"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, March 2, 2015

Spring Coffee Break

Hello friends!!  Welcome to March...finally!
Although there is still snow on the ground and the temps are still cold, I am feeling that Spring is just around the corner and I'm very excited about that! :)
I heard some birds chirping this morning while I was sipping my coffee and it was very pleasant!

As I start this post, I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for your kind thoughts on my last post!  I really appreciate the warm support and up-lifting comments! :)
I've decided that you are all right...this is supposed to be FUN and I'm going to do what I think is fun and exactly what my whole blog is supposed to be about..."stamp smiles"...so I am!

One of those "things" that are happy and fun for me is my coffee!...every morning and can't live without it!  I know several people that are not coffee fans, so think of tea, hot cocoa or whatever warms your fancy!  What can you pair with that to make it even more fun?  SPRING!
Of course I wanted to join along the fun with the
I played along with the Holiday Coffee Lovers blog hop and the one before that when I first discovered it, so of course I'm going to join in the fun once again with this one! :)


So I found a beautiful color combo that I thought were really awesome Spring-like colors and then a sketch and another fun celebration to join along in and I had my card planned!  So here's what I've come up with for it:
So one of the sponsors for this blog hop is Paper Smooches and I always think of this set I have called Hot Concoctions and thought it would be perfect for this!  (It has a little flower in that set that reminds me of those cherry blossom trees!  Yum....cherry blossom coffee anyone?!)

I stamped the coffee cup, colored it with my Copics and added some white dots to the mug with my white gel pen.  The "whip cream" was glittered up with Stickles and I stamped and colored the little flower and popped it up over the coffe mug.  I've placed a hot pink candy dot in the center of it.
I took the "hello" sentiment from the PS Chit Chat set and embossed it on my green panel with white EP and made it into a banner popped up over the card.

Here is a closer look at the details:
Lastly the pink panel was stamped with that same flower and I added a few clear sequins for a bit more added sparkle.

I think they are trying to reach over 300 entries this time and I know there are over 250 right now, so if you haven't played along, check it out!  There are tons of prizes!  I just enjoy seeing what others come up with for the theme! So fun!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!!  Hope your day is fabulous!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card in:

CAS Colors & Sketches: sketch


Color Throwdown (ctd331) 


{Cupcake Inspirations} - sparkle!
and check out their 300th challenge celebration!


Paper Smooches SPARK - anything goes!


CAS on Sunday - "Girl Power"

73 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love everything about your gorgeous card! I love the kraft paper, the pinks and green and that adorable cup with whipped cream. Makes me want some hot chocolate!

Sarah said...

Can't do without my morning coffee Vicki!! LOVE your card and the sparkle on the cream is perfect!! xx

Jerrie said...

Looks wonderful Vicki!

Sue said...

Vicki, cute card, pretty colors too.

Hugs
Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
I too can't do without my 2 cups of coffee in the mid morning.
I have a proper coffee machine, and have mine black with no sugar.
I love to try different coffee shops too to see if their coffee stands up to my tastes.
I still drink tea also though at least 2 or 3 cups a day.
I also love herbal teas too as I can't take caffine in the evening.
Well I've wottled on too much again.
Your card is very spring and fresh looking.
Love the pink stamped flowers, and that coffee cup is wonderful.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

VanessaB said...

so adorable!

Tammy said...

Nothing better than to start the day with coffee and end it was a cold beer! Love you can and the sweet coffee cup!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Pretty card. Love how you used the flower from your background on the cup. TFS

Shelly said...

Totally super SWEET card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty Vicki-a great card to send to a friend and I love the sparkly whipped cream

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the pretty coffee cup, beautiful colours and wonderful design.
Hugs Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Prettiest little cup of coffee ever! Love the shine on here too. Great design and a pretty, pretty card! I'm not a coffee drinker at all, but could probably handle it if it looked like this.
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

hey I love that glittery coffe creme on your card and cute mug in pink and did you stamp that flowers oh sooo sweeet and combo green pink and kraft is adorable Vicki
love love this much
Thanks for your all lovely words..hugs, Monika

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sweet card - love the sparkle you added! You have some fabulous stamps!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card, nicely done! I can't start my day unless I have a cup of coffee first!!!!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Nice coffee card. Pretty little mug. Perfect touch with the sparkles on the cream. Well done, Vicki! So happy to hear that you'll be continuing to blog. Enjoy your week!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Holly Young said...

Love the pink and green combination with the kraft. The glitter and sequins are such fun embellishments!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...love the colors.

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so so pretty! I love the sparkle on top of it!

Nina Dee said...

Loving this card! You do an amazing job of combining challenges! Thanks so much for joining in the fun for the Cupcakes Inspirations 300th Challenge Celebration!

Indy said...

Oh what a super fun card! Love the added sparkle! Thank you so much for joining us for our 300th challenge! Our 2nd celebration challenge starts tomorrow, hope you'll link up more of your great work!
Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a perfect creation for the spring coffee lovers bloghop. Awesome details and color choices, Vicki. Good Luck!

Ann said...

Love that cute little cup on the kraft paper.

~amy~ said...

This is super sweet! LOVE the colors!
Thanks for joining in the fun♡

Kara Lynne said...

I love that bright cup and the glitter! Sweet card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this sweet coffee card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Brandi R said...

LOVE that mug!!!! Gorgeous card ♥

Becky said...

What a cute card Vicki! Love that cup, so cute.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki...your card is fantastic.... love your styling... It`s great.

Hugs Anja

Anja Curvers said...

Wow this is such a cute and fantastic card Vicki really love it. The colors the design everything. TFS.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and gorgeous colours here.xx


{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jane said...

Loving the sparkly cream on your morning coffee hit. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Pollard Carole said...

Just gorgeous love that cupcake a fab design Love and hugs Carole x

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! I love the little touch of glitter you added to the foam on the latte!

kellyjean said...

So adorable!

Donna said...

This is a fabulous card, as always! I like the pink cup. I am on my second cup of coffee as I type this, a necessity in life!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very sweet card, Vicki!

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is so sweet! Your cards always make me smile. I simply want to reach out and touch them all! Thanks for sharing :)

Tammy said...

This is so cute Vicki! I love that little cup of coffee and all of the sparkle! I love my coffee too! :)
Hugs, Tammy

Nancy Carroll said...

So very pretty, awesome colors and design.

Patricia H. said...

Hi Vicki! Your cute coffee-themed take on our sketch looks great in the colors you chose! Super job combining the challenges. I'm so glad you made CAS Colours & Sketches one of them! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

Beth said...

I'm with you Vicki spring has got to be right around the corner and your card just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....love it.
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love to see your wonderful CAS style cards Vicki and this one is no exception, love the colours and that cuppa with the sprinkle of sparkly sugar looks very delicious.
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

really stunning
hugs
céline

Lola said...

One of my favorite color combos, and I'm a huge coffee fan! Fab card!!

Julia Aston said...

Love the glittery foam! a great card for all of these challenges!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Hello! Adorable cup of coffee and I love how you used this sketch and the colors. Yes, Have fun! And yes, no one talks to me in the morning til I've had at least half a cup, lol.

Nance E Salkeld said...

Adorable coffee cup with it's sparkly foam! So cute! Thanks for joining our 300th Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful color combo! Love pink- and I am a tea drinker : ) Love the glimmery foam- would give me a sparkly smile for the day!

Asha said...

LOVE these pretty spring colours against the kraft.
hugs, Asha

Sylvia said...

Pretty card, Vicki, love that little cup of goodness! Pretty colors as well! Happy Wednesday and happy hopping!

Happy Dance said...

If this card doesn't hurry Spring along, then I don't know what will! This is just so sweet! Your coloring is awesome, and your color palette is perfect. Perfect Springtime card. Bev

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Love these cheerful spring colors! :)

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Annie LaVallee-Curtis said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colors you used! :)

Michelle said...

Oh so sweet!!!

ivy said...

love the colors and the cute mug w/ whipped cream!

AJ Bodine said...

Pretty colors, you did a great job on the sketch. That cup is just adorable!

Skylark said...

Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week Vicki. Lovely Spring colours used on your sweet cupcake card. Stef x

crafty-stamper said...

great CAS card love the coffee cup image and stamped background
Carol x

Jennifer Loftfield said...

Oh I love it! Fabulous colors and the sparkly whipped cream - yum!

D.Ann said...

Fab! Love the whipped cream!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Totally gorgeous!

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the spring color scheme and the sparkly whipped cream. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Helen F. said...

Happy Spring card!!

An'Jenic G. said...

Fun card. Love the glitter on the whip.

Ceal said...

cute card, love how you fit it into so many challenges

Keren Baker said...

Cherry blossom coffee sounds unique. Love the cute little coffee cup!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! This is SUPER FUN!! =) I LOVE the Design and your Drink looks YUMMY enough to Drink right off the Card!! LOVE the added touch of Sparkle!! =)THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!!?? Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Jessi Fogan said...

I am just totally in love with that cute little cuppa! Sparkly springy goodness :)

Janneke de Jong said...

What a lovely card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...