"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Party Pig

Hello friends!
Hope you are starting out to a great week so far!
I'm here to share a brand new challenge with you over at

TUESDAY THROWDOWN

Yay!  And this one couldn't be any more simple!
It's "Anything Goes!" this week!

We have a wonderful sponsor for our challenge as well!
Oak Pond is giving out a fabulous prize to the winner!
They have kindly provided the DT with some fun images to use and here's what I've done:
Now how stinkin' CUTE is this image?!!  This is a digital stamp called "Boris the Party Pig" from our sponsor this week - Oak Pond!
I've colored him in with my Copic markers and then the dotted background as well as the sentiment came from a SU! photo-polymer stamp set called "Endless Birthday Wishes" and then the balloon was die cut from a Whimsy Stamps die cut that I cut out with patterned paper and then I used some white twine to tie on the end and popped it up over the card.

Here's a closer look at more details:
As you can see with this closer look, I've also added some extra touches to the image as well.  I've used my silver Wink of Stella glitter pen to go over the silver pail with.  I've also put some glossy accents over the chocolate fudge on the ice cream and I've added some Stickles glitter glue to the candle flame and then lastly I've put some liquid applique over the "whip cream" on the ice cream and heated up with my heat gun to puff it up a bit.  I've also taken my white gel pen and added some dots to the pig's birthday hat.
I think this turned out really cute! :)  I also have someone in mind that I'd like to give for their birthday!  (I will put a special message inside too! LOL!)

I hope you will play along with us this week!
Be sure to check out the rest of the wonderful creations from design team!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I really appreciate it!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Creative Knockouts - Spots and Dots
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Punches &/or die cuts
613 Avenue - Anything Goes with optional twist:  birthday
The Pink Elephant (TPE287) - anything goes

41 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love your creation Boris looks fabulous and the colours are perfect......♥ aNNie

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Sarah said...

LOVE Boris!! A really lovely card Vicki and the additional sparkle and texture makes it really special xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, such a fabulous image and wonderful colouring. I love the textured icing and added sparkle too.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Vicki I love, love, love this sweet, delicious card, that cakes looks so real, what fantastic crafting, the pig is absolutely adorable, I love pigs, great colours, top notch make
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

lovely card Vicki

Becky said...

He is stinkin cute!!! Fabulous Birthday card.

Sue said...

Adorable Vicki. Love the bright fun colors, what a fun birthday card. Who wouldn't love a bucket of cake and ice cream on their birthday!

Hug
Sue

uselesstrinkets said...

Vicki, I really love your cards and this one is perfect.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts and good luck to you!
Jessa

Jacqueline said...

Your card makes me smile :) It looks bright and cheerfull.
Hugs, Jacqueline

jimlynn said...

EEK! SOOOO cute! Love the way you have the balloon coming out the side like that. Great coloring on the piggy and the ice cream looks down right tasty! Cute card!
Lynn

Olga said...

Fantastic!!!!

Chrissy said...

Awww..Vicki..nothing cuter than a pig in a party hat with a big cupcake..super cute image and fantastic colouring.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

This is so cute!! Your special touches add a lot, your glossy accents, wink of stella , liquid applique and gel pen!

Beth said...

a beauty for sure Vicki and I love that sparkly bucket very classy for your Miss Piggy.
Hugs

Irene Watson said...

Hi Vicki! I love your version of Boris!! I love his glittery bucket and that lovely topping on the cake!! fab card!! Irene xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! This is just the cutest thing I've seen for ages.
Adorable!
Caroline xxx

Lola said...

Awwww, how sweet. Love all the extra details on the ice cream too.

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Aww... Boris is so adorable. He is ready to party and celebrate! Love the textures and sparkles on your card, Vicki. So bright and happy.

Shelly said...

This is soooo cute! Love your touch of added details!

Tammy said...

Awww this is sooo cute Vicki!! I love that image and all of the sparkle, fabulous little balloon too!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Love Boris and naturally he'd need a full bucket of ice cream! Great card, lots of fun!

Holly Young said...

This is really cute Vicki. I love how you tucked the balloon string behind the panel, and the extra touches on the birthday treat are special. Love that pale pink dotted background too!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, I'm smiling out loud. How cute this is! I guess I need to check out Oak Pond! Hugs...

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute image. I love your card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

How adorable, and I love all the neat details you added. Love this!

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe, look at Boris. This is so perfect the kids birthday. What a delightfully sweet card! The design is eye catching and I love  the color palette on your design. Great job on those balloons.
Hugs
Berni

Lynne said...

What a stunning card!!! I love all the attention to detail. Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create and good luck!!!!
Hugs

Kim said...

This is such a fun birthday card! Love the cute image and that ice cream looks yummy!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Vickie. What a beautiful and so adorable image. I so love it. It puts a smile on my face.Such a cutie.
Huggies!

Pollard Carole said...

Hi Vicki This is just fab what a great design its made me smile. Sorry not been commenting but just back from my travels and catching up on things your projects while I've been away are amazing as always. Loads to catch up on after five weeks away but hope to get crafting very soon Love and hugs Carole x

Céline said...

so fun! love the cute detail on the ice cream
hugs
céline

Donna K said...

That image is so stinkin' cute Vicki...pun intended! I adore that chubby little piggy and the icing looks fantastic. Great details all the way around from your amazing coloring to that sparkly bucket. I just love this to pieces! Party Pig ... indeed! Hope you have a wonderful day today!

Monika Reeck said...

ooh so cute pig and lovely color combo too Vicki and I want to say amazing how you give so much attention to that ice cream and candle...so lovely ice cream yummy choco fudge there and is it pop corn pen Vicki, I mean at whip cream? (the one I have it will be thick if I heat gun on it..is it the same one yeah you have all my friend LOL ) I love love your ice cream and candle there...so sweet looks like I can eat it
Awesome made and love the details Vicki..

Kim Hecker said...

Vicki: Boris looks ADORABLE! Great job with this image. Hugs to you.
Kimberly

Cathy P. said...

Love how adorable your card is. Those subtle pink dots in the background are pretty, too. Thanks for playing along with our Spots and Dots challenge at Creative Knockouts! Cathy DT

Asha said...

You know, I dare say li' piggy is having a grand ol' day at his his birthday! Just look at cute face... aaaaw.
hugs, Asha

Diana Cloudlet said...

I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

Diana Cloudlet
http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

Sasha Jundt said...

What ba beautiful card! I like this image and the colouring is great! Thank you very much for sharing it at 613 Avenue Create this week!
Hugs,
Sasha

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image and I just love that bucket full of ice cream...yummm!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

eeek he's so cute!! And for some reason now I want ice cream for breakfast...hmmm... :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is so stinkin cute!! I love all the fun finishing touches you put one everything! Makes that pail of ice cream look delicious!!!
<3 Emily L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...