"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, March 6, 2015

KA-POW Super Powers and YUM YUM Cupcake!

Hello friends and a happy Friday to ya!!
This week went by in a whirl wind I was so busy, but I made it to Friday quickly! :)
I have not one, but TWO creations to share today!

I'm excited about my focus on card making this month because my main focus is going to be on cards for children.  There is a special charity on Splitcoast Stampers this month and I want to be able to send some cards that would be fit for the children based on the foundation.

Here's my first card:
This is the first time that I have used this set.  It was one of those Simon Says Stamp exclusive items that you could only get during their STAMP-tember promotions.  It's called "Super Duo" and it was designed by Mama Elephant.  I also got the coordinating dies that go with it.  SO CUTE!

I had certain colors in mind that I wanted to use for this because of a challenge I wanted to play in and then I found some papers and a sketch and that's how this came together basically.
The city scape was stamped in Slate Gray at the bottom white panel and then I used the matching die cut and cut out the city scape to layer over top of it.  I embossed the sentiment in that "power bubble" area and sponged some white ink around the edges.  I also stamped some clouds on the top white panel and sponged some of the same Pool Party ink around the edges of it.  I also die cut some extra clouds to pop up over areas of the design.

I've colored this super hero fellow with my Copic markers and popped up the top portion only of him so that it looks like he is flying up into the sky. :)
I used my gold gel pen to color in his belt buckle and star on his chest.  I've also used some foil gold card stock to cut out pieces with the die cuts for added accents on the design.

I think this card turned out so cute!!  I also think it would be something a child would enjoy to help lift up spirits during a difficult time.  Hope this card can help in some way.

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter the above card for:

{Cupcake Inspirations} - celebrating 300th challenge! yay!
For their second challenge, here's the colors they'd like you to use:

Crafty Creations - sketch

Sentimental Sundays - anything goes

Top Tip Tuesday - Use an Action Image

613 Avenue - anything goes

Stampin' Royalty - embossing (heat embossed sentiment)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And now for my second card I thought it would be fun to make it shaped!
I knew I wanted to create a card that had a huge cupcake on it, but I didn't really have any cupcake stamps that were very large in size.  So I went to my Cricut Explore machine and found something really fun to work with!  I cut the shape out twice so that I could make this a folding style shaped card.  I've got it sized so that it fits perfectly in an A2 sized envelope.

I used some papers that I had for the cupcake liner portion and then sponged around the edges of it to give it some dimension.  I also tied a tag (from a really old stamp set called Too Terrific Tags that I used to have and my mom had a set...not sure if it used to be mine...but now she gave it to me! LOL!)  Of course I have those tag punches to go with it too and I thought it would be a perfect accent to add to this card!  I embossed the tag image with gold embossing powder and tied it around the cupcake liner paper with gold cord and then added a gold star sequins in the middle of the bow.

And for the "confetti" portion of my card, the "pill looking" confetti was cut by the machine, but I added some pretty colored sequins to the top and then I covered the cherry with my Wink of Stella glitter pen and then went over that with some glossy accents.  Hard to see in the photo, but I couldn't quite get a good shot of it, but it looks so shinny and yummy! :)

So here are some challenges I'd like to enter my Cupcake card for:

{Cupcake Inspirations} - 300th challenge celebration!
(And for this last challenge, they would like to see "confetti" on your design!)

Inkspirational - Sprinkle


Retro Rubber - tags


Just Inspirational (Monthly challenge) - Shaped Card

Clear It Out - Theme: anything goes - Stash:  anything goes

Creative Inspirations - Something Old! (tag stamp and punches is OLD!)

Fab 'N' Funky - Shaped Cards

Cute Card Thursday - Die Cuts & Punches


I hope that you've enjoyed my creations today!!  Thanks so much for dropping in and have a wonderful weekend my friends!! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


67 comments:

Erika Horvathova said...

What a great cards :), both are very nice, and cupcake card is really yummy :D.

Thank you for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges

Erika Paws, DT

Julie B said...

Great cards Vicki, love the super hero one most I think. :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

These are so fun! I love the bright cheery colors on your super hero card, and the cupcake looks delish!!
<3 Emily L.

Sarah said...

A double delight today then Vicki!! Both equally fabulous!! xx

rachel taylor said...

lovely cards thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create Rachel dt

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are so fabulous!

Chrissy said...

Love your little super hero card Vicki. The city scape shadow and die are fabulous and the cup cake card is just plain YUM! and love the sequin sprinkles..

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna K said...

YIKERZ! I saw both of these first thing this morning on FB and squeaked aloud. How adorably cute, Vicki. Hope you have a great weekend that includes some crafty time. xx Donna K

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant cupcake card and love the sequins and cherry on the top--fantastic super hero card love the cute image and layout -great skyline and love the little clouds
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

KA POW card sooo soo cuutee
love all the green there loveky DO and great scene Vicki I adore this

Second card yummyyy the chocolate chips and the sequin look so real and the cherry too I love love love this hmm may I eat it

Today I have a little surgery my teet root the doctor took it out and it still a bit pain on my cheek...
hope Monday will be better

happy weekend my dear friend
hugs
Monika

jimlynn said...

Both are so fun and cute. I think any child would love these. The design on your first card is awesome! Love the stamped clouds too. The second is YUMMY! Fun cards.
Lynn

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fabulous cards, love the fun image on the boys card, a great design too. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
Lorraine DT

Shelly said...

Oh, my! These are sooo CUTE! Love!

Tammy said...

Just love your ka-pow card, super, super cute! And the cupcake card is just adorable and looks good enough to eat!

aussie aNNie said...

This is such an adorable image and a great 'kapwow' card. Adore the cupcake .Have a lovely weekend.
aNNie.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Patti J said...

I always know that if I stop in here, I will leave smiling. What sweet cards today! Your first card is adorable, and yum yum is right! That second card makes me hungry! Thanks for sharing!

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful

Chasing the Dream said...

Hi There, what amazing beauties. Loving the cupcake shape with the sprinkle, so festive. Pow is fun for the kiddos. Sweet and adorable my friend.
Hugs
Berni

Amy Johnson said...

Such fun cards!

Tammy said...

WOW fabulous cards Vicki!! I love that little Super Hero and the fabulous scene you've created! That cupcake card looks good enough to eat! LOL! So cute! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

JD/ Jill said...

Excuse the pun! these cards are so sweet! I'm sure the receiver of these cards will love them!

Nonni said...

Fun shaped card and just perfect for our challenge! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Becky said...

Fabulous cards Vicki, and for such a great cause. That first one is fabulous, love the sentiment and love that delicious cupcake card.

Asha said...

2 very cute cards, Vicki. But because I am a greedy so and so, I'll pick the cupcake as my favourite! Enjoy the weekend, friend.
hugs, Asha

Margreet said...

Love both your cards Vicki....great how you let the little boy 'fly' and that cupcake is too yummy!!
Have a great weekend my friend!
xxx Margreet

Pollard Carole said...

These are brilliant I especially love that boy card the design is just perfect love and hugs Carole x

Stef H said...

good golly! these are fabulous! that superhero is just too cute and i love that cupcake!

did you see or hear the explosion from the train derailment? i sure hope not!

good thing... spring temps on the way!

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Regina said...

what a cool boy card!
sending big hugs
Regina

Donna said...

Those are awesome cards for kids! I think it is so important to use our card making talents for the good of others, great cause!

Nina Dee said...

Wow! Such fabulous cards! I love all the details you have added to make both so perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun for the Cupcakes Inspirations 300th Challenge Celebration! I can't wait to see what you'll create next!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, what fun and fabulous cards for kids. Love them both. Outstanding work, my friend. These are going to bring lots of smiles.

Céline said...

wow so fun guy card
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are adorable cards, Vicki! Love how you have the little super hero flying above the city. How cute! And that cupcake with all the sparkly sequins is fun, fun, fun! :-D

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki these are two fantastic cards what a superb design and theme for the first one and I love the shape of the second, brilliant work.
hugs
lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

I really like the cup cake but your super duo is the best, he is so coo1!!!
Hugs, Pat

CaroleAnn said...

Wow, love both these cards. All the details you put into your cards is amazing. Some child will be delighted to receive your cards. Not sure what the circuit explore is so guess I will be searching that one:) Hugs

Neva Cole said...

Fantastic job with both cards. I do love a shaped card and the tag is a perfect addition. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.... you card is wonderful... a cute boy :-) and lovely design.

Wish you a wonderful day
Hugs Anja

Heather G said...

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations. You did a beautiful job with the sketch. I love cards for children and I know someone will really love to get this card. Beautiful.

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

Thank you for taking part in our JIC challenge, your card is so delightful and delicate,
and is a joy to look at .. good luck hugs tracy

Katy McGloin said...

What a yummy card! Love your sequins as sprinkles! I have the Too Terrific Tags stamp set also... Cannot get rid of stamps for which I purchased the punch, LOL. Thanks again for playing along with RRBC!

Judith said...

Definitely good enough to eat! - great idea and design Vicky - thank you so much fro playing along at Fab'n'funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

Sanja Grdinić said...

Wow, these both are so cool! Love the layout on the first one and shape & sequins on the other. :)
Have an awesome day, Vicki!

Jessi Fogan said...

These are both so different and both so awesome! That little superhero...omg utter adorableness! Love how you popped him up flying! And that cupcake...I just want the cherry on top, swear :)

Holly Young said...

Both of your cards are wonderful Vicki. I love the cupcake one - perfectly done! The super hero one is darling - I love the clouds!

Carrie Rhoades said...

Your little super hero man is so cute! So glad you joined us for our embossing challenge at Stampin' Royalty!

Jane Knudsen said...

Both of these cards are great! But I am going to pick the cupcake. Mainly because you have made me hungry for a cupcake!! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, these are both adorable! What a great kid's card, but the CUPCAKE!!!! AAAAHH! So precious...it looks real, love the sequins, the cherry, love it ALL! Great for the RetroRubber challenge too! Yum!

Beth said...

Gf that cupcake looks good enough to eat....beautifully done.
Hugs

Barbara GR said...

Sweet cards!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs, Barbara GR

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I LOVE This! So super cute!!!

Indy said...

I am just loving your KaPow card! Great use of our color challenge! Than there is your confetti cupcake--darling and scrumptious looking! Thank you so much for joining us for our 300th challenge!
Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie!

Christine Traversa said...

What a yummy card! Love your style! Thanks for doing the challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- loving these card- your super hero is darling! And the cupcake card- so sweet! What great cards for these two kids!

Miriam Prantner said...

That first card is just the perfect take on the sketch! Love the superhero theme, wonderful coloring and gold accents!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a sweet card (pun intended lol)! Love your cupcake all covered in shiny yummyness, too! Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber tag challenge and hope you will be back soon.

Claire Grantham said...

What a lovely card, so fun. Love the sprinkles and the teeny label/tag. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx RRBC DT

Lola said...

Both are adorable. I noticed right away that your super hero was popped up only on the first half - provides great dimension. And LOVE the sequins on the frosting!! Perfect way to embellish your cupcake.

Becca Cruger said...

How freakin adorable is that super hero card?! And your cupcake shaped card looks good enough to eat!

kellyscreativecorner.com said...

Vicki your cupcake is scrumptious! It's great that you always play with us at the Retro Rubber Blog Challenges! I love your cards!

Alycia said...

I love both these creations! Thank you so much for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations 200th Challenge Celebration. :) -Alycia

Eva Ng said...

Lovely & cute cards. Loving it! Thank you for sharing with us in 300th Challenge for Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Darnell J Knauss said...

Two fabulously fun cards, Vicki, and way to rock the challenges!! A girl after my own heart!! Congratulations on your Fab Five honor from Retro Rubber!! Hugs, Darnell

Samantha said...

2 brilliant cards love the image for the first one, and the colours too!
Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so awesome! I love the little ka pow card! so fun!

Anna Jasiolek said...

This is such a creative take on our sketch, thank you for joining and having fun with us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Good luck in the draw and don't forget to come back tomorrow for a brand new challenge!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...