"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thanks a Million!

Hello friends!
Are you staying warm?  If you are in a more mild climate right now, I would gladly send some of this really cold over your way!  We are going to hit negative temps for a high today! Brr!

So today I thought I would share a fun and simple card for you using some of my fave products from Whimsy Stamps!  They have a ShowCASe Your Style challenge getting ready to end soon, so I wanted to be sure that I got to play along.
For this card I've used all Whimsy Stamps dies and stamps.
I cut out the Thanks Word Die with some gold metallic card stock and used the same gold card stock for the punched out tab along the side of the panel.

I stamped all of the images with the Thanks a Million set and used the coordinating die set to cut out the large diamond image popped up with foam tape at the bottom of the card.  The "starburst" images were stamped with gray colored ink and I added some glitter in the center of each one to give it a bit of sparkle.  The large diamond image has some color for shadowing and I covered it with my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen.  The stitched edges on each side of the card were made using the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Die Trio set.

For the main "thanks" panel I layered it with more black card stock and then used my corner chomper to round the two edges on both the white and black panels.  I also used the stitch border die again on that panel to match the sides of the card.  I then finished it off with some gold sequins.
I used the black, gold and white because I thought it made it look "rich" to go with the theme. :)

If you enjoy CAS style crafting, then be sure to check out these fun to play with stamps and dies over at Whimsy Stamps!  Be sure to use them over at their ShowCASe Your Style challenge to up your chance at winning a gift certificate to their store!

Thanks so much for stopping in with me today!
Hope you've enjoyed my card and I'll see again on Friday!! :)


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

I want to enter this card for the following challenges:

showCASe your style - die cut (I've used 3 from Whimsy Stamps)





Less is More - Black, Metallic + one


Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C267) - clean & simple

41 comments:

Alanna said...

Fabulous card Vicki. I love the touches of gold and black.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the texture on your golden thanks
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the mix of gold and silver on this elegant design, Vicki! Wonderful card!

Olga said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Vicki! And I wish we were warm...it was in the upper 70's yesterday and now we're in the upper 50's! The next few days is gonna really drop for us...highs only in the low 50's! LOL That's really cold for us! ;)

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card

jimlynn said...

That gold just jumps off the page! So beautiful and I love that sketch you used too. Very elegant card.
Lynn

Becky said...

wow, this is striking! Love the use of the gold..

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sensational card, Vicki! Your design and detailing rock it!

Margreet said...

'Brilliant' card Vicki...great that you have become a Melonheadz follower!
xxx Margreet

SemSee said...

This is AWESOME Vicki!! Love it! xx

Carole Dion said...

Very clean and classy look, Beautiful!!

Becca Cruger said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki! Loving all that glimmery shimmery gold!

Sue said...

I love this Vicki, such a stylish design and the colours are wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE your case card Vicki, the gold pops and that tab is perfect!

Tammy said...

Thanks Vicki but we don't need more cold, -20 for us tonight! Your card is stunning and very elegant! Love the gold!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this. That gold cs is so fun and I'm loving all the sparkle.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow! Stunning CAS and totally gorgeous Vicki. Thanks for sharing.
Sarah
Less is more

Chrissie said...

This is stunning Vicki!
Great design!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, this is so elegant! Love the gold and the pretty sparkles and that diamond is perfect. Hugz

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Gorgeous! Love all of the shiny gold!!!

Chasing the Dream said...

Just love this Gold beauty. So exquisite and regal.
Hugs
Berni

Davi said...

Very pretty Vicki!! I love hhe touches of gold and the cut out thanks really looks fabulous!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful classy CAS card, lovely dies used too along with those gorgeous colour combo.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant CAS style card Vicki you always excel in doing this type of make, I tend to struggle as I always want to add more to the design, lol, I really like the colours and the card design, classy make. Vicki I just have to give you thanks for your comment on my blog it puts things into perspective for me, I appreciate it so much.
hugs
lorraine x

Viv's Visuals said...

Stunning card - and what girl doesn't like a diamond? LOL

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Vicki. Loving the touches of gold, very classy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

NanaConnie said...

This is stunning in its simplicity, Vicki! Love that rich black, white, and gold combo and the "Thanks" sentiment is fantqastic.

kbrandy4 said...

Hi Vicki, i thought you had disappeared from blogland only to find you here. I am now following you again, beautiful card too!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Céline said...

really stunning
hugs
céline

Donna said...

Vicki this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Monika Reeck said...

I love gold thanks Vicki ooh if I have this cut out..its so adorable with that color and lovely add of that diamond..gorgeous and elegant Card Vicki..hugs..Monika

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, what a gorgeous CAS card!! I love the touches of gold and the added sequins! So beautiful!
Big hugs, Tammy

SonjaK said...

Love your card, Vicky! The color combination is literally brilliant, and I love how you incorporated just a slight bit of structure with the golden cardstock and the stitched border die.

Deepti said...

Oh wow! this is gorgeous :)

crafty-stamper said...

You make such beautiful CAS cards love the simple layout and great sentiment
Carol x

CaroleAnn said...

I love the gold and black combo you used - makes one feel like "a million"!! Great design! Hugs

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant I love this design and sentiment its a perfect card Love and hugs Carole x

Asha said...

Gold and black - that combo just screams sophistication. Great card, my friend. Wishing you a million blessings in 2015.
hugs, Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

It is really cold here about 6 above. Amazing card really classy.
Hugs Pat/♥

Daen'Ys said...

Hello Vicki, I finally found a moment to answer your nice comment, that you left me already a month ago! I'm really sorry for the long wait, but sometimes it's like that, time is running, and I run behind! :(
Your card is gorgeous, a real gem! I love this big golden writing! It gives her a really precious look!!
Rosi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...