"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, January 23, 2015

Flashback Friday - GOT FLOWERS?!

Hello friends and a happy Friday to ya!
It's time again for another challenge...Yay!

If you've missed the post for the "Flashback Favorites" from the last challenge - CLICK HERE

So here we are in the middle of January with cold, snow and yuk!
What better time to start thinking about the pretty colors, sights and smells of flowers!!
Oh I can't WAIT to get out there with my flowers this Spring! :)

So of course my challenge for you THIS WEEK is none other than...
GOT FLOWERS?!
Yes, pull out those gorgeous stamps, papers and/or embellishments that are at least one year or older from your stash and create with them using this theme!
I can't wait to see all the pretty floral from your own stash stack!!  You KNOW you have some!

(If you need some review of the rules - CLICK HERE - or visit the "Flashback Friday Challenge" tab at the top of my blog.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here's what I have pulled out from MY stash for today....
This was a set called Simple Stems that I had purchased last year from Stampin' Up! that I believe was in last year's Occasion's catalog (as they call it?)  I have NEVER used it until today!
I was looking through my stamps and found it so odd that I didn't have any flowers because I really do love them.  I wanted them to be a bold set so I didn't have to color them in...found this one, loved it, bought it and then here we are!  I have NOT used this set until now!!  WOW, yes...I know you can probably believe that!
(And THIS is the reason behind the challenge my friends!)

Well I'm glad I bought it!  I absolutely LOVE it now!!
For my first card, I wanted to play along with a challenge that I believe is over now, but there's always another challenge to enter...right?! LOL!
I loved not only how simple this flower set was to use, but look at the results of the simple!
It's just stamps and ink!  I have taken a couple of the flower images from that set and stamped it all over the three layers at once and then layered the Gray colored card stock behind each panel.  I got this idea from The Friday Mash-Up! challenge where they even had a video on how to assemble it with measurements and all.  (CLICK HERE for video on it!) It's very simple to do and I thought fun!  I am too late to enter this, but loved the challenge idea!

The greeting I used is from an older Stampendous set that I had.  The flowers looked so "comforting" to me and I thought this would be a great card to cheer someone up!
A Gray colored button with white twine added to the top of my white ribbon bow...that is all.

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this above card for:
The Paper Players - sentiment focal point

Loves Rubber Stamps - Letter "B" (Button, Bows, Blooms, Blue, Big hug)
Fab 'N' Funky - Button It
Moving Along with the Times - Button It!


So I wasn't finished playing around with this fun flower set just yet....
LOL!!  OK, this is just me having some fun!! :)
I took one of the flower images from the set because I thought it looked like one of those "fuzzies" and if you're as old as me, then you know what I'm talking about!!
The colors here were pretty much just random with me stamping them out in colors that I remember how they looked.  I added some wiggle eyes and I even had some old pom-pom trim that I glued along the outside border of this panel!  (A bonus for me using up another old item! Yay!)
I used this fun dotted embossing folder (from SU!) and die cut an orange banner and added THE PERFECT sentiment to this that I found in one of my The Alley Way stamp sets!
I just finished it off with an enamel orange heart next to it.

Now if these don't warm someone up...I don't know what will!!!

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter the "fuzzie" card for:
Cute Card Thursday - Colorful!
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Send a Smile 4 Kids - anything goes
--------------------------------------------------

So I hope you've enjoyed my CURRENT take on flowers and got a bit of a chuckle!

So go pull out YOUR flower stash and have some fun play time with them!
I look forward to seeing your makes!
Thanks so much for checking things out today and have a fabulously floral weekend! ;)
(Make sure you use the InLinkz below to enter by the deadline!)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


41 comments:

Stef H said...

fuzzies are super super cute, but i LOVE those flowers! what a great color combo too.

hope you're enjoying this mild weather... even if there is snow on the grass (but not for long, i'm sure).

have a great weekend.

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love these cards! The little monsters are so cute! Such a neat and creative way to look at your stamps! Awesome creations!
<3 Emily L.

Desire Fourie said...

Delightful creations Vicki. Just adore the layering on the first and the cuteness of the second.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

jimlynn said...

I keep saying I'm going to play along in your challenge - and then something always comes up and don't do it! I WILL try this week though!
Love both of these cards. The first one is so pretty and love the fun colors and design. The second one.....what can I say!! Priceless and very creative!! Love the way you turned those flowers into little monsters.
Lynn

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki..love the fuzzies,too cute and the stamped flowers look gorgeous and I love the sentiment..

luv CHRISSYxx

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful

Becca Cruger said...

Oooo! I definitely have some old flower stamp sets. I'll have to play along! Teehee - the fuzzies had me grinning. Love how you used that flower stamp in such an unconventional way.

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh these are two fantastic cards Vicki I love the elegance of the first one and how creative to make some 'funzzies' from flowers, awesome, superb makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Fabulous cards Vicki. Your floral card is so beautiful, the colours are gorgeous and your 'fuzzies' card is so much fun - it really cheered me up!
hugs Sue xx

Shelly said...

Wonderful cards! Your first one is beautiful and your second is super duper fun! Love!

Deepti said...

These are awesome and using the flower stamp for the little monsters is simply genius :)

Tammy said...

Love the pretty flowers and the colors you picked are perfect! Can't help but laugh at TAWS card, so bright and cheerful!

Monika Reeck said...

The first card so beautiful with that flower stamp Vicki and me Monika the one and only of your friend who has only 4 set of flower stamp LOL...the monster card tooo cuutteee and where is the flashback card from you with flower stamp..love your post..hugs.Monika

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. I know I have some flower stamps that could use a little love. I'll have to pull them out over the weekend.

LeAnne said...

This is a great challenge....I might have to jump in on this one, as I have several "older" floral stamps, LOL! Love the little monsters too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Tammy said...

WOW fabulous cards Vicki!! I love all of the stamping on your first card and what a beautiful design! Your second card is soooo cute, I love the pom-poms and the googly eyes! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both of your cards are amazing. The stamping of the flower card is an inspiration, but I have to say that the warm fuzzies stole my heart -- so creative and fun!

debby4000 said...

Love both cards but the fuzzies are such a fun card and clever too.
luv
Debby

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki these are two awesome cards, both are gorgeous but love the fuzzies.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


NanaConnie said...

I love the triple stamped card with the lovely flowers, but the Fuzzies stole my heart away, Vicki! What a creative idea. :-D
Thanks for honoring my card as one of the Top 3 for last week. :-D

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards! The second one is so creative!

Céline said...

so fab cards, as usual
hugs
céline

CaroleAnn said...

Loved the flower card - design, color combo but once I scrolled down and saw the colorful fuzzies - I was laughing out loud!!! Love your creative spark!!! Hugs

~ginny said...

Thanks for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Vickie! Bright, cheerful and unique! Nicely done!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#123 - ATG ]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Ginger said...

I remember getting these for prizes selling magazines! I love it! What an excellent job! I will be following your creations, and playing in your challenges!

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki I love the images and the fab colours
Hugs Linda

Shanna Shands said...

Both are fabulous. I like both cards. Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are both brilliant, I adore the Warm Fuzzies they are just too cute. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos) x

Becky said...

Both of these are wonderful Vicki. But I do love-love the fuzzies.. This card is adorable. Put a smile on my face-see-:)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Okay now I wished I had gotten this set, just so I could make fuzzies with crazy eyes. Love this! Love them both. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh wow! I'm a sucker for flower stamps and this one is gorgeous!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful triple stamping and fabulous warm fuzzies!! These designs are sensational, Vicki!

Amy Johnson said...

Love both cards! The first card is so creative. I've never made a card like that before. And the second card is so cute…what a great idea. Yes, I remember those!

Jessi Fogan said...

OK, the first card is lovely...but the fuzzies? OMG AWESOME FABULOUS FUN!!! I'm sure I can dig out some flower stash for this one :)

Paper Panda said...

Fab cards, love the fuzzies! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments!
Mandy x (AS DT)

Helen said...

Love that first card - that technique works perfectly with your stamps.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Donna said...

Awesome cards Vicki!

nwilliams6 said...

WHat a great flower set and your colors are sooooo great! That little fun playful card is super too. You are sooo talented using your old stamps in creative ways. So smart. Hugz

Cornelia W said...

Hi Vicki - made it to your challenge this time! Great cards - love those cute little monsters :)

Asha said...

Drats! Missed this challenge. Love both the cards. The second one takes me back to a time when Sesame Street was my favourite, must-not-miss show on telly. Talk about flashback! LOL.
hugs, Asha

Lola said...

OMG aren't you just a genius! Of course the first is what I would expect - an elegant flower card. But the little fuzzies are just out of the box and brilliant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...