"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Flashback Favorites - "It's ONLY Words!"

Good evening friends!

I want to thank you to those of you who joined in the last challenge!  I have learned some new ways to show off those sentiments on my cards too so thanks for that and as long as you keep playing along, I will keep challenging you! :)  So let's see what happened in our last challenge...


Here are THREE gorgeous "Flashback Favorites" from our last "It's ONLY Words" challenge:

Let's begin with this one from Jessi:
  Here's what she has to say about this:
"Everything on this card has been in my stash for at least a year - the rose button is probably closer to 6 or 7 years, as is the embossing folder. The Studio G sentiment has got to be 3 or 4 years old, and this is the only time I've used it this year, even though I absolutely love the font."

Way to go on getting out your older stash to make this gorgeous Valentine!


And here's a fun one from Jerrie:
Here's what she says about her entry:
" I used STAMPlorations Bold Sentiments and created this card. I had an old piece of pink paper I made with Worn Lipstick DI."

I love Jerri'es unique spin on the sentiments here!!  So cool!

And check out this adorable one from Ka:
Here is her thoughts on this:
"I started off by rubbing my sentiment from a retired rub-on sheet from Stampin' Up! called Greatest Moments (2007). That was fussy cut out. I distressed a tag using Peel Paint distress ink and also distressed the card panel edges using Picked Raspberry. The tag and rub-on sentiment was adhered to the card front. I couldn't decide what else to add, so I just cut some velvet flowers from a loose ribbon and attached them to my card using glue dots. I added some clear gemstones to the flower centers and called it done."

I love that she used a rub-on for her sentiment!!  I never think to do this!!  Thanks for sharing this idea!

------------------------------

I enjoy seeing your take on the challenges every week!  Thanks again for playing along with me and having fun using your old stash! :)

I would be honored if the crafty friends featured here would take this badge for their blog:



Be sure to stop by here tomorrow when I have a new challenge ready for you!
Happy crafting!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


14 comments:

LeAnne said...

Lovely selections, Vicki! Hopefully I can get my act together and play with your next challenge!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh how pretty! I really like the first one with the use of the negative cut!

Jerrie said...

Vicki, thank you for the fun challenge. I can not wait until tomorrow!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are fabulous.

Jessi Fogan said...

Eeep! I'm so honoured, Vicki! I'm loving your challenges & can't wait to see what's next :)

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUtiful cards and gorgeous designs.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful

Margreet said...

So elegant!
xxx Margreet

Rhonda Miller said...

I love these.

Céline said...

really gorgeous
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

They made adorable cards my friend...from Jessi I love much with that rose in white from Jerrie cool Sentiment and pink water color from KA yeah I love the green in the middle of Pink cool idea

Shelly said...

Such fun cards!

Asha said...

Beautiful cards!
hugs, Asha

Asha said...

Beautiful cards!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...