"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Addicted to Stamps & More - Photo Inspired!

Hello friends!
I hope you are having a great week so far!
I have another brand new challenge to share with you over at
Addicted to Stamps & More!
We have this really cute and fun inspirational photo for you to play along with:
It's such a perfect theme for making more "love themed" cards, right?!
Here's what I made with the inspiration:
I was thinking this patterned paper was the perfect thing to use for the inspirational start to my card!  I also have used this ADORABLE image kindly provided by our sponsor this week which is Bugaboo!  If you're not familiar with them, they have the most ADORABLE digital stamps!  The one that I have used on my card is called Edward Valentine.  Love it!  Be sure to play along with us this week for a chance to win a great prize from them!

I've used my Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle dies to cut out my patterned paper (by Basic Gray) and then layered that with another stitched die cut piece with white card stock.  I then popped that up with foam tape over my white card base.  I also took the "Sweet" word die from Whimsy Stamps and cut it out with chocolate colored card stock.  I covered it with some glossy accents.  I also covered the elephant's heart with it too.

Here's a closer look at the details:
I've also cut out a heart using my heart dies with sliver metallic card stock and I've popped up the cute image that I've colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out.  I've used a white gel pen and some silver Stickles glitter glue over the hearts the bird is holding.

As I was looking at this, I was thinking that this would also make a great "thank-you" type of card too!  This is what's fun about an inspirational photo, you are able to "interpret" how you'd like.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!!
Be sure to stop by the challenge blog to check out what my lovely teamies have created!!
Thanks for stopping by today friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
1.  Creative Knockouts - Animal Antics
2.  4 Crafty Chicks - anything goes/crazy egg
3.  The Paper Players - "Critter-Tine"


47 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

aww so cute card

jimlynn said...

So cute and I love the sweet image! Great dimension on the sentiment on this with the glossy accents added! Love it!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Wonderful valentine! Love how the glossy accents brings out the heart and the sentiment. Absolutely terrific card!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow!!! I love the pretty texty paper you've used for the background. Such an adorable little elephant too (great colouring). Love it! xx

Donna said...

This is so sweet! Love the colors and the fun image! Great take on the inspiration!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this sweet image - which you have colored so beautifully. Love the glossy accents and the shimmery silver hearts- what a great accent.

Cornelia W said...

Sweet and FUN! Just makes me smile!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Adorable! Bugaboo has so many darling images. The sweetest little elephant and I love how he looks 3D.
Hugs, Pat/♥

JD/ Jill said...

This is so cute! I also like how you added the glossy accents...nice touch!

Becky said...

What a fabulously fun card you created Vicki! I love that image.

sandie said...

great use of dimension here and love the row of hanging hearts x

Lori said...

Oh my goodness...this is so stinkin' cute!! I love the glossy accents on your heart...thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so cute! Love your take on the inspirational photo. Fabulous.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a sweet image and a wonderful design with the perfect choice of paper.
hugs Sue xx

Tanja said...

he is just so adorable and so cute - love the dimension on the heart and the sentiment

Sarah said...

So cute Vicki!! Love the papers, the layers, the image....everything!! xx

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!!!

Linda . J said...

Wow beautiful card Vicki so love this image and your colouring is superb, too cute for words.
Hugs Linda x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation here today and all those gorgeous colours, just adore this....xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Emily Lauritzen said...

Such a sweet image! Love the little birdie holding the hearts!!
The little bit of shine from the glossy accents is perfect!
<3 Emily L.

SonjaK said...

Oh, what a cutie! And the glossy heart in the background is a real fantastic detail. Love your card.

Julie B said...

Such a fun card and that elephant is too cute. :)

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a cute card, Vicki! I love how you layered the heart and fun elements and your sentiment is so pretty!

Chasing the Dream said...

Sorry for MIA. This is so cute, love the design and all of those details with the glossy accents and laying. Simply a delightful sweet beauty.
Hugs my luv
Berni

Shelly said...

Oh, that elephant!...Sooooo cute! Love this, Vicki!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant, cute and totally adorable card Vicki I love that paper and the lettering and what a sweet image, love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card and you follow very nicely that sketch
hugs bibana

Donna said...

Fabulous card, cute image and great design!

Lee-Anne said...

Love that adorable ellie...such a sweet card! Your coloring is fabulous, Vicki!

Kylie said...

wow! Vicki this is SENSATIONAL. I love, love, love this card!! xx

Jessi Fogan said...

So adorable!! Love that elephant stamp (I've used it a few times this year already, lol) and the gloss!

Wishcraft said...

Oh so cute! Fab card Vicki, love it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Denise Goeldner said...

Fantastic card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Creative Knockouts
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Tracey said...

Ooh I absolutely love everything about this card Vicki :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lynn McAuley said...

Sweet indeed! What a sensational valentine, Vicky!! Perfectly delightful!

Anneke said...

dear Vicky
i did not forget you, but i was sick for some weeks, so now i am back and what i see is, such a gorgeous card and pacterend papers.
i love this card and design.
have a nice week and hugs from Anneke

Patti J said...

What a sweet card! Perfect take on the inspiration photo, dear friend - gotta love this sweet image!!! Hugs...

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki!! I love that Bugaboo image and your fabulous layout, gorgeous glossy effects too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Céline said...

oh so fun, love it
hugs
céline

Lola said...

Super duper cute, and what a great design. I love Bugaboo elephants and I really like how your heart falls off the card.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ahhh! This is so cute! Love the coloring and the alyout!

Karen Mead said...

Your card is so cute Vicki and I love the sweet elephant:) Hugs xx

cm said...

A fabulously sweet card, Vicki...I'm crushing all over Edward Valentine! Absolutely adorable!
Hugs~c

Asha said...

Outstanding, my friend. I'm awestruck by all the dimension on this card! LOVE it.
hugs, Asha

Dana said...

Super sweet card, Vicki!! I love the layered rectangles and the added detail with the glossy accents!!

Monika Reeck said...

cute elephant and cute bird holding heart Love the shiny heart and shiny sentiment too Vicki..really sweet and cute card you did... I am sorry soo late visiting you..I miss you but the real life is so busy...big hugs from Germany

Neets B said...

Lots of lovely layers to your card and what a fab patterned paper. Loving the glossiness too x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...