"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Make Your Mark, Get Set...Go!

Hello friends!
It's time for another FUN challenge with
Addicted to Stamps!
Yay!!  So this week, it's no surprise that the challenge is...
"Make Your Mark"
This means that you can enter ANY creation with this criteria:
Make your Mark - your entry MUST contain the use of anything that can make a mark - Stampin' Write, Copics, Promarkers, Painting, Chalks, Watercolours, Sponges, Stencils, Masks etc etc

So get out those crafty tools that "make a mark" , get set and....GO!
Here's what I have chosen to do for this one:
Oh my gosh...is this not hilarious?!  I love this bird with the "fancy hair" and bugged out eyes!
Something else that I think I have fallen in love with is water-coloring!
I couldn't help it, I HAD to go and grab those Kuretake Gansai watercolors!  (It took a while for it to come in because I saved myself a bit of money by ordering straight from Japan.  The link I take you to is a couple dollars higher than what I had actually spent, but it's still several dollars cheaper than buying from some other places I found!)  I just couldn't believe how rich and vibrant the colors are!  I have to say that I am so happy I bought them!  And yes...you have to get the color selection that has the beautiful golds and pearly white in it!!  (It's a must for these...and you will see why in the photo below!)

So I have used this Oh so cute bird from the "Birds of a Feather" stamp set by The Alley Way Stamps and stamped it with Staz On black ink over watercolor paper that has been die cut with my fave Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle die.  I stamped the bird and the foot print that comes in the set several times behind the bird if as it left tracks.  I used a couple of different orange colors to color in the bird as well as the tracks behind him.  I also took the gold and water colored in other parts of the bird and then I really loaded up my brush with water and flicked some gold spots in random places over the scene.  I popped this up with foam tape and placed it over an orange colored A-2 sized card base.  I wanted to be a bit different and have this one opening up from the side instead of the bottom.

Here is a closer view of the bird so that you can better see the look of the water-colors in it.
I have take some of that white pearl water-color and went over the body of the bird with it.  It sort of looks like it's wet in the photo, but it's not...that's the pearl sheen of the color!  You can also see the gold color in the bird's head as well as the spots.  LOVE how this turned out!

I've also added some dots of liquid pearls to parts of the bird's head and then went over the beak with some glossy accents.

So I hope I've inspired you with my card today to join with us over at the "Addicted to Stamps" challenge this week!!  I look forward to seeing what you create!  Be sure to stop by the blog and view the other fabulous creations from the rest of the design team!  There is a wonderful prize to the winner of this challenge from our sponsor QKR Stampede!  So check it out!

I thank you so much for checking in with me today!
I appreciate all of your thoughts!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

AAA Cards - use orange on your CAS card + DT Call



The Paper Players (PP232) - CAS bird card


The Alley Way Stamps - Link Up


57 comments:

Kim said...

This card makes me smile. Definitely hilarious :-D

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, that hair is a scream!

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness! TOO cute! Love the bird and he's one of my favorites too. Cute idea with the footprints. Great watercoloring too! Precious!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love it! The watercoloring is rich and vibrant. Plus the scene you created is so fun. Fun idea to add 'jewels to to her 'hair feathers'.

Bonnie said...

Love this little bird that makes me smile! Great job of watercolor!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! I think this "bird-day" card is such fun. Love the shimmer on the bird and the cute little pearls in his feathers! xx

JD/ Jill said...

oh my Goodness! It does NOT get any cuter than this! Fun card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yay! you know how I love TAWS *wink*, so this card is double awesome! I love the colors and the little feet prints! So fun!

CaroleAnn said...

You accomplished what your blog is called and made me smile with this card!!! Love the vivid colors you chose from your new watercolor set. Don't you love new toys!!! Have fun and I can't wait to see what else you create! Hugs

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

LOVE that bird - so funky and FUN!

Chasing the Dream said...

So much fun for the birthday person. Great colors. Lovin those new toys I see. Mine came today, the Chameleon alcohol markers.
Hugs
Berni

Céline said...

so fun card Vicki, love it
hugs
céline

Tanja said...

such a fun birthday card - love that color combo and the little liquid pearl accents

Sarah said...

What a fun card Vicki!! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and image Vicki, and gorgeous colours used.xxx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}
I also have candy here.....http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/bone-fairy-candy.html

Jane said...

Such fun! What a bright shiny little critter. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Julie B said...

What a great fun card Vicki, love the funky 'chicken'!:)

Regina said...

That card is sure to make anyone smile.
big hugs Regina

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This one had me giggling like crazy Vicki. So cute yet funny and so well coloured. Love it. Sarah x

Wei said...

Ha ha ha, this image is so cute and make me smile. Love the fancy hair and the little pearls you've added.

Donna said...

This is so adorable, beautiful water coloring and sweet image, brought a big smile to my face! Now off to work, have a great day, Donna

Bad Kitty said...

lovely card

Lee-Anne said...

Eeep! That bird is just a hoot, Vicki! Love your coloring!

Lisa S. said...

His hair is hysterical! Thanks for the chuckle Vicki, I love your card!!

Beth said...

wow Vicki that is one fun card reminds me of my hair some mornings...LOL...and you used the orange so well....great work.
Hugs

Patti J said...

Awww.....what a fun card this is! I don't know why I forget to use orange - I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

MiamiKel said...

Seriously, this is a hoot! I am diggin' that hairdo! Baeutifully done - so shimmery and glitzy at the same time ♥ Have a great day!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is absolutely adorable, Vicki! I really love your water coloring...such fun, bright and happy colors, which are perfect with your design!

Tammy said...

Awww this is sooo cute Vicki! I love that little bird image and your gorgeous watercoloring!!
Hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Vicki that image made me burst out laughing. lol, how cute is he, love his hairdo, this is absolutely brilliant I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Beautiful colouring, Vicki and I like the expression on his face!

Becca Cruger said...

Snort* That bird looks just like me on a Saturday morning. We must go to the same hairdresser. :D You definitely gave him some great life with all those vibrant shades of orange!

Tammy said...

My favorite bird in the whole world! She just makes me smile! Love you card and great results with the new watercolors!

crafty-stamper said...

Great play on words and love the quirky image -he looks very vacant lol
carol x

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Vicki! This one really made me smile, love it :)
hugs
Mandy xx

nwilliams6 said...

Wow Vicki! These watercolors are awesome! I want them but I am on strict, strict, strict crafting supply restriction after having to by my daughter a new car. Urgh! I so hate when life takes away from my crafting! Your card is adorable - love that image! Great coloring and marking. Hugz

Lynn McAuley said...

Best birthday party hat EVER! What a fun card, Vicki!

cm said...

Joining the others in being dazzled and delighted by your bug-eyed, wild-feathered bird! Too cute!
Hugs~c

Desire Fourie said...

Lol such a funny birdie. Loving the autumn colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Susan said...

I LOVE this little guy...and your coloring is fabulous!

Asha said...

Oh so cute, Vicki. Bad hair day for sure!
hugs, Asha

Shelly said...

HA! Too CUTE! Love it!

kbrandy4 said...

Fabulous card Vicki!
Hugs, Hazel x

Monika Reeck said...

that birdie makes me smile really
his eyes look to us the one who look at your card hihi ;)
cute image, great colored and I love that add of pearl pen on him..so cuuteee adding..and KURETAKE GANSAI TAMBI yeeaaah you are faster than me...cause my hubby ordered it at November for chrismas present I got it at January :) you are so lucky my dear...and great coloring as always....LOVELY ORANGE CARD and I remember you said that : You will use your copic only but this KURETAKE G.T really great I think I will sell my Copic to Ebay..its expensive and it took place LOL..
I am happy you have it Vicki..

Lola said...

Oh my this looks like me first thing in the morning. Or around 3pm when it seems the work day will never end! I love this! Can you tell me, where do you get your water color paper? It looks nice and thick. And my kids have tons of water colors, I take it you need a "good brand" of paints?

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun image- and your watercoloring is so rich and vibrant! Hahaha so fun- love the liq pearls you added th=o the hair...Great card!

Karen Mead said...

I love your fun card Vicki - your little bird really made me smile - it's so cute:) Hugs xx

Claire Broadwater said...

Vicki, your card just makes me smile! I love the watercoloring and the little bird! Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James said...

Hilarious - what a fun bird! Thanks for joining my CAS bird challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Sorry I have not been around but starting to feel a little better and I think the meds are finally working. Trying to get my comments done. I was just thinking this is the second time I have been sick this year. That sucks. Your bird puts a smile on my fave he is adorable. Great layout.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Rahmat said...

Gorgeous orange treat on this card, love the image and what lovely effect you have created for it.

Neets B said...

How fun is this?! I love the expression on that bird's face, and great what you've done with the footprints. This might fit with the monochrome challenge at CASology too xx

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, that birdie is super cute and just love the way you dressed her up!!! Brilliant card.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE. OMG this is just totally amazing! And that bird :)

NanaConnie said...

Fun and funny and oh, so bright done in orange! Fantastic bird image and wonderful texture in the background. Loving the pearls in the feathers, Vicki! Great CAS design. :-D

Justine Hovey said...

I just love that stamp - it is too funny! I played along with this challenge this week as well. Good luck!

Toni said...

Don't you just love the GT watercolors?! adding the pearl sheen to the bird was genius. Really pops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...