"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Flashback Friday - A Look Back at 2014

Hello friends!
Here to share a Flashback Friday Post today, but in a totally different way! :)
I won't be posting anything new here today, this is strictly all about my top five favorite cards I posted from this past year.  It was REAL hard to choose just five and luckily there were some months that I completely skipped over as I moved and didn't post anything for a few months!!

Our blog friend, Debby does this every year and every year I seem to either forget to post or don't find the time to do this, but this year...I'm playing along! :)

And I'm doing exactly what this badge says...I'm posting MY favorite creations of the 2014 year.
 I picked out what I thought was "worthy" of having a TOP FIVE spot:

(these are in no particular order or date)
This was during the time that I was taking the Online Card Class for Copic Coloring.  I really enjoyed taking that class as I learned different ways to color that I hadn't tried before.  This was one of my first "experiments" with it. (posted 9-24 - click here for post)


This was a fun card that I also created during a CAS Online Card Class!  I loved the bright colors and the faux effect it created with the stamping!  This card was posted on my son's birthday and I gave this card to him. LOL!  (posted 3-14 - click here for post)


As you may have noticed, I REALLY love playing with my TAWS (The Alley Way Stamps) and thought it was an honor to win a guest design spot for the BE Inspired challenges. (There will be no more BE Inspired challenges, but they're saying that something else is coming...so...)  This was one of the creations that I came up with using the inspiration board provided. (posted 10-10 - click here for post.)


Here is another creation using my TAWS stamps with a one layer card!
I don't make too many one layer cards as I seem to struggle with those sometimes and it's something that I need to "find myself" with.  Hoping to do that this year! :)
This was a bit early in the year, but I loved this set when it came out!  (posted 1-3 - click here for post.)


And another LOVE of mine is those darn Lawn Fawn stamps!! LOL!  I totally fell hard for these stamps once I started using what I had...and not just the stamps, but the dies and the twine too!
I love how this pair of cute deer running through the sparkly snow turned out!  The trees in the background with the gold embossed sentiment made it all come together so nice.
I'm sure you'll be seeing more LF this year as well! :)  (posted 9-17 - click here for post.)
----------------------------------------------

And what's weird about this picking is that I mostly picked one-layer cards and I just said that this is what I struggle the most with! LOL!!  So hopefully I will continue to learn as I go!
This has been a fun learning process and a look back!  Now to look forward to many more creations for this NEW year!

...And speaking of which...be sure to join me here NEXT Friday as I will be challenging YOU right along with me to take your old and neglected stamps and stash and make them 'new' again!  Yes...I said challenge...so come back Friday to see it!
Can't wait to see you there!!

Hope you've enjoyed this!
Thanks for checking in with me today!!  Have a lovely weekend friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


35 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh love the frolicking deer!! So adorable and also the star one-- super creative. You make such stunning cards!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Julie B said...

Great cards Vicki, looking forward to crafting with you this year. :)

Becky said...

What fabulous cards Vicki! Each one unique and creative..

Margreet said...

Gorgeous choice Vicki...love them all!
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

Lawn Fawn?! I blame you for my fixation with those darn stamps! LOL I have 6 in my shopping cart waiting for that final click... but I keep going back to see if I missed anything. You know what I'm sayin'! Awesome selection of cards and I look forward to more this year! HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear friend!
hugs, Asha

Pat (mspfd) said...

Each and every card is fantastic and deserves a top 5 spot!

Chasing the Dream said...

Oh wow, beautiful beauties from 2014. Looking forward to seeing more of your talented work in 2015.
Hugs

Chrissy said...

Fabulous selection Vicki..I love the creative paint brush card and those prancing deer are so adorable.
Wishing you a very Happy and Healthy 2015..

luv CHRISSYxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh most definetly, I love all of them.

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous selection, each one so beautifully designed.
hugs Sue xx

jimlynn said...

I loved them all year - and get to love them again! Great selection of cards Vicki!
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

Your creations are so beautiful and you are one of the nicest people on the web. I really appreciate the time you take to comment. Meeting you has been so fun! Here's to 2015!

Anneke said...

dear Vicky
these cards were stunning as always and all so different .
you know i am a big fan of you.
happy new year and hugs from anneke

Patti J said...

These all make me happy! The first four are so vibrant...I think you make such pretty, colorful creations! The deer are simply adorable! Can't wait to see your faves next year!

Rhonda Miller said...

I think you made some very good choices. I love these and some I don't remember seeing.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant display Vicki, Gorgeous creations, LOVE the beautiful and bright cards.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Céline said...

really great choice
hugs
céline

Shelly said...

Such fun cards, Vicki! Awesome picks!

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant selection and love the last but one-congrats on your new DT post and will be back to join you on Friday-well if you post will be back before then lol
carol x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! Love your work and these are just awesome! Happy New Year!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love all of them. But I love what you do with you amazing cards.
Pat/♥

Monika Reeck said...

I knew the card number 1, 3, 4 and 5 but number 2 I have never seen I must be pass that post ooh bad me hehehe

Vicki may I say your one layer card is amazing you must try this year okay... and that deer card I have seen it was a winner on some challenges...yeah I love this post..and I did not managed to make a post like yours...my son was turn 8 yesterday I was a busy mom make muffing cake card for him and go to mall look for his LEGO bday present..

Happy Sunday Vicki..
hugs, Monika

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is a stunning series of creations, a true showcase of your wonderful creative talent. Its hard to pick a favourite. Thank you so much for sharing them with your bloggy friends. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

CaroleAnn said...

Every card a work of art! Love the look back time to view our cards. Never had time this year! Looking forward to all your wonderful inspirational cards for 2015!!!

NanaConnie said...

Delightful choices, my friend! Love the bright colors in most of them and the monochromatic deer are simply delightful. They'd look rather odd done in bright rainbow colors, anyway. :-D I'm back from my holiday travels and am trying to get caught up on all the blogs I love to visit. I simply don't have time to comment on every post you've done while I was gone but I have seen all iof them. Happy New Year, Vicki!

Tammy said...

WOW what a fabulous selection of cards Vicki!! All so cute and colorful! Happy New Year my friend!!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Happy new Year Vicki these are so lovely and I look forward to your fab 2015 creations love and hugs Carole x

nwilliams6 said...

Looking at these I can see your total love of bright and cheerful colors. Sweet cards. Hugz

Regina said...

all cards are fabulous!

big hugs - Regina

Kristen H said...

I love those Halloween embossed eyes! The color in many colors is really amazing. Your cards are all so wonderful, I couldn't pick 5 favorites. These are all wonderful.

Deepti said...

Your flash back is so colorful and amazing, what a lovely collection !

Taunya Butler said...

Wonderful cards - each one is a marvel!! I can't pick a favorite because they are all my favorite!!! Thanks for sharing them and linking up so I could find you!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful selection of cards- love the coloring- and the fun Halloween card- that is fab, and gotta love the frolicking deer! Looking forward to lots more inspiration from you in 2015!

Beth said...

Love your choices GF of your favorite cards I might have to enter this challenge tomorrow I think my favorite is the frolicking deer also.
Hugs

Jessi Fogan said...

These are some fabulous choices! I find too that my favourites of my own tend to be ones I found challenging for some reason or another when I was creating them - that sense of triumph sticks around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...