"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, March 13, 2015

The 21st Birthday!!

Hello friends!!  Happy Friday!
I have been having so much fun enjoying this gorgeous Spring weather we've been having this week and have not spent a great deal of time stamping lately! This is OK because it's nice to get out and enjoy life around you once in a while! :)

Well tomorrow happens to be my oldest son's 21st birthday!  Oh boy...you know what THAT means, right?!  The legal drinking age!  Not sure how to feel about my child being this age (other than feeling old!), but I believe he is a great, well adjusted young man that will make good decisions with his life in general...but I do have to "make light" of it of course!!  You only turn 21 ONCE!! :)
I made this card just for him:
I have recently discovered these fun digital stamps called From the Heart (thanks to some of my "enabling" blog friends!! LOL!!...be prepared to see more of these images from me!)
This is a fun set called none other than "Birthday Brew"!
(Looking back at the shop, I think I had purchased an image from them a couple of years ago for a commissioned card (CLICK HERE to see that card), but I had lost that image due to my computer problems I went through back then!  So weird how this all comes around in a circle!)

Anywho...I also saw that they have a fun sketch to play along with and I thought it would be perfect for making my birthday brew card!  I had found some star papers in my stash and incorporated that with some black accents for layering.  I have die cut the stitched circles from MFT and popped that up over the card base.  I always wonder if it's not a good idea to add a bow on a masculine card, but I think it still looks masculine enough.  The beer is the important part, right?!! LOL!

And here is a closer look at some of the details in the image design.
I have fussy cut out the beer mug image and colored with my Copic markers.  The entire beer mug has been covered with glossy accents and I've used some liquid applique and heated that up to make it "puffy" looking to resemble the beer foam.  The candle flame has some Stickles glitter glue added to it.  I have popped up this image with foam tape over the stitched circle die cuts.  I also thought it would be fun to add a few clear sequins to give the look of a few "bubbles".

And of course I had to finish out the greeting on the inside of the card:

Hope that you have enjoyed my card today!
Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope you enjoy your weekend my friends!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
From the Heart - sketch challenge + Twist:  CAS

Cute Card Thursday - Celebrate (They're celebrating 7 years!)

48 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Becky said...

What a fabulous fun Birthday card Vicki!

LeAnne said...

Oh boy, a scary age to be when you're the parent! I am sure he'll be fine!! The card is cute, I am IN LOVE with that cool starry paper! And your beer mug is pretty boss too!

Sarah said...

Such a great card for your Son Vicki. We celebrated a 21st this week, our youngest, which was even worse...my baby is a MAN!! EEEEEEEK!! xx

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE your great boozy card, the image is scrummy and lovely colours to compliment it....have a great weekend...xx aNNie
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Olga said...

Gorgeous, love the image!!

Becca Cruger said...

Vicki, this is a PERFECT manly card! I love the sentiment and how well it works with the image. :D Puns are my favorite.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a delightful card Vicki!
Have a great week-end!

Margreet said...

Talking about being old??? My 'babygirl' has her birthday too tomorrow...she will be 36 years old☺☺☺
You made your son a cool card and I wish him a happy birthday!
Enjoy!
xxx Margreet

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
this is a fab card and just right for a young man.
You don't look old enough to have a Son that is 21.
Love this fab design and every thing about it.
I am about to design a card for my Grandson who is 18 on St Patrick's Day, and this would be great for him I think.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

What a cool card! I love all the little treatments you added to the mug. If my mom gave me this, I would keep this forever. It's just a precious card and you did a fabulous job designing it. Have a wonderful weekend, Vicki!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to your son Vicki 21 a first of many milestones for him...love the card you made for him and know he will get a real kick out of it.
Hugs

Lola said...

Wonderful little details on the beer and I really like your see through sequins. Happy birthday - to you as well since it was 21 years ago YOU brought him into the world!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Birthday card Vicki..I love the beer froth and fabulous papers..perfect for your son's 21st..Happy birthday to him..what is scary over here in NZ is the drinking age is only 18..too young..

luv CHRISSxx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Vicki, such a fabulous image and I love the design.
Wishing you Son a very Happy Birthday tomorrow. I hope you have a great weekend too my friend.
hugs Sue xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Prost! Cool card, Vicki!

Asha said...

Oh my word! This must be THE most perfect birthday card for a man... of any age. Congratulations are in order for you too, Vicki... for successfully raising a good man. Have a fabulous weekend!
hugs, Asha

Tammy said...

Happy 21st birthday to your son! Wait until he's turns 45 to feel 'older'! Love your card! What a great stein of beer and the candle makes it too funny!

Monika Reeck said...

woohooo Vicki
I think I will buy this stamp image too if my boy will be 21 hehe :)
this image is soo coooll and you add so lovely shiny and that beer foam like that ooh dear you are so clever I ADORE THE out fit of this card..
great for a boy who 21 years old..tell him happy birthday from Aunty Monika in Munich (Germany)
hugs, Monika

PS: if you like to see my last post I will be soo proud cause it still empty visitor hehehe :)

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant your son will love it hope he has a fab birthday love and hugs Carole x

Holly Young said...

that's great Vicki! Love the foam you created!

Joanna said...

I saw this card over on the FTH site and had to come to comment. This card is DARLING!! Love the sequins and that fabulous foam!

Pat (mspfd) said...

One of the best cards yet done with this set Vicki! Love the fab cutting, foam and glass accents you added. Enjoy your weekend!

Shelly said...

Awesome card, Vicki! Love the beer mug! Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend! Happy 21st birthday to your son, too!

Bonnie said...

Love that foamy beer, Vicki! A perfect card for a 21st birthday!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Lisa S. said...

This is a fab card for a guy turning 21 Vicki! It is scary for parents and our baby turns 21 this fall. Not ready for it I can tell you. ;)

Imke said...

This image is perfect for a masculine card. Love it !

Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps and good luck in the draw.

Tammy said...

Oh what a super fun birthday card Vicki!! I love the colors, your fab design and the foamy beer! Your son is going to love it!
Big hugs, Tammy

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fabulous card for your son.
I hope his birthday celebrations went well.
Caroline xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Great B card for your son. I'm sure he enjoyed it being that he turned 21, loved how you had the foam you created that's pretty cool.
Have a nice Sunday. Hugs, Pat/♥

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous card, Happy Birthday to your son!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wonderful card..WOW you must have your son so young! Happy b'day. hugs bibiana

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Vicki such terrific colours I love that image and the frothy effect I smiled at the candle, lol, excellent card.
hugs
lorraine x

Stephanie said...

So cute, thanks for playing at From The Heart Stamps.

Céline said...

perfect masculine card
hugs
céline

Donna said...

Hey Vicki, I first saw your card over on FB and it grabbed my attention then...it's a brilliantly styled card and absolutely perfect for the occasion! I hope your son had a fantastic 21st birthday with lots of celebrations! :) Donna ♥ x

NanaConnie said...

It's a fantastic 21st birthday card, Vicki! I do love the image with the candle in the brew. Fun and funny. Happy Birthday to another of my fellow Pisceans. :-D

Chasing the Dream said...

He is now legally legal. Beautiful milestone. Sweet image, definitely fun and delightful. Nicely done for the son.
Have a fab rest of the day.
Hugs
Berni

Donna said...

What a great card, like the foam and a candle in a beer!

Donna K said...

Happy, happy birthday to your son, Vicki! I think this is just the most fun 21st birthday card ever. Love that foamy brew and fun stitched dies you used. I hope his birthday was wonderful!!

Desire Fourie said...

Huge congrats Vicki on your son's 21st. Your card for him is just so fun and I love the realistic foam on top of the beer.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jessi Fogan said...

I swear every birthday has me feeling that way - my oldest is 16 now, whaaaat? lol
This is absolutely perfect for a 21st birthday, and I love the gloss and foam and sparkle - just perfect!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fantastically fun, Vicki! Every guy I know would love this sensational birthday card with a candle in the beer!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! The way you did your foam and glass on here is amazing!!!

Regina said...

What a cool card! A great way to go masculine!
hugs Regina

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card,great B.paper and love the liquid applique on the froth and a belated Happy Birthday to your son(omg my eldest is 45yrs in May :( )
Carol x

Dawn Frost said...

Vicky I LOVE how you did the beer foam! What a great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...