"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, February 20, 2015

Flashback Friday - Geometrical + Video!

Hello friends and happy Friday!
We are getting closer to Spring little by little with each week!  Yay!  I sure am ready! :)
Right now we are ready for another FUN challenge....

Before we get to the challenge, please be sure to CLICK HERE to see who last week's "Flashback Favorites" were or you can scroll down to the post below.

So for this week the theme is:
"Geometrical"
 * Use a shape(s) on your creation OR make a shaped card * 
(remember the 1 year or older can refer to ANY stash! {including stamps} - and don't forget to tell me what it is somewhere in you post please!)
 TIME TO HAVE FUN FUN FUN!!!
---------------------------------------------------


I just LOVE shapes and playing with them in my crafting!
If you think about it, there are SO MANY different types of shapes too!
(circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, hexagons, mosaics, stars, hearts, etc etc etc....)
I have so many stamps (other than greetings) that I find shapes of some sort in there and of course I also love to make those shaped cards too!  And then I came across something that I thought would be so fun to try out with my old stamps...so I made a video on what I did:

(It's a little over 4 minutes long.  CLICK HERE to view it on You Tube or to watch in HD!)


Now how simple is that?!!  And I just love the results you get with it too!


I've used the Stampin' Up! inks:  Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder & Elegant Eggplant to sponge in some colors in the background on a smooth 80# white card stock.  (I highly recommend using some really dark colors when doing this technique as it makes the white ink pop a bit better.)
I then took my OLD 2000 Stampin' Up! set called "Little Shapes" and did some generation stamping (see video for explanation) to achieve this "Bokeh" look on my card.  I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin' Up! "Four You" stamp set with white ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

I finished off my card with three OLD gold eyelets.  I was looking for some triangle ones that I used to have, but I think I threw them out a while back!  See?  This shows you that you never know when you'll need that old stash again!! :)  I used some foam tape to pop up this layer over a gold metallic piece of card stock and then layered that onto a Elegant Eggplant card base.
Simple, but so effective and fun!

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter this above card in:
Retro Rubber - eyelets

The Pink Elephant (TPE286) - birthday
City Crafter - Love Metal (eyelets)
Creative Card Crew - Birthday with Sentiment
Top Tip Tuesday - Rubber Stamps Only
The Male Room - Create Background Paper
---------------------------------------------

And of course I will share some of my Flashback "geometrical" creations to give you some more ideas if you haven't thought of something already:
Here is a very simple CAS shaped easel card that I had made.
Those die cuts are great for making these! (2013)

Here's a card I made with a cool mosaic stamp set I had.  I punched some square and popped up the mosaic images on them. (2013)

I also love to punch out or die cut shapes on my cards too!
This is a CAS baby card I made punching out different sized circles and placing different colored card stock with stamping and embossing behind them.  (2013)

And here's another fun shaped card I made using an ice cream cone template I had.
I remember I had fun making this one!  (2012)


So now it's YOUR turn to have some fun using shapes!
I can't wait to see what you come up with for this!!  GO HAVE SOME GEOMETRICAL FUN!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

*Don't forget to enter your creation with the InLinkz below before the deadline and don't forget to tell me in your post what stash item you've used that is 1 year or older!*

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


43 comments:

Olga said...

lovely cards!!!!!

Donna K said...

I love seeing you flash back creations. Be still my heart...that lavender piece is gorgeous what a great technique and I love those gold eyelets, Vicki.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

My motto is to never, ever throw anything out, lol, that's why I can hardly move in my craft room. Seriously though this is a fab card and your background is beautiful, loved the video too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
Lorraine DT

Davi said...

Wow that is a beautiful background and my favorite colors too!! Each creation is wonderful Vicki, you are the best ;) Have a super weekend!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Beautiful geometric background, Vicki! Love watching your videos... I always find some great tips in there. Excited to play again in this challenge. Have a fantastic weekend!

jimlynn said...

Love all of these Vicki but that first one is so gorgeous! I enjoyed the video too. Great technique and a beautiful card!
Lynn

Sarah said...

What a fabulous collection Vicki, brilliant, one and all!! xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a sensational post, Vicki! Thank you so much! You rock geometry!! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissy said...

Fabulous selection of cards Vicki and I love your stamping and eyelets..gorgeous colours and so very effective..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

What a gorgeous effect and the blues/purples are so pretty. And I have to say, splitting up the gold eyelets (instead of the usual 3 in a uniform row) is really pleasing to the eye.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!! I love that technique, fab tutorial too! Beautiful flashbacks also! Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

JD/ Jill said...

Great video. I really enjoyed watching it, and yes it has inspired me to give your technique a try. All I need to do is find the time...smile.

Your cards are all so beautifully done. So much inspiration there in each and every card. thank you so much for sharing.

Bonnie said...

I love how you've done the Bokeh effect with triangles! So pretty with all those purples!

Patti J said...

Golly, these are amazing!!! I really should try this. Thanks for always being such an inspiration to us!

Katy McGloin said...

Vicki, I love the geometrics with the monochromatic color. Very awesome card! Thanks for including RRBC in your stamping fun this week!!

Chasing the Dream said...

OMG so excite with this new technique to create. These shape cards are so beautiful. Especially in love with the ice cream cone.
Hugs
Berni

CaroleAnn said...

Well, I am so glad you don't ask us to pick a fave from your inspiration cards - I could not do it! I hope to find some time so i can play - after watching your video I feel so inspired!!! You used some of my favorite colors on that card - just beautiful!! Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful display of cards to show case and love the styles...Gorgeous colours as always. Will have a sneak peak at your video too, looks interesting.xx


{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh I love the purples! All these cards are just fabulous, Vicki! (hmmmm, now to search my stash...)

Sid said...

Loving your creations !!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the Bokeh techniqueand fabulous card,love the colours,great inspirations cards love the baby one with the punched circles -off to check out the video
Carol x

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your take on the bohek technique - the triangles give a very contemporary look. Great colours. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Claire Grantham said...

Awesomely stunning card Vicki, I can't stop drooling over it. Love the elegant use of eyelets. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this week. Claire RRBC DT

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous geometric with all the triangles, Vicki! I have something in mind but with hexagons instead. Thanks for the inspiration. :-D

Donna said...

Fabulous card Vicki, such a clever and trendy design and so nice to see some eyelets on your card...I have a container full of eyelets but don't use them these days. You may have just motivated me to get them out again...thank you! :) Donna ♥ x

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous array of treats you have shared with us here, Vicki! What absolute awesomeness!!

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki
oh wooww
I never seen that bokeh with threeangle
how clever you are
and it looks like a real bokeh effekt
and how did you do to stamp and embossing it with white embossing powder? By me it will be mesh cause the wet ink will take my embossimng powder :((
Adorable purple card Vicki love it

The second card forever and always so soft and adorable
the one like tile is adorable shape and the one with circle love that different circle inside the texture is woow and the ice cream card is coooollll
love it Vicki I want it...do you have that template..its cool to try to make another shape card

Again great post Vicki
hugs, Monika

Becky said...

What fabulous cards Vicki! Beautiful designs and colors. I got to get busy on this challenge because I do have so many stamps I have not used in years and some not at all :).

Céline said...

wow fantastic!!! thanks for the video
hugs
céline

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Triangluar Bokeh - so cool!

Nance E Salkeld said...

Beautiful Bokah card. Great tutorial too. Thanks for sharing at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Hope you join us again!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your geometric take on Bokah! And, your video was great. I love the white embossing on the purples- and the touch of gold eyelets is perfect. I love your flashback Fridays : ) Hope to join you this week.

Jane Knudsen said...

I was going to comment on the gorgeous paper. Only to find out you made it! What? Crazy awesome! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Stella said...

This is an amazing take on our theme. Gorgeous. I am glad you shared the tutorial:). Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful bokeh technique, looks great and I really love that card with the mosaic stamp set!

Tammy said...

Amazing use of geometrics and such luscious colors! Love you other cards too but I'm in love with the purple one!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh my! This is such an eye-catching card! I love it all, especially your choice of colors. Thank you for joining the Retro Rubber challenge and hope you will join us again soon.

Christine Traversa said...

I love your color scheme. This card is sooo creative! Thanks for doing the challenge!

Susanne Vargas said...

I came here from the Retro Rubber Challenge blog to let you know that I absolutely love your triangle bokeh card! (Have never seen triangles used with this technique and it looks awesome)!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Bokeh is the best baby! :) Love that as a background - Thanks for joining in at TMR!

Asha said...

Brilliant idea! I've never seen it done in triangles before. Gorgeous effect...and colours.
hugs, Asha

Neva Cole said...

Clean and simple, but so elegant. The eyelets are a perfect embellishment! Thank you for joining us at RRCB.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Unusual beautiful bokeh. Beautiful card, beautiful tutorial.
Regards,
Bozena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...