"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, January 26, 2015

Hello Baby!

Hello friends and a happy Monday!
It is snowing pretty good out there today.  I wish all of my friends on the East Coast to stay safe and warm during what is being forecast a heavy snow storm for them this afternoon.

I have been pretty busy "behind the scenes" here working on several different things I have going on at the moment.  I will share with you in soon enough time, but for today I have a very simple, but really fun card to share:
I really LOVE playing with my TAWS stamps and I wanted to be sure to have a chance at playing around with some of the new sets that I bought!
So for my card, I've embossed the Line Upon Line stamp with clear embossing powder on the banner and then took my distress inks to blend the colors together.  The embossed image resists the ink.
I then took this adorable teddy bear image from the Got It Covered stamp set, colored him with my Copic markers and die cut him out with My Favorite Things stitched circle dies. I used some foam tape to pop it up over the banner and base of the card.
I added a sentiment from the TAWS More Than Words stamp set to finish it off for my baby card.

Hope you like my share today and I'll be back again with you tomorrow for a fun new challenge with a very special card that I made.
Thanks for stopping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

Less is More - sketch time


The Friday Mash-Up - Create a card with "baby theme", or use the colors:  "Brown, Aqua & Tangerine" or "both" - (I did both!)


Top Tip Tuesday - Something 'New' (new baby & new stash)

Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with a Twist:  baby card

Crafty Catz - "Oh My Teddies!" - use a teddy bear

The Alley Way Stamps:

28 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh Vicki, this is fabulous! Love the non-traditional colours & your ink blending is just top notch!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous CAS card Vicki, love the stripes down the side in different colours and that is one cute teddy, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Becca Cruger said...

So cute and sweet! Love that stripey banner. Can't wait to see what's been going on behind-the-scenes!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic way to do that banner Vicki! A cute, cute card. Great coloring on that image too.
Lynn

Chasing the Dream said...

He is so cute and precious. Sweet CAS composition and palette
Hugs

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card

Shelly said...

OOooh, so cute! That little bear is simply, adorable!

Tammy said...

Oh wow Vicki, I love you the banner turned out such an excellent background for the adorable bear! I agree wholeheartedly about TAWS! Wonderful card!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute bear and distressed inks banner a great CAS baby card
Carol x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the colours and adorable bear.
hugs Sue xx

Deepti said...

This is so cute! Love the gradient in inking :)

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. The bear is so cute.

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, just adorable and little cutie Bear. Love hope you strips go, looks pretty neat.
Hugs, Pat/♥

nwilliams6 said...

Soooo precious! I love the little bear and that perfect sentiment. Sweet. Hugz

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Aww, Vicki, this is a really sweet and adorable baby card! Love how you used the colors too. :) Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

Anne said...

Love the way you created your banner, fab idea Vicki!
Thank so much for joining in at Less is More this week
Anne
Less is More

Brenda said...

Vicki, this is such a sweet CAS card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Top Tip Tuesday!

LeAnne said...

Adorable!

Davi said...

Amazing CAS Vicki!! I love the strip with the sweet bear :)

Amy Kunkle said...

OMG I love what you did on the banner, and what a fun chevron-esque stamp. TFS at the Friday Mashup!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous...fabulous...great...cute...adorable...love it!
xxx Margreet

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fabulous card and I'm so intrigued by that glorious back ground fishtail. It's exquisite.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki, adorable little bear and WOW to the colours on the banner...they're be-utiful! :) Donna ♥ x

Asha said...

What a sweey baby card. Awesome inking blending skills, my friend! Is there a video on how you made that inky banner?!
hugs, Asha

Monika Reeck said...

I really love your emboss resist banner so great blending..must learn from you Vicki..cute baby card you made ..luv this..hugs..Monika

Chrissie said...

This is a real sweetie Vivki!
I love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

wendi said...

What a great card, love the chevron banner you made and the teddy bear is so huggable!

Kat W said...

A gorgeous combo of chevron banner and cute image - fab CAS design :-)

Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday challenge!

Hugs, Kat x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...