"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, March 30, 2015

Tomorrow's Forecast:

Hello friends!!  Happy Monday to ya!
One last Monday for March and I sure hope we can start seeing some warmer weather this week!  We are so close and so tired of the cold weather here! :)  Then everyone will complain when it gets too hot this summer! LOL!!

So for today, I wanted to share a card I made to send to a blog friend having a bit of a rough time right now and I wanted to let her know that I was thinking of her, so I sent this along:
This really cute image is from Sami Stamps called "Raining Luck" (scroll down to see it).
This was so fun to color in too! :)  I love the clovers on her umbrella as well.  While I was coloring in this image, I thought that you could easily turn the clovers into flowers too if you didn't want the green.  I wanted to keep this simple and flat for mailing, so I didn't add too much to the image other than some stamping of the raindrops and the sentiment from an old Flourishes stamp set (not available) that I have.
I've also used some distress inks for around the edges of the main image panel.

I've also added some gold touches to the image with my gold gel pen for her buttons on her coat as well as some dots on the umbrella and handle.  I've also layered it with some gold metallic card stock among the green card base.  I wanted to keep it green for "luck" as well as to enter in with the challenge below for Sami Stamps.

Here is a closer view of the details from the gold gel pen:


My friend already received this card and was kind about acknowledging it.  I hope things have gotten a bit better in the meantime.

Thanks so much for stopping in today friends!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this in:
Sami Stamps March challenge: Use Green

CAS-ology - Style

Sister Act - Anything Goes


33 comments:

Margreet said...

What a lovely card for your friend with a beautiful text to cheer her up!
Sorry I haven't been around but I was on vacation to Portugal for a week.
I had forgotten my cellphone, so I was totally disabled concerning internet.
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

Love this sweet little card, Vicki. The simple colour pallet is just perfect.
hugs Asha

Lynn McAuley said...

What a remarkable card, Vicki! Who wouldn't love to have luck raining down on them? I know your friend must have loved receiving it!

jimlynn said...

You already know I love this! I have it sitting beside my computer and just hope that tomorrow WILL be brighter. Thank you so much, my friend.
Lynn

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh she is so super cute!!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a great card.
Love that fab image, and your beautiful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

What a fab image and colouring Vicki..I love the gold gel pen for details and the rain coming down..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

This is certainly going to do the trick Vicki, what a great image and sentiment, love the gold detail too xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. Your colouring of the sweet image is wonderful, I love the touches of gold and the raindrops look fabulous.
hugs Sue xx

Monika Reeck said...

oh your raining luck image is so adorable and so stylish and I love how you put inks on the edges it looks like the raini ..how did you made it...is that raindrops stamp or did you made with inks...? fabuloous card I love love this Vicki...good luck with the challenge my sweet friend..hugs, Monika

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great card for the spring rainy weather. Joyful and colorful, improves mood.
Regards,
Bozena

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is quite simply beautiful, I love that image and you have coloured her perfectly, that sentiment and colours are divine your friend will love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

just perfect bet your friend appreciated this great card its a great design and sentiment love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Fabulous card and great way to brighten someone's day! I'm with you and the warmer weather BUT if it ever does warm up, you won't hear me complain!

Patti J said...

What a perfect card to encourage a friend! It's beautiful, Vicki! Hope to see it again with flowers :-) great job, as always!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Well done, Vicki. Love all the details and your fab coloring. Love the sponged edges. How is the heck did you do the lines around the edges?

Olga said...

Gorgeous, I love how the paper Sparkles!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

A thoughtful card to send to a friend, I know I would be happy to receive this too...Vicki I just love this stamp, the colours, image and whole card are full of beauty...loving this..
xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely card for you friend Vicki! this is sure to cheer her!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Hello Vicki. Just catching up on my blogs. So glad to see you're still having lots of fun creating! This is such a lovely card. I love how sparkly the papers is and how perfect the sentiment for an encouragement card. Hope you're doing well. Have a wonderful day!

Céline said...

fab card Vicki, love the image
hugs
céline

Donna said...

Absolutely adorable Vicki, and amazing coloring!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is wonderful.. love your image.... and your coloration is so perfect...

Hugs Anja xoxo

Bad Kitty said...

lovely card

Shelly said...

Aww...this is so pretty, Vicki! And so sweet of you to send some smiles for your friend. ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great image and the coloring is fantastic, love that rain!

Deepti said...

This is so adorable and stylish! great coloring :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the perfect rain! And what a sweet image with the touches of gold :)

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful image and great sentiment-great colouring and love the rain
Carol x

Kathy said...

I love this image and you've done her up beautifully. Lovely coloring and the sparkle is so pretty. Thanks for joining our challenge at Sami Stamps!

Lola said...

How kind of you and i'm sure she appreciated it more than you realize.

Dawn Frost said...

I really like that image and LOVE how you did the rain! I'm going to case this card its gorgeous!

Dawn E said...

sweet card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...