"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Flashback Friday - Easy as ABC's and 1-2-3's

Hello friends!
Welcome to finally Friday and another...

So did you see the last week's "Flashback Favorites" post and review?!
If you didn't, CLICK HERE to check it out or scroll down to the next post.
I hope that you are enjoying these posts and if you feel the need to join along, I'd love to see what you come up with for it by linking your creation below this post with the InLinkz!

Let's get started with THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:
I'm challenging you to dig through your old stash and come up with an UP-DATED project using your stash of:
A-B-C's and 1-2-3's
Remember you don't have to use "JUST STAMPS" from your stash, as you can see, I've pulled out some OLD items from my stash and found numbered papers, alphabet epoxy stickers, number embossing folder, alphabet sticker sheet, chipboard letters, alphabet brads, alphabet die cuts and of course stamps too! :)  I'm sure you have something like these items lurking around in your stash!

I've seen cute creations people have made over the years by taking alphabets or numbers from their stash and making a personalized card or project.  Of course they are perfect for scrapbooking, but I think that making a set of monogrammed cards or stationery as a gift is something special or for a wedding design.  How about those special milestone birthdays or anniversaries with the number on it? So many possibilities to have fun with, right?!

So here are my "up-dated" versions using the old alphabet stamps that you see in the photo above:
Something that I love to do is take some of my older stash and mix it up with something new.  This way it doesn't make it feel "out-dated" and you are using both your old and new stash! :)

I've taken the retired Stampin' Up! sets called "Alphahearts Letters & Numbers" (circa 2004 - really bad because I've only cut and mounted these particular stamps out!  The others have NOT been used at all!  WOW!) and used them for spelling out a special message and even turning them into "balloons" for this cute fellow to float away into the sky with! LOL!  I also took the heart image from the "Alphaheart Numbers" set and stamped it repeatedly on the Kraft card base for some interest in the background of my design.  All the other images I've used are newer (some never used) from Mama Elephant.  I took my Copic liner to make the balloon strings.
P.S.  I think using alphabets are perfect for Valentine's Day! :)


Here's another card I up-dated using another alphabet set photographed in the "stash" above:
Another more simple card I made using ONLY the alphabet stamps.  I've used a retired Stampin' Up! set again called "Short Order Alphabet".  Since these stamps were red rubber mounted on wooden blocks, I needed to use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the "hello".
If you want to learn more about "lining up" with this tool or how to "omit stamp", check out my video by CLICKING HERE.
I just randomly stamped other letters in a different colored ink for the background.  The black strip and rounded corners for interest was to finish it off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course looking at my photo showing the old stash of alphabets and numbers...I could have gone on and on, but there's only so many hours in a day, right?!  Another time perhaps! :)
And of course it wouldn't be a "Flashback Friday" without re-visiting some of my older creations:
I made this "double pocket slider" card (circa 2007?) with some alphabet stamps of all kinds of different styles and fonts.  I think the technique now is called "word graffiti"?  Who knew?! LOL!

This 'cute' little pop-up slider card was made during a Chicago Bears football game years back and I had made it for my hubby who is a fan.  I used an alphabet set to spell out "Da Bears" on the inside of the slider part.  LOL!  Oh the memories!!


Obviously, this card was made in 2012 for my son's graduation.  WOW!!  Has it been almost THREE years already since he graduated!!??? aggh!  Old stash, old memories...just OLD! LOL!
Anyway, I have taken my number die cuts to cut out the year with gold card stock and made a card to resemble a graduation cap using my son's school colors.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you've really been inspired here and if you want to dig through your old stash to see if you can come up with something using your alphabet and/or number stash, please join me!
I'd love to see what you come up with and what's lurking around in your room!!...stash that is! LOL!
Thanks for popping in today my friends!  Enjoy your weekend!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


35 comments:

Stef H said...

these are all great. i really like the hello (red letters) one.

hope you're enjoying this weather!

hugs :)

Deepti said...

These are so cool ! I am so fond of ur first card... bias towards ME stamps :D

Margreet said...

Love both the new and the old ones....don't think I have time to join you this week.....
xxx Margreet

Patti said...

Vicki these cards are outstanding!! I just love the little guy being carried away with balloons! : ) Sweet challenge. I doubt I can play along this time but I will be cheering you on!!

Have a great week.

Patti

Olga said...

all are gorgeous, the first one is so darn adorable!!!!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki seriously you are too much! These are fantastically amazing and such a fun post to see your new challenge blog! Awesome starrt to the new year ;)

Shelly said...

ACK! These are so CUTE!

Becky said...

What fabulous cards Vicki!

Becca Cruger said...

Hopefully I'll have time to go all Michael Jackson with you this week! :) (ABC, 123).
Love that bold red background you made. I always forget about how versatile letters and number stamps can be.

jimlynn said...

Great update using all those stamps! Love all your cards too...especially that first cutie! Great cards Vicki!
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Vicki this is a grand selection of both old and new, I love the 'updated' versions especially the letters, fantastic makes each and everyone.
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

great selection of cards and will definitely join in this week thanks for letting me know that is wasn't just stamps :)
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

great selection of cards and will definitely join in this week thanks for letting me know that is wasn't just stamps :)
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

great selection of cards and will definitely join in this week thanks for letting me know that is wasn't just stamps :)
Carol x

Tammy said...

Oh all of these are fabulous Vicki!! So creative with the alphabet/number stamps and I love that little guy on the first card!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Such patience and card you used for each and everyone on of your cards!! Fabulous collection, bright and beautiful!

Rhonda Miller said...

Another fun theme. I need to go through my stash and see what I have. I love your cards too. The hello is so fun.

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your video, great job and very cute card. I think your challenge is a great idea, my only problem is remembering. Using old stamps is not a problem for me and your card is adorable you created. I really would like to try but not real sure on any old 1-2-3 or a-b-c stamps I have. I will check.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Lisa S. said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Vicki. Love the concept of mixing old and new stuff! Thanks for the inspiration and hopefully I can join along.

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki you have given your numbers and alphas in your stash a wonderful new lease on life, with such gorgeous creations.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning. Love your colour tones, beautiful designs...xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

NanaConnie said...

Love those alphas, Vicki! I'm hoping to be able to do something for your challenge this afternoon. :-D

Céline said...

so cute, love them
hugs
céline

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a great idea to go through your old stash and re-vamp it.
Fab cards, old and new.
Caroline xxx

Beth said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki love what you are doing each Fri. fun to see now and before.
Hugs

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow another fabulous flashback. I use my stash most of the time, especially the old scrapbooking stuff that has been sitting for years. These beauties are amazing with awesome inspiration to gleam. Love the stitching.
Hugs
Berni

Monika Reeck said...

I love all your card
the one with little boy and balloons is soo soo cuutee love the scene and the cloud and the grass too
my fav one is the ABC 0ne
i must join your challenge Vicki
and this is the card with ABC is a clever way to use your ABC stamp...I will try to CASE ing hehe..love this and the celebrate 4 years is a sweet beautiful card the bears card oh so cuuteee is it an EASEL card..cute cute.. and the 2012 congratulations...I know that congrats stamp..it is Hero arts and I have it and I used it some more in my cards too
great post my friend and happy sunday

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are awesome!!! Love the little boy

nwilliams6 said...

I love your flashback posts Vicki. I think you need to start a challenge. I love how you make old stuff fresh and I love to see your older creations.

Time flies doesn't it? Seems like my daughters just graduated the other day but it has been 2 years for one and 7 for the other. Wow.

Hugz

nwilliams6 said...

Opps, I suggested you should start a challenge and didn't even read your comment about posting a card or remember you had started a challenge - shame on me. I am going to try and play today. Hugz

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous array of delightful cards, Vicki! Thanks for resharing these awesome designs!

Donna said...

Fabulous cards, both old and new!

Ellie said...

You are so creative Vicki! Fabulous idea how you used the heart alphabet! Your old cards are really fun too!

Cornelia W said...

That sounded like a fun challenge - too bad I did not come over here in time - have to check it out tomorrow!

Lola said...

Wonderful creations! So fun seeing your earlier work and how your style has changed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...