"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Progressively Getting Closer to Easter!

Hello friends!
Happy weekend!!  Hope you've enjoyed your week so far!
I am really ready for the weekend and I'm really ready for warmer weather!
Hopefully this is the last "cold" day we have for a long while!  It's supposed to start warming up a bit into the 60 degree temps this next week!  I can't wait! :)  Then the flowers start popping up and Easter will "progressively" find us!

Speaking of "Progressive", I wanted to participate with the From the Heart Progressive monthly challenge for March and I think it's such a cute image...especially for Easter too!
I especially love those happy bright colors for Easter and Spring!  I thought a yellow would really bring out the images here!  (That bunny is too cute!)  This is a From the Heart image called Easter Trio and it's apart of the March monthly progressive challenge on their blog.  I thought it would be fun to play along with!  I like how you could take apart the images if you wanted.
I've colored the image with Copic markers and then I've also colored part of the Easter Egg with glitter gel pens which is hard to see in the photo.  But it adds a nice shimmer to the colored egg.
I've popped up the trio image panel onto some magenta colored card stock that I've attached a punched border edge too with a yellow strip of cardstock going between the two layers.
The sentiment is also from this same digital set printed out on yellow card stock that I made into my card base.
I've also added some shimmer to the flowers with my Wink of Stella glitter pen.

Now that I have a moment to relax while I do the weekly laundry today, I will come around to see what you've all been up to now! :)  Thanks so much for hanging in there with me this week and I hope you've enjoyed everything that I've shared!
Have a beautiful weekend my friends!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

I'd like to add this card to the following challenges:
From the Heart Progressive Monthly challenge:


Challenge Up Your Life - Easter:


The Pink Elephant (TPE291) - photo inspiration:

Simply Create Too - Anything Goes

35 comments:

Olga said...

I love it, snowing outside, won't last but still, it's Spring!!!! I wanta see flowers!!!!

Penny Odell said...

Vicki, what a beautiful Easter card. I absolutely love the way you colored your images.

Tammy said...

Oh what a gorgeous Easter card Vicki! I love that image and the bright colors!!
Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Dori Shelton said...

Love the images and the colors you used for your card! It's very pretty!

Pollard Carole said...

Just delightful this is a fab image I just love it probable one of the nicest Easter stamps I've seen perfect love and hugs Carole x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It is a great freebie for the progressive challenge. And I too especially love the bunny I love all your bright Spring colors. Enjoyed the entire read.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Lovely colouring, it's a gorgeous card, thank you for playing with Simply Create Too.

Love and hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Vicki love the images and the purple background it shows them up lovely.
hugs
lorraine x

Shelly said...

This is such a fun and sweet card! Love that little bunny face!

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
great Easter card, and super images.
Love the fab yellowy gold colour of the card stock.
When I think of Easter cards I always think of yellow, and purple together.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Vicki, I love the sweet image and beautiful colours.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Vicki. You did a great job bringing this wonderful image to life with fabulous coloring. Great Easter card!

Marj said...

This is a super cute card. Thanks for sharing!

alexandra s.m. said...

I adore your card Vicki! and your coloring is fantastic!!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Easter card!

It's COLD here, and they are calling for snow flurries tomorrow, and I that is ALL that it is. I am tired of snow, and tired of COLD weather...smile...
Hope you have a great weekend, and keep "warm"
Jill <---who is going to go get a cup of warm coffee now...

Tammy said...

Well done! Love the gorgeous Easter colors you used, especially the purple!

Monika Reeck said...

Cuttee Ilage
Great coloring
Love all the pastel.color you put here and very sweet Easter card my friend..
In Munich again cold...I need my warm hat if I go out side from home...not funny..I love warm n sunny weather...I miss my Indonesia hehehe...big hugs and happy weekend Vicki...
~Monika~

Monika Reeck said...

I mean Cute Image...writing from my mobile phone make me typpo...I am sorry :)

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed creation with wonderful colours to compliment everything here.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jessa Feig said...

Wow Vicki, your card is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing your amazing talent over at Challenge up your life and good luck!
Jessa

Tracey said...

I love this Vicki, it's so fresh & perfect for Easter/Spring :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Céline said...

fabulous, love the combo and cute stamps
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Just a darling set. Love the spring colors. That is a really nice set. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Donna said...

Sweet image, perfect colors and design, so fresh and springy!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That Easter Trio is so cute.

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally and utterly adorable! Your colouring is just fantastic :)

Sue said...

Awww, sweet. Love the image and your coloring of it is awesome. So nice to see flowers and chicks and all things Spring, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is SO stinkin' cute! Love it, dear friend - thanks for sharing :)

cm said...

Adding my cheers and applause to the others, Vicki - this is one phenomenally adorable card! The framed images are soooo adorable! Pure delight! Thank you for sharing this Easter gem in The Pink Elephant gallery!
~c (TPE Guest Designer)

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Vicki sorry I have been so long visiting your blog as still sharing the computer and looking after grandchildren as both parent working full time have even been late with a couple of DT cards but thank you for still commenting on my blog have looked at all your cards I have missed and love the cute dinosaur one and great Easter card -hopefully can catch up over the next couple of days but like treading in treacle loland now school holidays aaahhh
Carol x

Margreet said...

So lovely and a gorgeous lay-out!
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

Such a pretty card, my friend. Love the bright colours. Check ut the photo-bomber in the middle!
hugs Asha

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet trio of images! Great card, can't believe Easter is Sunday!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

beautiful coloring on the images, and perfect for Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...