"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Addicted to Stamps & More ANYTHING GOES!

Good evening friends!!
Here to share my DT creation with you for
Addicted to Stamps & More

The new challenge this week can't get any easier with "ANYTHING GOES!"

Our sponsor this week is one of my faves too!!  Lawn Fawn is giving away a very special prize to one lucky winner!!  So be sure to play along with us this week for your chance at an awesome prize!
Of course you know I'm going to pull out my fun LF stash to create!!  Here's what I've done:
So as I've mentioned earlier this month, I wanted to concentrate on making cards for children with an "up-lifting" type of theme.  The charity that I donate to mentioned being low on masculine/male type of cards, so I thought this would be a good one to pass on! :)

I have pulled out this fun Lawn Fawn bon voyage with coordinating die cuts.  I thought little boys would like the airplane idea!  The plane was stamped on some decorative paper I had in my stash and I die cut it out and colored the windows with a white gel pen and the other parts of the plane with my glitter gel pen.  I have also used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Square dies for my layout design.  The arrows are from another Lawn Fawn die set called Stitched Journaling Card.  The sentiment is also from Lawn Fawn.  It was a "freebie" they gave me with an order. :)

I have stamped the clouds from the set and embossed them over vellum with white embossing powder.  They are glued to my layout design along with the arrows.  The two bottom stitched squares along with the plane are popped up with foam tape.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I've also sponged a bit of white ink on the background of my design to make it look like a cloudy sky.

Hopefully this will help put a smile on a little boy's face!! :)
Thanks so much for stopping in, I do appreciate your visit!  Please be sure to check out the challenge blog to see what my other very talented team-mates have come up with for inspiration!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
The Male Room - sketch

Simon Says Stamp - Things that Fly

42 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

As I see the sketch I knew its from TMR and you did it so sweeet love that cloud and little aeroplane cute boys card Vicki..luv the colors too....good luck my friend..hugs.Monika

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun and so much attention to detail. Great card. Sarah x

Neets B said...

Brilliantly put together. And I always forget about stamping on patterned paper, that plane looks great on that paper! Awesome card for a little boy x

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love this card - great layout (thought I recognised it), super colours and I do like the dimension on the plane too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, good luck with the DT Call. xx

Patti J said...

I noticed your cloudy sky right away,many read every word to see what patterned paper you used...and you made it yourself! What an absolutely delightful card! Some little boy is going to love this! Thanks for sharing, and for letting me know about the challenge...I don't have any Lawn Fawn! Hugs...

Lee-Anne said...

Love what you did with the sketch, Vicki! That softly sponged background is the perfect backdrop for the plane!

cheiron said...

This is such a great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous masculine color palette and design, Vicki! I love the airplane with the arrows and how you placed vellum behind the clouds...very cool!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cute - love how you used that sketch! FAb clouds!

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Great take on sketch and a fabulous boy's card . Love all the detail .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fun and precious card Vicki! Great colors, dies and take on the sketch. Love the paper-piecing.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am so loving this cute card- love the square elements as your backdrop, the clouds of vellum and love the airplane on DP. Such a wonderful card for a lil guy!

Wei said...

Super cute card! Love the sweet vellum cloud and the great layout you used!

Tanja said...

love the colors, the layout and the vellum clouds - such a cute card

Sue said...

This is fabulous Vicki. I love the design and colours, the vellum clouds look wonderful. Such a great way to use the sketch too.
hugs Sue xx

sandie said...

Fab use of dimension and such a fun card for a boy x

Sarah said...

Such a brilliantly thought out card Vicki and I love your colour choice, perfect for a little chap xx

Julie B said...

This is such a fab card Vicki, love the colours you chose and the vellum embossed clouds. :)

Olga said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Karen Mead said...

Your card is awesome Vicki and I love the cool design:) Hugs xx

SonjaK said...

Oh, this is so cute Vicki! Love all the different layers, the patterned paper, the colors, the stitched edges, the vellum clouds, the chevrons... Gee, I just can't stop it seems. To cut things short: This card is brilliant!

Pollard Carole said...

It certainly will put a smile on anyone's face not just a boy Its a gorgeous design I just love it love and hugs Carole x

Rahmat said...

What a cool design, I particularly love the clouds! very cool indeed.

Patricia St Martin said...

Perfect little guy card, great job, all the elements are wonderful. I fine boy and guys cards easy to make but a lot of people do not this is wonderful of you to do this. This is nice and simple but I love the layout you did. Feel good sentiment. The creativity here is so nice and thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Pat

Tammy said...

Terrific muscular themed card, great for any age too! Love the airplane!

coldwaters2 said...

This is terrific male themed card Vicki love those die cuts you have used also the fab design, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

cm said...

Vicki, your card is simply fabulous for this challenge and especially the Male Room! Hope you added *DT* to your submission! Knock-out!
~c

Sue said...

Love your colours and layout, Vicki, stunning card!

Céline said...

oh so fun, love the design
hugs
céline

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that little paper pieced airplane and your gorgeous clouds! Perfect card for a little boy!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

Oh soooo cute!!!! The vellum cloud is pure GENIUS!!! Love it.
hugs, Asha

Lola said...

Everything about this is just precious. So well balanced.

Donna said...

Great colors, images, perfect guy card!

Louise van Vuren said...

Ooohh I DO like this! It is fresh looking, CAS and a great take on the sketch, even the sentiment is perfect for a little guy. Good luck with the DT call, looking forward to seeing your second card. Thanks for playing at The Male Room
Louise xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh so adorable, I love this!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card perfact card for a little boy and love the dies
carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

This is terrific.

Dana said...

Wow! I LOVE this! The layout is fabulous, i love the clouds, squares and chevrons!! The colors are perfect for uplifting a boy or young man!

Shona Chambers said...

I can just imagine the smile on a little boys face receiving this card..its awesome!! I'm terrible with masculine cards, must challenge myself to make more!

Jessi Fogan said...

So utterly adorable!!!!

Beth said...

What a fun card would be perfect for a little boy.....awesome work Vicki.
Hugs

Beth said...

What a fun card would be perfect for a little boy.....awesome work Vicki.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...