"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sketch It at Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello crafty friends!
We are ready to start another brand new challenge at
Tuesday Throwdown
This time there is a fun sketch to play along with that I put together myself!
I thought this would be a good one for those that like to keep it simple as well as those that like to add layers and embellishments.  So I hope that you will come join the fun with us and have a try at this sketch!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here's the card that I made for it:
All the images I have used on this, including the sentiment, all come from our challenge sponsor which is The Cutting Cafe.  I have had these files for a few years and thought this was a great time to pull them out again for a play!  I've used the Got Coffee? and the Coffee Beans Background digital stamp sets to create my card.  Be sure to play along with us as there will be a fabulous prize given away from our sponsor!  There are so many cool files including shaped cards and 3-D items!

I printed out all the images from my computer and cut out a circle around the 'his & hers' coffee mugs image and layered it onto a brown circle panel.  I cut a banner from the printed out sentiment and added some natural twine to the end and attached it along the edge of my card front.  The coffee beans background was just printed out and cut to fit the size of my A2 card front panel.  I sponged the edges with some brown ink and added some red die cut hearts to the bottom and covered them with glossy accents.  The coffee mugs and hearts were colored with Copic markers and I used some stickles to add glitter to the floating hearts and a drop of liquid pearls I added to the middle of the flower on the 'hers' coffee mug.  That circle panel was also sponged around the edges.
I thought this would be a good card to make for my hubby for Valentine's Day as we enjoy our "coffee morning time" together. :)

To see even more creative possibilities with this sketch, be sure to hop on over to the challenge blog and see all of the wonderful inspiration the rest of my design team friends have come up with!
Thanks so much for dropping in today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Little Red Wagon - Sparkle & Shine
4 Crafty Chicks (4CC228) - Anniversary
Sister Act - anything goes
Creative Corner - Love is in the Air
Creative Fingers - anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes

36 comments:

Becky said...

What a fabulous fun card Vicki! Love the coffee bean background and the his & hers cups.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the image, fabulous paper and such a great sentiment too.
hugs Sue xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your coffee themed card, Vicki!! Your coffee paper and your layout are beautiful!! Such a fun sentiment!!
hugs,
Chris

aussie aNNie said...

Love your card Vicki and adore your colours.xx

Jacqueline said...

I love your card! The sketch is nice and fun to work with. Thanks!
I love the sponged edges and the colours you user.
Hugs, Jacqueline

Tracey said...

Hi Vicki {waving}, I hope you're okay & had a wonderful Christmas :o)
I love this card, especially the shiny hearts.
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Beth said...

Good Morning Vicki, love your sketch GF would be very easy to use and follow and the way you used it adorable fun fun fun card.
Hugs!

Heather said...

So cute and perfect for a morning coffee together. Thanks for joining us this week for our Sparkle and Shine challenge at Little Red Wagon.

jimlynn said...

How cute is this!!! Love all the coffee beans in the background and that's really a cute image too. I don't drink coffee at all - but love your card!
Lynn

Pollard Carole said...

Great design and your card is lovely a great sentiment love and hugs Carole x

MiamiKel said...

What a fun theme and super cute card! I love that the richness of the papers match the theme! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This makes for a great masculine Valentine's card. Love everything about this fun card!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is fabulous I love not only the image but the papers and that lovely sentiment a really smashing make.
hugs
lorraine x

Shelly said...

Oh, too cute! Love the mugs and little hearts!

Donna said...

Fabulous card, he will love it. That morning coffee time together is a special time! Great saying, and like the background, actually like everything about it, awesome card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card and great image! The bean background is perfect!

Patricia St Martin said...

Really neat coffee theme. Great paper and the image is so cute. Sentiment is nice and the hearts are a nice touch.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Leanne said...

Awesome paper love the image and the hearts that is a nice touch. Very cool sentiment. Thanks for playing our Anniversary Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT@4CC

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Sue said...

Vicki, your coffee themed card is such fun. And that sentiment is perfect!
Love that background paper too.

Hugs
Sue

Chasing the Dream said...

Lovin those coffee beans, so fun and fab image. The dp brings out the design of the sketch. Nicely done
Hugaa
Berni

Kim said...

This is such a fun card. I love the sentiment and those sparkly hearts are beautiful.

Kim-TTDT

Patti J said...

Love it! Cute as can be - your work always makes me smile! I think your style is "happy'!!! Hugs...

Erin Bently said...

Hi, A lovely project, Thank you for joining us this week. Crafting From The Heart Good luck. We would love to see you again next week.
Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner xx

Céline said...

oh Vicky, fun card, love it
hugs
céline

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

eeekkk!!! Totally in love with the hearts and the background! Fabulous card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- I have so many coffee loving friends- the hearts between the cups and in the corner are so sweet, and your DP is spot on-perfect! Love your coloring.

crafty-stamper said...

Great sentiment and love the coffee bean B.paper
Carol x

Jessi Fogan said...

Those are always the best sketches, the ones that leave lots of room for individuality! I love the coffee theme (you've got my mind perking! lol!)

Deepti said...

This is so fun, love those adorable hearts !

NanaConnie said...

Love your take on that sketch, Vicki! I must get something done for it. :-D

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Vicki! Thanks for stopping by. You are so thoughtful. Love your work. It is so inspiring.
Huggies!!!!

DOBROSŁAWA said...

It's a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner blog.
Dobrosława DT

Monika Reeck said...

Perfect card Vicki
i love that Love with that glossy on it
I love the DP or is it you stamped fit together with the image and i love theb add of the bow on the sentiment
Adorable card Vicki
I feel not good cough much but i just want to catch up your cards Vicki and this is the first one now hop to the next post hehe :)
hugs, Monika

nwilliams6 said...

This is so sweet! I love how romantic it is and the papers and colors are so perfect! Fun card my friend. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...