"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, February 9, 2015

Sweet Stamps - Guest Designing with a NEW challenge!

Hello friends!
I am continuing on with my February guest design spot for
  Sweet Stamps
They have kindly invited me to join them this month for their fun weekly challenges!

YOU can play along with the challenges too!  You are not required to use their brand of products, but if you DO use them, be sure to put *SS* after your entry name because you will get a second chance at winning a REALLY fabulous prize from them!
Click the badge below to go straight to their blog where they have plenty of inspiration & challenges:

So for today's new challenge this week, the theme is:
"Pink, White + one other Color"

I love this color combo and I thought it was great because if you are still making Valentine cards, this is great for that, but you could also choose to do something else if you want.  So I decided to create a different type of creation using these colors:
I have made a card using the "chalkboard" technique by stamping the flowers from the beautiful Sweet Stamps Fancy Flowers Set #1 and embossed them on black card stock along with another one embossed on white card stock.  I embossed them all with white embossing powder.  (The flower that was embossed on white card stock was gone over with pink ink which resists the embossed image and shows through.  I popped that one up with foam tape over top of the other white embossed flowers and cut off the parts that were hanging over the edge of the black panel.

The sentiment came from a cut piece on my Cricut machine. I used the negative part of it and sponged it on the black card stock with white ink so that it looked like a chalk marking.  I took my white gel pen and drew lines around the edge of the black card panel.  I used a sponge and went over the black card stock to give it a bit more "chalkboard" look to it.
I mounted this on a pink A2 sized card base and took some liquid pearls to fill the center of the flowers.

For some reason the light really bounced off this card when I was trying to take a photo of it and I have to say that it looks so awesome IRL!  (Of course it always seems that way! LOL!)

I thought that this would make a really nice Mother's Day card or basically any type of general or "thinking of you" card would work too!

So what do you say?!  Are you ready to get your colors out and play along?!
Would love to see what you come up for this challenge!  Be sure to check out the other inspiration on the blog and go see the beautiful creations from the design team!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter:
1.  Fab 'N' Funky - Hearts and/or Flowers

2.  {Cupcake Inspirations} - flowers


34 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Vicki what a beautiful creation, the colours are so striking, I love how you have created that background, those flowers are so pretty, I really love this, super, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Stef H said...

this is beautiful. i think the light "bouncing off" it adds to the beauty.

enjoy these temps, we're headed for the deep freeze come thurs. ugh!

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hey Vicki I get to come back and have another look at this beautiful card and to thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week,
hugs
lorraine x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful!!!! I love the technique, and just love the Black/White + pink!

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card

Lisa S. said...

I love this Vicki! The colors with the white stamped flowers just pop. :)

Margreet said...

Awesome creation with those striking colors, Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So beautiful, love the colors.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous chalkboard design for Sweet Stamps, Vicki! I love it!

Shelly said...

So pretty! Love the chalkboard technique!

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful colors, Vicki, and I love how you created the chalkboard technique...awesome design!!!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Vicki, I love, LOVE that chalkboard background you created! Those flowers are gorgeous!! What a fabulous design!

MiamiKel said...

A simply gorgeous card, Vicki - a perfect combination of style and color! I'm sorry I havnt' been visiting - hopefully the worst of our stuff is over and it's back to crafting life! :) Have a blessed day!

Sarah said...

This is amazing Vicki, I love the chalky effect xx

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki!! I love all of the stamped flowers and the fabulous chalkboard technique! Gorgeous color combo too!
Hugs, Tammy

jimlynn said...

Beautiful!! I love the chalkboard technique and you nailed it on this. Those flowers are so pretty and love the big sentiment too.
Lynn

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki, such an effective design and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Becky said...

This is a pretty color combo and pretty card too..:)

Julia Aston said...

A lovely chalkboard design with the white and pink colors Vicki!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the solitary pink flower, wonderful focal point!

Tina said...

beautiful car...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Sue said...

Beautiful, love that shade of pink and the chalkboard design is wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

Beth said...

Oh wow girlfriend this is stunning you are so talented just love your work.
Hugs

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the chalkboard technique you used in your design and how the pink flower pops against the black background. Thanks for sharing your design this week, looking forward to what you have in store for us next time.

Donna K said...

There's something so romantic about your chalkboard design, Vicki! Wonderful colors and the softness of the smudges makes this a perfect Valentine or even anniversary/wedding card. I love your versatile style!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Fabulous!!! I love the chalkboard look you've created!

Judith said...

Hi Vicki this is so pretty - i just love the chalkboard effect - thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs judith x
ps I have happy candy onmy blog if you would like to visit me x

Nina Dee said...

Wow! Such a cute card! I love it! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Nance E Salkeld said...

Fabulous chalkboard card with the pink flower embossed too! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you join us again!

Jessi Fogan said...

Photographs are tricky things - it never seems like they capture the true look of a card! Love the chalkboard technique here :)

Deepti said...

Wow! Love the chalkboard look

Indy said...

Oh love the chalkboard effect! Such a lovely card! So glad you were inspired by our flowers theme challenge at Cupcakes Inspirations!
Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie

Monika Reeck said...

That looks like a rael chalkboard Vicki sooo lovely and I adore black and pink on your card..lovely color combo and I love love love your chalkbord I must try this too....hugs, Monika

Asha said...

So beautiful and very very classy! LOVE the chalkboard look!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...