"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tuesday Throwdown is Shaking Things Up!

Hello friends!
I'm here to share a fun card with you today for the new
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
challenge this week!  We are focusing on shaker cards!  We hope you'll join us!
Shaker cards have really gotten popular lately in the craft world and I've seen so many variations of them!  I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

I made this for a special birthday card for my mom.  Her birthday was Sunday and I was able to give this to her in person.  It did make her smile...which is what I love! :)
Here's the card that I came up with:
Now how fun is this?!  I've used one of our sponsor's images from Sweet n Sassy who kindly provided it for our team to use!  This digital stamp is called "A Donut for Cocoa" .  Our sponsor will be giving out a fabulous prize to one lucky winner...so be sure to play along with us! :)

I have colored the image with my Copic markers and even added some sparkle to the sprinkles on his pink frosted donut! :)  I've fussy cut him out and popped him over the top of the front of my shaker card.  I have some fun MFT donut stamp set and die cuts which I've also used on my design.
I've stamped the birthday sentiment with white Staz On ink over the front of the acetate and embellished the card front with some sequins and twine.

Now for the INSIDE of my shaker, here you can see all of the "goodies" inside of it!
I even stamped and punched out little donuts to add to the mix of sequins and glitter inside!
I had so much fun creating this and just as much fun giving it away too! :)

So please be sure to pop on over to the Tuesday Throwdown challenge to see what the other talented ladies have come with for shaker fun!!  Looking forward to seeing you there!!
Thanks so much for popping in today!

P.S.  I've been extremely busy trying to catch up on my household duties (too much info to get into on a post! LOL!!)  I'm also working on my die cutting class projects and will be sharing more of those on my blog as well!  Sorry for not being able to visit your blogs at this time, but I will when I'm able to find the time to just sit! :)

Hope everyone is doing well!!  Have a wonderful week friends!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Little Red Wagon - All Tied Up
Penny's Paper - Fave embellishments (sequins & glitter!)
Crafty Catz - No design paper
Addicted to Stamps - Celebration
Get Creative - Must Use a Die Cut

33 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! I REALLY love this Vicki! Your shaker design is wonderful, I love all the pretty sprinkles. The image is adorable and coloured so beautifully too.
hugs Sue xx

Julie B said...

This is fantastic Vicki. I love that mouse popping through the donut and the kraft with the hot pink icing. x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Stef H said...

this is absolutely FAB-U-LOUS! love those donuts. i have my eye... and my wish list... on those donut dies!

happy tuesday!

hugs :)

Donna said...

Vicki, this is absolutely adorable, love every detail! Have a good day! Donna

Donna K said...

Oh my stars! How delicious is THIS. I love a great donut and this one is such a treat. How cute that you put all those tiny ones inside your shaker too. Love this to pieces, Vicki!

Shelly said...

This is ADORABLE, Vicki! Love it!

Dewi Lestari said...

Stunning as always! Thanks for joining at AATSC: Celebrate
Hugs
Dewi

Beth said...

Oh Vicki love love this shaker what a fun cute image and GF your sweets look good enough to eat.
Hugs

Beth said...

Vicki I am loving your adorable shaker card what a darling image and GF your donuts look good enough to eat.
Hugs

Chrissy said...

Brilliant shaker card Vicki..the little mouse with his donuts is so cute and no wonder your Mum smiled..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant this design and colour combo are just fabulous a perfect card Love and hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

OMG this is sooooo cute!! xx

Chasing the Dream said...

Oh my, this is just so adorable and fun. Love how you added the donuts with the sprinkles. That image is darling too. Yummy.
Hugs
Berni

Lola said...

This is super adorable! Everything is just perfect and I bet she will cherish this card forever!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Vicki this is awesome, I totally love that image also the fantastic shaker element, brilliant make
hugs
lorraine x

Irene Watson said...

love this vicki!!! Those little tiny donuts inside are just great and I would just like to eat the whole card!Irene xx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I LOVE this! Actually I generally LOVE your cards! :-)

Tammy said...

Too, too cute and I love the donuts inside the shaker! Cute image too!

Asha said...

LOVE this design, my friend... and all the sprinkles too. Sounds like you're really enjoying the class. Looking fwd to seeing more of your assignments.
hugs, Asha

Tracy Penney said...

This is just the cutest. I just adore the image and the design of the fun shaker card. Great job. Thanks for playing along with our All Tied Up Challenge at Little Red Wagon.

Patti J said...

Awww....! I bet your sweet mom loved this! What a fun and fabulous card, dear friend! Thanks for the evening smiles :-)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Wow gorgeous and adorable card Vicki! Love the details and cute image. So fab!
Huggies!!!!

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Kim said...

This is fabulous! Cocoa is so cute. I love all the fun sparkles you used for the shaker. So so pretty :-)

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is awesome! I almost squealed when I saw what you put in the shaker window! This card just screams happy!!
<3 Emily L.

Céline said...

oh so fun! another gorgeous design
hugs
céline

Anna Jasiolek said...

Fabulous idea for a shaker card, very creative and really lovely. Thank you for joining our 'no DP' challenge at Crafty Catz and please join us again!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this delicious shaker- the donut is colored beautifully, and I love the sequins inside and out. Fun, Fun!

Monika Reeck said...

I loveeeee this cute mouse...lovely donuts...and nice topping...cute cute cute card..love the Layout too...nice Kraft
oh I adore all in this card Vicki..
I am sorry was not on line since Monday :)
hugs, Monika

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Now this is so ding dong cute. How did you make the little donuts? I see larger ones on the outside and very small ones inside the shaker. Again, I need to know. Wow...this was some awesome class you took. My stuff feels so boring now next to your wonderful creations.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Congrats on being a Top 3 pick over at Crafty Catz challenge! See, I'm not the only one that just loves this card!!

Jessi Fogan said...

ERMAGERD when I saw this on FB I didn't see the teeny donuts IN THE SHAKER! I'm totally in love. Mmmmmm donuts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...