"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, February 13, 2015

Flashback Friday - OH BABY!

Hello friends and a happy Friday to ya!
Friday the 13th that is!!! :)  I hope that you are all lucky in love though and have a nice Valentine's Day weekend planned!  Hubby plans on taking me out somewhere, so we are looking forward to that!
Another brand new challenge starts up today!  Are you ready?


Before we get to the challenge, please be sure to CLICK HERE to see who last week's "Flashback Favorites" were or you can scroll down to the post below.

So for this week the theme is:
"Oh Baby!"
 * make a creation using the colors pink and/or blue and/or a baby theme * 
(remember the 1 year or older can refer to ANY stash!)
 TIME TO HAVE FUN FUN FUN!!!
---------------------------------------------------
I don't have a need to make very many creations with a baby theme which is why I thought I'd add in using pink or blue colors in case you don't either! :)
But for a charity that I donate to every month, they are actually asking for some 'congrats baby' cards for new mothers, so I was happy that I had a few made up in my stash and I've also made some more to send off with my donation.

Although I don't share this on my blog, I do like to scrapbook and I have several scrap books going on including some baby books from my children's photos!  (Yeah...I'm like several years behind on that!)  So I've basically saved back some older baby stamps that I thought would work for my scrapbook pages and I never got rid of them! -  LOL!

I've used this old set from Stampin' Up! called "I'm Here!" to make a few baby cards:
I guess it's because I have boys, but whenever I make baby cards, my first thought is to make blue ones!  So I took the footprint stamps from the set and embossed them with clear embossing powder on white card stock.  I then rubbed some blue ink over that which resists the embossing on it.  I think it makes for a nice soft halo effect.  The background was also stamped using another image from the same set.  I added a greeting and a ribbon to finish it.

So of course I felt guilty about only making baby boy, so I had to do the pinks for the baby girl!  I used this alphabet image to stamp the background once again with pink ink and I used my Top Note die and then just stamped the footprint images with pink ink and went over top of them with the "congrats" sentiment in black.  That pink frilly ribbon has been in my stash for a couple of years and I've never used it until now!  (I think doing these challenges makes me more "mindful" about pulling other items out that haven't been or don't get used very often...so this is a GREAT "exercise" for that!)  It's funny that I'm walking around my studio thinking of old stuff that I don't use when making a creation now!!  LOL!
----------------------------------------------------------------

A Flashback Friday wouldn't be a "flashback" without sharing some flashbacks with you:
Here's an older card I made using a House Mouse...Love that sentiment from Whimsy Stamps! :)


Here's another card I had made for a design team friend a few years back when she had a new baby girl.  I used a sweet baby image by Elisabeth Bell.
------------------------------


Hope you've enjoyed the inspiration and flashbacks for today's challenge!
If you don't have a need for a baby card, you can always just use some blue or pink or both to make your creation for this!!  Just remember to use something from your stash 1 year or older. :)
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
I do hope you can play along this week!  Don't forget to enter your creation below with the InLinkz tool before the deadline!!

Happy Valentine's Day friends!!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


39 comments:

Margreet said...

Adorable babycards with the feet stamp Vicky...your flashback cards are gorgeous too...love especially the HM stamp!
Have a great (Valentine's) weekend!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

soooooooooooo sweet. "they" just grow up too fast!

happy valentine's sunshine. hope you're staying warm!

hugs :)

MiamiKel said...

How gorgeous!! WHat simple yet striking cards, love the alphabet background - superbly sweet! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! ♥

Deepti said...

These are so adorable! I like the baby feet cards a lot

NanaConnie said...

Love the stamp with the baby feet, Vicki! Fab cards. Your flashbacks are pretty cute too. :-D

Donna K said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! I love those sweet, tiny baby feet and that darling little mouse with the pacifier and the cuddled up baby girl...how darling! Fabulous flash backs. Have a wonderful day today!

Becky said...

These are beautiful Girl..Love those cute little feet and you know I love house mouse :).

jimlynn said...

Cute and pretty baby cards! Love the little foot print and the House Mouse one is precious and pretty too. Great flashback challenge.
Lynn

Sue said...

I love all your cards Vicki. The baby feet are just so adorable and your designs are wonderful.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Lola said...

The pink is my fave - but it's because I have girls. And I thoroughly enjoy your flashback cards!!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, gorgeous baby cards!! I love the fabulous alphabet backgrounds and the cute little feet! Beautiful 'flashback' creations too! Have a great weekend!
Hugs,Tammy

Monika Reeck said...

Vickkiii wooohoooo all are adorable I love the last card with baby sleep and that baby feet in pink and blue sooo adorable I love love them..how are you my friend...I will catch up again tomorrow sweety its already 00:09 hehehe I must go sleep :)

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Vickithank you for your lovely comments on my blog and sorry I couldn't get to join you last week -situation beyond my control-and I had the perfect stamp too!!! Hopefully i can join in this week I also have this baby feet stamp-love your cards very simple and CAS but very beautiful
Carol x

Tammy said...

Each card is sensational Vicki! Love the footprints!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love the challenge theme. I'll have to see what I can get done. Your samples are so cute.

Patti J said...

It's fun seeing some of these again! I remember most of them...love them all, dear friend!

Céline said...

too cute, love them all
hugs
céline

Chrissy said...

Love your baby cards Vicki and what a fabulous foot print stamp..love the alphabet background too and enjoyed your flashback cards.

luv CHRISSYxx

Holly Young said...

I love all of your cards Vicki! The funny thing is that I have the same footprints stamp and I have used it many times on a Christmas card using the verse "unto us this day is born..." but I have never used it to make a baby card. You have inspired me!

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki just visiting you (again) and wanna say HAPPY VALENTINE´s DAY I know you must be busy with family...I did not see you around since friday night
Hope you have a big heart choco from Hubby LOL
miss you
hugs, Monika

Shelly said...

All are soooo SWEET, Vicki! Happy Valentine's day! Enjoy! :)

Bonnie said...

Sweet, sweet baby cards!

CaroleAnn said...

Oh, My goodness, so much inspiration here! I especially love the house mouse card - they are my faves and I have to dig them out - I know I have them somewhere!! LOL Hugs

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh how sweet are these two cards! I love the embossing and the blue inking around it, and love the pink stamping as well. Oh heavens, I so love the older 'flashback' cards as well.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki... your baby-cards are all fantastic and wonderful... love your cards from SU....

xoxo Anja

Donna said...

Adorable baby cards Vicki, love the alphabet background and these little stamped feet are waaaay too cute! :) Donna ♥ x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such sweet, pretty baby cards.
Caroline xxx

Miriam Prantner said...

Those baby cards are so sweet, I love those footprints, and your flashback cards are wonderful too, love the little girl sleeping!

Asha said...

Oh so adorable!!! LOVE the little HM... too cute! Hope you had a LOVEly weekend, my friend!
hugs, Asha
p.s. i'm finally making the rounds!

Becca Cruger said...

OOOoo! I really like how you used the emboss resist technique to make those baby feet pop! Soooo sweet.

Ellie said...

Such adorable cards!!

Davi said...

Always a joy to view your beautiful creations my friend!! Love them all but the little blue one with the mouse just really jumps out at me it is EXtra amazing :)

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is super adorable and so perfect for baby cards.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jessi Fogan said...

There is nothing cuter than little baby toes!! I love these! And this fits right in with my spree of making baby cards this week :)

Beth said...

each and every card is just too sweet Vicki one of these weeks I am going to play along with your challenge.
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Fun cards with that old stamp - which I happen to have. I may did it out. I have the other images you used on your old cards too - we must have been drawn to the same stamps in our past! Lovely cards - all of them. Hugz!!!!

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

My apologies - I forgot to mention that the ribbon, sequins, beads, rose and heart bead are all at least 8 years old.
love
Jen Leeflang

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

My apologies - I forgot to mention that the ribbon, sequins, beads, rose and heart bead are all at least 8 years old.
love
Jen Leeflang

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

My apologies - I forgot to mention that the ribbon, sequins, beads, rose and heart bead are all at least 8 years old.
love
Jen Leeflang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...