"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Flashback Favorites - Geometrical

Good evening friends!

Thanks so much to those that have played along in the last challenge!
I really appreciate all of the support that I've received with this challenge and I always find it so much fun to see how you all interpret the challenges too!
It's so hard to pick just three people as I think you are ALL stars! :)
I wanted to feature everyone that has ever played along!  I will feature all who played along in the last challenge though...


These are ALL of the wonderful crafters who participated in our last "Geometrical" challenge:

Let's begin with this beautiful one from : CaroleAnn:
  Here's what she has to say about this:
This was a fun card to create and I was a little out of my element on this but I had fun experimenting with my Versa Mark ink pad and an old stamp set from Stampin Up dated 2000 (the same one Vicki used in her demo)! 
Yay for you CaroleAnn trying out this fun technique!! You've done a brilliant job with it!
I love the pinks!! :)



And here's a clever idea from :Stamping Smiles Designs:
Here's what she says about her entry:
Ever since I started investing in Wafer Thin Dies I have not been using my punches. I have so many shaped punches that I purchased when I first got into stamping, for example, my smaller circle and square punches. They haven't got much use. So, I am so glad Vicki did this Geometrical Challenge. It was good for me to take out my circle punches and put them to work. I began the card by punching a whole bunch of circles using my circle punches. Then I traced the circles randomly onto my white cardstock and fussy cut around it leaving a white border.
Wow!!  This is SUCH a clever idea to use the punches for this!  Never thought of doing this, but now I need to try this out sometime!  Thanks for the great idea Ka!



And check out this fun and clever one from :Cornelia (fun stamping) :
Here is her thoughts on this:
geometrical (those stamps are now a little over 1 year old, I ordered them before I started on the STAMPlorations DT - to have something to work with and in January I was with them for one year, yeahh!)
Now how stinkin' CUTE is this?!!  I love her idea using the hexagon shape to create little animals!  She has made SEVERAL more different variations on her blog...so be sure to stop by and check it out!



And here is another entry from:  Shelly Schmidt:
Here's what she says about her entry:
 The stamps are old, old SU and the color is very washed out- I colored with Copics and added Sakura Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is Sweet Stamps.
This is a great set of cards and a fun way to use up those scraps to make a sunburst design!  Love the patterns in your papers and your wintry images too! :)



This very sweet entry is from Patricia Hays:
Here's what her comment was about it:
The designer papers and the white card base are my newest items used here; I’ve had them for about 13 months.
This is just so cute!!  If it's over 1 year old...it's time to use it, right?! :)  Great job!  Thanks so much for playing along with this sweet card!


And here is another cutie from Just Duckie:
Here's her comment about this card:
 I used paper that I have had for a few years and rectangles.
This one just makes me smile! :)  I just love it when I can use up those papers!! Great job Jerrie!



And here are not one, but TWO creations from Jessi Fogan:
Here's what she said about it:
I 'iced' the chocolate donuts with Liquid Pearls, and glossed the rest with Dimensional Magic. When they were dry I punched them out with my 1" circle punch that's been a trusty craft companion for....ever.... :) 
Oh my gosh...I couldn't resist wanting to reach out and grab one of them!!  (I smashed my hand on the computer screen though! LOL!)  Those punches pile up and get neglected so much!  Great job!

And check it out...here's another one from Jessi Fogan:
Here's her thoughts about this one:
My circle Nesties were the very first ones I bought - probably about eight years ago. I use them nearly every single day! 
I just love it when I find something I have purchased that keeps getting used over and over again...it's like a right hand man in your crafting! :)  Beautiful card Jessi!



Check this one out by Amy Johnson:
Here's what Amy said about her design:
To make my card, I used the retired Stampin Up! set 'Extreme Snowboard' for the main image.  I love this stamp!  So easy to use, and boys love the image!  My sentiment is from Inkadinkado 'Rock Star'.  To make the hexagons, I used the smallest die in my Spellbinder's Nestability set and cut the shapes out of the Me and My Big Ideas 'Urban Youth' stack.
So glad that you've decided to play along...this card really ROCKS!! :)
------------------------------

I have really enjoyed seeing all of your wonderful creations each week! :)

I would be honored if all of my crafty friends who were ever featured for this challenge would take this badge for their blog:



Be sure to stop by here tomorrow for an important message!
Happy crafting!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


6 comments:

Stamping With Bibiana said...

all great cards
bibiana

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Everyone did a wonderful job on this challenge. Thanks for featuring my card, Vicki. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Wow, did everyone ever pull out their clever caps for this one! Love all the inspiration :)
Thanks for featuring my cards...and mmmmmm DONUTS always :)

Shelly said...

Ooooh, awesome cards!

Patricia H. said...

Thank you for the shout-out, Vicki! Everyone did a super job on this challenge. It's fun seeing what people create with their older craft items!

Monika Reeck said...

As I guess KA card is adorable and fit your challenge Vicki
yeah they are having graet cards
congrats on being featured at Vicki Blog...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...