"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, February 23, 2015

Sweet Stamps - Guest Design Post - Basket + Video!

Hello friends and happy Monday!
This will be my last post of February for my guest design spot with
  Sweet Stamps
They have kindly invited me to join them this month for their fun weekly challenges!
I want to thank every one over there for having me along this month.  I sure have enjoyed it!

YOU can play along with the challenges too!  You are not required to use their brand of products, but if you DO use them, be sure to put *SS* after your entry name because you will get a second chance at winning a REALLY fabulous prize from them!
Click the badge below to go straight to their blog where they have plenty of inspiration & challenges:

So for today's new challenge this week, the theme is:
"Anything But a Card"

I mainly spend most of my time making cards, so this was great to do something a bit different for a change!  I have decided to make baskets!  Yes!  I made more than one! :)
I have used this GORGEOUS set of floral stamps from Sweet Stamps called:
Sweet Posey Bouquet & Corner Duo
I love how that larger floral stamp has a 'toile' look to the baskets.
I've stamped the corner bouquet image and colored that in with my Copic markers and then fussy cut around them to pop them up on each side of my baskets.  I matched the flower color with the color of the baskets.

These were so fun and easy to make too!
I've used the envelope punch board to make them and here's a quick video to show you how I've done it with the measurements.
CLICK HERE to view it on You Tube and/or watch in HD.


I know my Envelope Punch Board says "Stampin' Up!", but We R Memory Keepers are the company that makes them and I know there are several craft places you can get one.  I believe even Walmart carries them!  And I had originally bought mine to actually make envelopes in different sizes!  But of course clever people come up with new ways to use the same tool and I just love getting extra uses from the tools in my craft room!

Here is a closer view of the purple basket with the pretty corner bouquet stamped and colored on each side of it.  I've added some pretty lace ribbon around the basket handle.  You can see that it's really easy to dress up how you want.  I thought with the up-coming Spring, Easter and Mother's Day upon us that these would make for fun little treat baskets or to add some flowers for someone special!

Here is a closer view of the blue basket I created with the same stamps.  For this one I tied a bow at the top and added a tag that I die cut with the same card stock and then stamped the corner bouquet image with the blue ink that I've used on the basket base.  I used some twine to tie onto the bow at the top of the handle.

Now they are ready to be filled with some goodies for Spring! ;)
What would you put in there?

I hope you've enjoyed my video and basket share today!
Would love for you to join us over at the Sweet Stamps blog to play along in the "anything but a card" challenge over there this week!  We would love to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping in today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter my baskets for:
Crafty Catz - For a Special Lady
Cute Card Thursday - Floral Delight
Fab 'n' Funky - Ribbon & Lace

38 comments:

Regina said...

the little basket is adorable! Thanks for the tutorial!

sending big hugs
Regina

Shelly said...

Oh, now how CUTE are these?!!...Love! And congrats on guesting! :)

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh these are so fun and elegant. Thank you for the how too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

jimlynn said...

Vicki, these are just darling! Love the way you stamped the flowers on them and the colors are so pretty. I have the envelope punch and always forget to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.
Lynn

SonjaK said...

Such cute baskets! Thanks for sharing and for the video tutorial.

Becca Cruger said...

Such a great project! These baskets are just the cutest things ever!

Becky said...

What cute Easter Baskets!

Donna K said...

These are just delightful, Vicki! I love the purple and blue base you chose for your baskets and your tutorial is wonderfully done. I think I may even be able to figure this out. I gotta give it a try!!

Sarah said...

These look so pretty Vicki xx

Miriam Prantner said...

What fun baskets! These are perfect for easter, and you could totally have the kids decorate the paper and then do up the baskets after!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki these baskets are gorgeous!! I love the colors and the beautiful stamps you've used, fab tutorial too!
Hugs, Tammy

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these baskets are fabulous!

Sue said...

Your baskets are gorgeous Vicki, such a fabulous design and I love the colours.
Thank you for the tutorial, I have saved your page for future reference.
hugs Sue xx

Lola said...

Your baskets are so cute. They look just the right size for my favorite - mini cadbury eggs!

Bad Kitty said...

cute easter baskets

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable baskets! enjoyed the video! Great job with the instructions! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Love both of your baskets! I can see colored eggs and jelly beans in their future!

Sue said...

Love these sweet baskets, idea. for giving small gifts for any occasion and easy to make too. You decorated them so beautifully too.

Hugs
Sue

MiamiKel said...

Holy baskets, Easter bunny! You knocked this challenge out of the park! Wow! I wouldn't be surprised if they keep you after your GDT! You simply rock!! ❤️

Rhonda Miller said...

These baskets are so cute. Thanks for sharing the video. I'll have to make some of these.

Chasing the Dream said...

These Easter basket are adorable. Just love the technique and the video. TFS. The colors are perfect for Easter and once again, Awesome creativity.,
Hugs
Berni

Davi said...

Awesome Baskets Vicki!! I love the beautiful way you decorated them :)

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Wow... These are spectacular!! Love the way you used the same stamp create the base of the basket and the tags!! Gorgeous creation.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love these gift baskets- pretty enough for Easter, Mother's Day and parties.....! Your design is lovely and I love the video. You have definitely inspired me to get out that envelope punch board and play : )

Denise said...

Wow this is a fantastic basket! What a fantastic idea for Easter!! Your Tutorial is amazing and so well explained!
xox

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous gift baskets! Gosh Easter'll be here before we know it! Thanks for joining in my challenge this week at Fab 'n' Funky with our 'Ribbon & Lace' challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful baskets Vicki love the colours and the stamps, smashing makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

beautiful!!! thanks for the video
i sure will try
hugs
céline

Holly Young said...

Vicki, these are so sweet. I love the way you dressed up the handles with ribbon and lace.

Beth said...

gorgeous little basket Gf and you always do such awesome tutorials.
Hugs

Sandy Fredrick said...

WOW, 2 gorgeous baskets, I love the added ribbon and stamped image. Awesome video on making the basket too. Thanks for sharing your wonderful designs with us again this week.

Patti J said...

Your baskets are beautiful, and I so enjoy hearing your voice! Thanks for the video toot!!! Hugs...

Deb said...

So clever and gorgeous!
Many thanks for joining us at CCT this week!
Debxx

Monika Reeck said...

I love both
the purple and the blue one.the add of that lace on the purple one add a nice touch Vicki and the second one I adore how you stamped the edge of the tag so clever made
and I guess tomorrow I will see your video its already 23:20 jump to your other post..I am soo laaatteeeee....yeah being alone parents it hard if my hubby on busines trip..he come tomorrow thanks GOD hope all is okay...hugs, Monika

Bonnie said...

Beautiful baskets! Love the stamping on them and the little tag!

Asha said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these little baskets, Vicki. Thank you so much for the video.
hugs, Asha

Mad Moose said...

Lovely baskets and always nice to see a non card creation. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Jessi Fogan said...

ohhhhh these are too precious!! I'm definitely loving the fussy touches you added to the handles :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...