stampin' Royalty - Love/Valentine's

Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

Aud Sentiments - Valentine/Love Sentiment

TIME OUT - Valentine's Day with optional twist of hearts


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the last Flashback challenge I didn't post any "Flashbacks" for you and I heard about it!
So of course even though I'm not a fan of some of my own past creations, I'll share and laugh about it right along with ya!! :)  Here are my "love themed" flashbacks:
I did find a card that I made circa 2011 using this same bug image! :)
I used to have this 'thing' where I loved adding liquid pearls to the scallops....I also made ALL of  my cards at least 5x5 in size!!


Here's another "love themed" card that I made circa 2009.  This is a digital image that is no longer available as this store has been closed for a while now.


Here's another "love themed" card that I found circa 2007.
I used a couple of fun techniques on this one:  cracked glass and polished stone.
I remember that I had given this card to hubby.  This is a retired SU! stamp set and I computer generated the sentiment.
---------------------------------------------------

So now off you go to pull out your own craft addiction and create a "love themed" project with it!
  I can't WAIT to see what YOUR addiction is!!
Enjoy your weekend!!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


38 comments:

Stef H said...

where have i been? i hadn't seen that you started a challenge. my bad! but i KNOW IT NOW and it's saved on my computer!

your picture is 1 reason i went to unmounted LOL. i'd have a whole room just on boxed - LOL.

your cards are gorgeous!

does PAPER PLAYFUL have you on their challenge list?

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Lisa S. said...

What a beautiful collection of cards Vicki! I love this idea for a challenge and hopefully I can get my act together and play along. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

awww that little monster guy is so cute!!!

Christine Traversa said...

Lovely cards!

Becky said...

Oh Vicki, I do love this image, it is adorable, as your card.

jimlynn said...

All of these are super! The little love bug is darling. Love all the blue too. Your past cards are so pretty. I've never made a 5 by 5 card in my life! LOL! Love all of these!
Lynn

sandie said...

This is a Friday fun and I hadn't seen it! Fun monster and love the hearts in the background and thanks for joining TIME OUT

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, I love these cards-that little love bug is adorable and I really like the look of the one with wings too.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh such a sweet bug you have used! I have a serious addiction to buying dies!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

I love this challenge! This would be the perfect challenge for me to combine my two addictions of STAMPS and PATTERNED PAPERS! You are awesome, Vicki!!!

I love your little blue bug! He is too cute!! I am totally digging the embossed hearts in iridescent ice in the background. Hope you'll have a fun weekend filled with crafty plans. I know I will with this new addiction challenge!

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty cards

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Vicki you have enough stamps to stock a shop, lol, I love your beautiful card the colours and that image are gorgeous, I also love your 'flashbacks' you are a very talented crafter.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Awwww your 'Love Bug' image is adorable and such a gorgeous card too. I loved seeing all your fabulous flashback cards too.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Shelly said...

So, how CUTE is your card?!!...Love your flashbacks, too!

Olga said...

Buy, buy, buy, we gotta have stamps! You cards and gorgeous!

~ginny said...

I'm pleased you shared this project with us at Aud Sentiments Vicki! What a delightful card! I love the color choices and the embossed hearts... soo cute!

~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#124 – Valentine/Love Sentiment]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Tammy said...

I love both of your bug cards, just too cute! The other cards are pretty great too!

Patricia St Martin said...

I cannot believe it is Friday... I was going to make a card and even wrote a note..... Your cards are adorable, love all of them. Valentines cards are not my favorite cards so I will skip this week and watch for what you have for next week. Have a great week end.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Jane Knudsen said...

The love bug is adorable! And your card is so fab! Thank you for playing along with us anyway! We appreciate you at Retro Rubber!

Julia Aston said...

These are all lovely Valentines Vicki - love that cute bug! Happy weekend!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

LOVE your lovebug cards and your stamp supply! lol. I too have "shelves" of wood stamps, bins of clear stamps, etc. I need to use them and purge them, but I can't bring myself to, lol.

aussie aNNie said...

Super cards Vicki and love the images/stamps, awesome colouring once again...xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Céline said...

fab cards Vicki, love them all
hugs
céline

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super adorable. Love your fab coloring!

Monika Reeck said...

That monster stamp is sooo cuttee in blue also in pink...and other Love card from you are Adorable...woow 2007 card from hubby is really manly with that heert wing stamp...even an old card it was already modern Vicki...love those cards on this post..hugs n happy Sunday

Donna said...

Wow Vicki, that is some collection of stamps and you Friday posts are a great idea to help work your way through them all! I love this adorable little monster, he's too cute and your CAS design is the perfect way to shown case him...fab card hun! :) Donna ♥ x

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh I am excited about this one!! And omg your card is so cute. I wonder if I can find some of my older cards to post when I decide what to use!! The love bug is just too darn adorable in any colour, and I love the other valentines too :)

Tammy said...

Awww your blue love bug card is sooo cute Vicki! I love the embossed hearts and the fabulous sparkly background!! Beautiful past creations too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That little bug is so cute. This is such a fun challenge and I think I have plenty in my "addicted to" stash to play along.

nwilliams6 said...

Adorable images and sentiment Vicki. I want that scattered heart image - it is so cool. Great coloring on the love bug - in your recent card and the old one too. Great old cards. I joined your challenge this week. Hugz

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I loved reading your post, Vicki!! You always make me smile.

I know all about your addiction to stamps, I think a lot of us do!

Your bug cards are too cute!! Love what you did with it in blue!! Beautiful coloring! Your other cards are beautiful too!! Fun post and challenge!! Thanks for sharing!!

hugs,
Chris

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- love that sweet image and love the embossed hearts too. I love the idea of flashback Friday and hope to join you- just won't be able to for the next few weeks anyway...... Love the flashback samples too- you are Blessed with much talent!

Davi said...

AWEsome collection of cards Vicki!! Each one is really beautiful! I love the you made the little love bug looks so sweet and romantic :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! I they are all so sweet and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I adore those stamps! and the blue color combo for a Valentine just tickles me. :-D Just got my entry linked up and I love your theme this week.

Patti J said...

Wowzers....you've been one busy gal! All of your cards are wonderful - thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

They are so pretty. Love the gold foil look and the doilies. They're all fabulous :-)

Paper Panda said...

So cute -love those little valentine's bugs! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mandy x (AS DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...