"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Good Luck!

Top 'O the morning to ya! :)
Well I certainly DO feel lucky today!  We are getting a high temperature here today of 76 degrees!  What?!  We never get such a warm temperature in March...this is unusual for our area and that's what I would call a "Summer High Average" temperature for our area!  I love it because now the buds on the trees are coming out and everything is warmed up nicely!

So in the spirit of "LUCK", I thought I'd share a card I made:
When I saw this CUTE fellow from Sami Stamps I thought he would be so much for nice "good luck" style of card!  He was actually a FREEBIE for this month, so go check that out!
He's called "Lucky Leprechaun".

I colored him in with my Copic markers and tried to match the colors up with my card stock.  (Of course it looks a bit different in the photo than it does IRL.)  I used my gold gel pen to color in the buckles on his hat and outfit.  I also put a few gold "dots" on the clover on his hat.
I used my stitched circle die to cut him out which also cut off the end of the clover he was holding, but this turned out OK, because I fussy cut out the clover and popped it up with it hanging outside the circle.  I've used some gold card stock for the "buckle" design on my card.  I just took a strip and cut the ends of it and rounded the center point to make it look like this.

I've used an older SU! stamp set to stamp the background of my Pear Pizzazz panel that was die cut with a stitched square die.  I used the "good luck" sentiment from the set and stamped it to wrap around the circle edge.  (To do this, I cut the words in half since they were red rubber.)  I attached this panel to a Garden Green card base to make a 5"x5" square card.  I finished it with some gold sequins.  This was a fun card to put together too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping in with me today!!
Wishing you a fabulous day and see you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
Sami Stamps - Add Green


Sketch Saturday - sketch


CCEE Stampers (CCEE1511) - GREEN!


Aud Sentiments - Use a TWO WORD sentiment


{Cupcake Inspirations} - "Lucky"


40 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Vickkiiiiii
do you believe me I do love this little man too
I took that freebie too and I took also the bride lady
This is a cuuuteee card from you
now I have to go to my table and make a card using the same sketch like you...
see you soon on my last post hehe
I was so busy making saturday sunday and monday post..hope See Vicki there
and I am comentator number one yuuuhhuu

Hugs

Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Me again lucky you that you have clover stamp me I dont have but I have puncher one maybe I can sponging at the background let me see..hugs...Monika

Margreet said...

Love your cute card with that funny man...great coloring!
xxx Margreet

Tammy said...

OMGosh Vicki, that Leprechaun is sooo cute!! Fabulous coloring and I love the touches of gold!
Big hugs, Tammy

Becca Cruger said...

Even leprechauns have beards now a days!! Hipster leprechauns! :D You did a great job coloring him up and I'm glad you are enjoying some warm weather, too! It's nice!

alexandra s.m. said...

AWWWW...this has to be the most adorable St Patrick's Day card EVER Vicki! Love your coloring as well!
Thank You~

Chrissy said...

Cute little leprechaun Vicki and fabulous colouring. Love the stamped background clovers..too cute.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

He's adorable Vicki and coloured beautifully.Love the four leaf clover stamped background to xx

Amy Ottmers said...

He's so cute, perfect for our theme!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT Sweetie

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh that shading just rocks! He is so fun!

Ann said...

oh my that is just gorgeous - Ilove the image and the colouring is perfect. A fabulous card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
Ann xxx

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Such a cute leprechaun! Love those gold sequins scattered like that. And beautiful job coloring him. Enjoy your week!

Sue said...

So gorgeous Vicki, such a fabulous image and wonderful colouring. I love the stamped background and gold sequins too.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Lucky you is right! Our high today was 59 but cloudy and snow is the forecast Friday!!! What a perfectly delightful leprechaun! You've colored the clover so wonderfully, it looks real! !

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I always have a smile on my face when I visit you maybe it is the fabby images you use but ain't he just the cutest, brilliant design work, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

Top 'O The evening to you my friend! We had a beautiful day today also. So it is nice. So we have had some lucky days this passed week. I Milwaukee they celebrate St Patty's day big time and they have a big parade and it was one of the best days full sunny and warm and that never happens here, not this early. I send the spirit of LUCK to you as well, so adorable is your card and we see all the gold flying around with the clover. Hope your week is good.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Kristie W. said...

This is really cute, Vicki! Great coloring/shading on the shamrock. I am incredibly jealous of your high temp! We didn't even hit 40 today, too much wind....maybe next week since it doesn't look promising this week!

Shelly said...

Such a CUTE card, Vicki! Love your coloring! And I'd say lucky indeed!...Let's hope it sticks around for you! ;) Enjoy!

Sue said...

Love hour little Irish lad, Vicki,he is so cute! Wonderful St. Pattys Day Card.

Hugs
Sue

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is adorable! That's a great image! Thanks for sharing. We are lucky too! Had 70 something today, so nice!

Regina said...

Just beautiful card and absolutely perfect!
hugs
Regina

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant as always Vicki. Love the cute design and image along with the fab colour tones used. Did you enjoy the movie Cinderella...xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Becky said...

This is so cute Vicki! Great card.

Donna K said...

This is just too cute, Vicki! What a sweet little leprechaun, he looks almost sassy holding that shamrock! Great card. Wishing you a very happy St. Patty's Day. May the luck of the Irish be with you. xxDonna K

crafty-stamper said...

not so lucky here we have rain!great freebie image and love the little shamrocks on the B.paperand added sequins
carol x

Donna said...

This is adorable, and I like the sparkle of your sequins. So glad you joined Sketch Saturday, I really like their sketches. Take care, Donna

MiamiKel said...

Wonderfully done! Very festive indeed for a spirited day like today :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have to say this is the cutely Irishman I have seen! I love your coloring, and the 3D looking Shamrock he is holding. LOVE!!!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, this is just tooooo cute! I know he's bringing someone good luck. Love the stitching and all the texture. Now, time for me to slip on a DT hat -- I'm so glad to see you entering our "2 Word Sentiment" challenge over at Aud Sentiments. Good luck and come play again soon, won't you?
NanaConnie DT

Sandi said...

Great card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again soon! Sandi Lee DT Sweetie

CaroleAnn said...

Perfect St. Paddy's Day card!! Love the clover popping out - love when what we think was going to me a boo-boo turns out to be a piece of art genius!!! Hugs

Kathy S said...

Hey Vicki - love your St. Patty's Day card and the way it uses the Sketch Saturday layout. He's just so adorable. The gold sequins really adds that "pot of gold" feel. Very clever - as usual!

Lola said...

He sure is a festive little cutie!

Asha said...

Sorry... playing catch-up. He's adorable ad you've done a fab job colouring the little guy. Well done, you!
hugs, Asha

Tina said...

adorable image...such a card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh so cute, went to pick him up and found a poodle image too!

Indy said...

Oh what a delightful St. Patty's Day card! So glad you were inspired to join our Lucky Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you'll join us again tomorrow for our new color challenge!
Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie!

Jessi Fogan said...

Your colouring is absolutely stunning! Look at the shading on that shamrock! Love the corrugated piece :)

Beth said...

cute cute cute my friend.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...