"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Good Luck with Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello friends!!
Hope you are having a great week so far!  I sure have been enjoying this lovely Spring-like weather we have going on right now...I sure hope it lasts! I'm so ready to see those flowers come up! :)

**A note:  It seems that I'm not receiving all of my e-mail for some reason...some of it is not coming through!  So if you've sent me an e-mail and I've not responded, I am NOT ignoring you, I just didn't get it!  I noticed this because there are some people that have left comments, but I never received it through my e-mail.  I have no idea what's happened!**

So I'm here to share my creation with you for the new challenge up over at
TUESDAY THROWDOWN

The theme for this week is a perfectly fitting "Good Luck" theme!
I think this is a good one for various designs, so we can't wait to see what you come up with!
Here's what I've made for my DT creation:
I've used this really gorgeous image (Reach the Starsgenerously provided by our sponsor this week from The Paper Shelter.  So be sure to play along for your chance to win a fun prize from them!

I have printed out this image twice on my computer and used my LF stitched square die cut to cut out one image and then I colored in the other image and fussy cut around the fairy, cloud and net in addition to the large star she's trying to capture in her net.  I popped out those images over the first image for dimension.  I've added some glitter to her wings and some of the stars.  The image was colored with my Copic markers and portions of the image were colored with my gold gen pen.
This card measures 4 - 1/4" square so that it fits inside an A-2 sized envelope.

The sentiment comes from Whimsy Stamps and I've die cut that out with my LF stitched circle die and then used some green ink to sponge around the edges of it.  I've also colored the stars on this image with the gold gel pen as well as went over it with some yellow shimmer chalks.  I attached it to the edge of the main panel and cut off a portion that was sticking out where I didn't want.

I thought this would be a good graduation card for someone and I have a couple of them coming up this May...so it never hurts to be prepared early! :)  My son is one of those that is graduating and I need to make up some things for that as well!

Be sure to check out all of the inspiration for this challenge over on the Tuesday Throwdown blog and be sure to join us in the fun...and "Good Luck"!!! :)
Thanks so much for checking in here today!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Special Lady/Girl
4 Crafty Chicks (4CC236) - Green
Simply Create Too - St. Patrick's Day or use mostly green
2015 World Wide Open DT Challenge (during month of March)
Use Your Stuff - Monochromatic (the sentiment circle is a stamp I've had for years)
Get Creative - Must Have Green in Project

65 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a sweet image coloured so beautifully. I love the way you have layered her up and the added sparkle looks wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

She is adorable Vicki and you have picked a perfect sentiment...a good reminder to us all!! xx

Pollard Carole said...

I love this its so sweet and what a perfect sentiment its all gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

Inkyfingers said...

This is lovely Vicki and your colouring skills are fabulous! Love that sentiment too.
Hugs
Carol x

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card

Donna K said...

This is absolutely magical, Vicki. I love this sweet image and wonderful sentiment. You've outdone yourself again here. Amazing little card. Have a super day today! xx Donna K

Davi said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki!! Love the way you cut her out, really looks as if she is floating among the stars!! It certainly would make a wonderful graduation card ;) Hey I have that problem with my notifications not coming to my email to, its a sporadic problem!!

Becky said...

This is a delightful image and a wonderful card.

silverpaws1000 said...

Lovely thanks for joining the world wide challenge -Carol DT x

Asha said...

Oh so cute, Vicki. I love your colouring. She's angelic!
hugs, Asha

STASIA SLOMA said...

love your cards! great job! Thank you for taking the Stampin' Royalty challenge!

Jacqueline said...

And forgot to say: I LOVE those sparkling wings! :)
Hugs, Jacqueline

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! So sweet and pretty, I love all the sparkle :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Danni said...

Very pretty card! Made me smile!

Beth said...

Wow what a beautiful little fairy love love love it....gorgeous colors and image.
Hugs

Leanne said...

Of course Vicki this is so beautiful. Love the fairy, and the 3D aspect of this card. Awesome job. Great coloring. Sparkle too! Thanks for playing our Green Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Cheers
Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Such a beautifully designed card for an equally beautiful sentiment! She is adorable with her sparkly fairy wings. Have an amazing day, Vicki!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so cute! Nicely done! I like the added bling!

Tammy said...

WOW this is beautiful Vicki! I love that image and the added dimension, gorgeous sparkle too!!
Big hugs, Tammy

CraftyGirl said...

Wow, love how you have punched out the star and made them sparkle as well as those very sparkly wings. How did you get the sew marks so straight? You Rock!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your DT Sister at Tuesday Throwdown
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, I love the image and the stars, fabulous scene.

I don't always get an email with the comments left either, so annoying!

Irene Watson said...

beautiful Vicki! I love the bling and the green! Such a cheerful card. xx

Annette Stapylton said...

So beautiful.
Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
Annette DT Leader

Lola said...

She is so pretty and you are right that it would make a great graduation card.

Tammy said...

Such a sweet image and I've love how you've colored it! Fabulous card and great for a graduate!

Scrap World da Leo said...

Very beautiful.
Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
Good Luck!
Eleonora DT

Shelly said...

This is so pretty, Vicki! Love the colors and touch of glitter!

Donna said...

This is just adorable, cute image and beautiful coloring and showcasing of her!

Holly Young said...

This is just so precious! I love the image and your soft coloring. The sparkle on the stars is perfect!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such an adorable card Vicki!
It really takes me back to my childhood!
THank You~

Patti J said...

That happened to me a few weeks ago, and my emails were going to spam! Beautiful card, Vicki - you are so talented :) Hugs!!!

Sue said...

Sweet card, Vicki, and the sentiment is perfect for this sweetie standing on a cloud catching stars. Glitter looks great too.

Hugs
Sue

CaroleAnn said...

This is such a unique image and I love all the 3D embellishments you did with it! Like the shading around the image and stars too!!!

Michelle Windsor said...

This is such a sweet card thank you for entering the 2015 world wide open DT challenge
Michelle DT

Chasing the Dream said...

This is so darn cute, she reminds me of the Status of Liberty holding the light. But this beauty is among the stars in the galaxy. Beautiful colors and composition. Sweetly done my luv.
Hugs
Berni

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty. I love the cute fairy and all the sparkle.

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. What a fun image and you've colored it perfectly.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- the dimension is great! The image is darling and love your coloring. I also love the shimmer you added!

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
your card is incredibly beautiful! the little angel is adorable!

sending big hugs
Regina

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki. Just love the fox stitching around the edges and the sparkly touches on her wings. Sorry for being slack with commenting of late xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely designed creation, the image is delightful and the colours are stunning. xx {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

MiamiKel said...

What a fun-tastic card, Vicki! She's a beauty! A perfect card for a variety of occasions ♥

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Oh, I just love your card! Awesome coloring!! ooo la la!!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki! Stunning! Love the sparkle. Your coloring is amazing and I adore the sentiment. :-D

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Vicki & I love the sparkle :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Patricia St Martin said...

She is so cute and love the sparkles. You colored her beautifully.
Hugs, Pat

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful coloring and fussy cutting! Love the added dimension from popping her up!

Sue Hickey said...

Lovely card thank you for entering our 2015 world wide open design team challenge Sue DT xx

sweet art designs said...

Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Céline said...

so so beautiful !! love the colors and beautiful image
hugs
céline

Becca Cruger said...

My goodness Vicki! I love this! It's probably one of my favorite designs you've ever made!!! I love the sweetness of this design and the sparkly wings just put it over the top. Gorgeous!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is beautiful I love that wonderful image and the added sparkle, the colours and design are superb I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful decoupaged image and love the sparkly wings and stars
Carol x

Bonnie said...

This is such a sweet image, Vicki! Love the soft greens!

Kim said...

This is gorgeous! The image is adorable. Love the beautiful and glittery details and the yellow shading makes the stars pop :-)

Majo said...

Such a cute creation! Thanks for much for taking up our Monochromatic challenge at Use Your Stuff!

Hugs
DT Majo

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a beautiful card.. wonderfully sweet image. Your coloring is great and I love those sparkly wings.

Daen'Ys said...

This is a really nice card! Love the beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.
Rosi x

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vickiiii I am number 59 at commenting yaay you are like a rock star my friend you have many fans...I am happy to be one of them..I adore this ..the coloring the star and the glitter and that sweet clour under her ..oh so sweet Images and clever use all of the green colors...great card as always Vicki and I luv much this cutie pie..hugs, Monika

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a gorgeous design Vicki. fantastic details, love those, cute image, and great colors. Love it!
Huggies!!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

She's just precious! I love the perfect glow around her, and those sparkly wings :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow she is just gorgeous!!! I love the touch of glitz on her wings!

Julie Gleeson said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing at the 2015 World DT Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

Sharon said...

Stunning card Vicki. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenges xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like your design,Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge, Good Luck Kevin DT xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...