"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Sweet Stamps - Guest Design Post with Birthday

Hello friends!  Happy Monday!
I am continuing with my February guest design spot for
  Sweet Stamps
They have kindly invited me to join them this month for their fun weekly challenges!

YOU can play along with the challenges too!  You are not required to use their brand of products, but if you DO use them, be sure to put *SS* after your entry name because you will get a second chance at winning a REALLY fabulous prize from them!
Click the badge below to go straight to their blog where they have plenty of inspiration & challenges:

So for today's new challenge this week, the theme is:
"Happy Birthday"

I never have enough birthday cards and it'a always great to make extra to have on hand when you need one to send out!  I wanted to do something a bit different for this, so I've decided to make a fun birthday shaker card today:
I have used the really fun Sweet Stamps Candle Wish Duo 917 stamp set for my creation.
I took my markers to color the candle stamp in different colors along the bottom border of the panel shaker card panel.  I added a touch of glitter to the flames to give it a bit of a sparkle!

I then matched up the Pumpkin Pie color of the candle and used some coordinating papers to add a strip above the candles and then tied some gold twine around the front.  I made the shaker portion using some stitched circle dies and scallop circle punch for the frames.  I put some fun sequins with different colors and star shapes inside of it along with some fun type confetti called Rox.  The top shaker card base was die cut with a stitched rectangle die and popped up over an embossed star panel that I distressed the edges of.  The sentiment was stamped on the inside of the shaker while assembling it.  Such a fun card to make!

Here's a closer look at the shaker:
You can perhaps get a better view of the clear confetti Rox inside there as well.
I've used a pre-made foam circle frame for my shaker which made this come together very easily.

I hope you are able to play along this week!  Such an easy challenge too!
Be sure to check out the challenge as well as the rest of the design team inspiration!
Thanks so much for popping in today to have a look at my creation!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
Simply Create Too - anything goes

39 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fabulous shaker card Vicki and a pre-made circle sounds like a great idea!! xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW stars in a shaker...that is so cool Vicki!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Shelly said...

Totally SWEET shaker!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

that is a lovely card and they must so happy to have you over there great stamps too
bibiana

jimlynn said...

Cute shaker card and I love those bring and pretty colors. The row of candles at the bottom looks like a celebration is in order! Love your card.
Lynn

Becky said...

What a fabulous shaker card Vicki! Love the colors and I love the confetti. Which would you believe I do not own any :)..Must put this on my list of thing to try.

Donna K said...

Oh my what a festive beauty! So happy, crisp and fun, Vicki! LOVE your shaker design, lady. The bright colors against the white backgrounds are perfect and so pretty! Fabulous work. Happy Monday crafty gal!

Margreet said...

Fabulous make Vicky...love the 'simplicity' and the colors!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

I love your shaker card Vicki..the hot orange is fabulous with the stars inside and love the candle border. I made a shaker the other day for the first time and forgot to add the shaking bits before I stuck it all down..lol..must be the age!!

luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is beautiful what gorgeous zingy colours and I love how you have made it a shaker card, brilliant creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this sensational birthday shaker card, Vicki! An exceptionally fun design!

Sue said...

I love this Vicki, such a fabulous shaker design and the colours are gorgeous.
hugs Sue xx

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome Birthday card, I love the shaker design, the faux stitching and the embossed background. Wonderful bright birthday colors too. Thanks for sharing your designs with us this week.

Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card

Sue said...

What a fun card. Love the shaker style, and the candles look fabulous!

Hugs
Sue

Tammy said...

Love you CAS shaker card, very clever and bright!

Tammy said...

Oh WOW Vicki this is gorgeous!! I love the bright orange colors and the fun shaker design, cute little candles too!!
Hugs, Tammy

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a stunner! Great birthday card!

JD/ Jill said...

You've made a really cute birthday card!

Chasing the Dream said...

Fantastic shaker, beautifully CAS, simply elegant.
Huge
Berni

Davi said...

Awesome shaker card Vicki!! Love the orange :)

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this shaker card, I am eager to make one but haven't as yet....will you keep me inspired.xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Tracey said...

Absolutlely fabulous shaker card Vicki, I love the bright colours :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Patti J said...

Wowsa, what a fun Birthday card, Vicki! Sweet Stamps is so lucky to have you, my friend!!! Hope you're having fun! Hugs...

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love this shaker! Your colors are just so cheery- and I love the pop of color around the shaker- and the sentiment on the inside of the shaker- that is a cool idea! We are blessed to have you with us this month!

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, stunning shaker card, beautiful! Ruby x

Holly Young said...

this is really cute, and shaker cards are always so much fun. Love the color you used too!

MiamiKel said...

Super duper fun, Vicki! Love the bling! ♥

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a cute shaker card.
Caroline xxx

Céline said...

Congrats Vicki!
totally love this card
hugs
céline

Beth said...

love the shaker GF and the card is just to cute congrat's on a new design team well deserved.
Hugs

Becca Cruger said...

Oh so sweet! I just love this adorable little shaker with it's row of festive candles!

crafty-stamper said...

Great shaker card love the embossed background and candle border
Carol x

nwilliams6 said...

So fun and festive! I see you are driven to oranges lately - love it! Great card. Hugz

Asha said...

SO many sweet details on this one, Vicki. Still don't have the courage to attempt another shaker.
hugs, Asha

Monika Reeck said...

Like Asha I never try to make any shaker card..I dont have the tools and the things to make it also I enjoyed ladies who made Shaker card
and yours is sooooo beautiful inside the orange circle with that doily and that candles looks so lovely here Vicki...10 candles in different color...so sweett...I love the bow too and lovely Embossed paper you have..

LOVE LOVE this Vicki..
hugs and miss you

Monika

Erica said...

Great shaker card. Love the sequins.
Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge no. 79, Anything Goes. Join us again soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the shaker - but those candles! Perfection!

Lola said...

So festively fun! I really like how you put your shaker together - especially with the scalloped circle on the bottom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...