"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Working with Border Dies - Class Projects - Day 6 (final)

Good evening friends!
Here I am FINALLY with my last chance to get my creations made for the Online Card Classes "Stretching Your Dies" class!  There is actually one more day left that focuses on alphabet dies.  Sadly, I do not own any alphabet dies...well the "individual" alphabets anyway.  So it appears that I won't be doing any projects for Day 7 of class.  (I have already added an alphabet die set to my shopping card though! LOL!)  Didn't get here in time!

So anyway, for Day 6, we are focusing on those border dies and for my first card, I've used a border die to create a shaped style card:
So I've pulled out a couple of border dies from Whimsy Stamps to make this one.  I have also used a Stampin' Up! stamp set with coordinating dies to decorate the front of it.
I never really thought to do this with border dies, but this turned out to be a neat idea!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Nacho Average Challenge - color combo:

Clear it Out - Theme: birthday - Stash:  Polka Dots

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (with no toppings!)

Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my next card, I think this was my favorite idea of all:
I used a border die to create the look of this fun and colorful background!
And of course Laura Bassen is the culprit behind this idea!!  I will most definitely be doing this again and maybe trying a different variation with it.
I've used distress inks for the background and the "Crazy About You" stamp set with coordinating sentiment dies from Stampin' Up! to finish off my design.
The black banner was embossed with white EP.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' - Sentiment as focus

Retro Sketches:

Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC144) - Create Your Own Background

Shopping Our Stash - Neon Rainbow

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for my last card, but certainly NOT least, I have done some inlays with the border dies:
I think this one turned out pretty cool!
I was looking through my border dies for this technique and I couldn't find much to work with it until I thought about doing this idea with it!  I love that I also inlaid a few of the hexagon colors with it too!  For the background of the Coastal Cabana color, I've sponged some water waves with a really old stencil that I had.  I wanted the treasure chest to be "underwater"!  (What better place to hide "Black Beard's Loot" than under the ocean, right?!!)  LOL!
The stamps that I've used some from a set I had won from The Alley Way Stamps.  I know I'm going to pull this set out again to use it!  I really enjoyed coloring the chest!  It's hard to see in the photo, but I've colored the treasure goodies with glitter gel pens.

And here are some challenges that I'd like to add this card for:
The Alley Way Stamps - March Link Up

The Male Room - Under Water

Stampin' Royalty - Color Combo:

Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + Sentiment


So I think I'm happy to finish up class and now I can get back to checking out what you all have been up to lately! :)  I did have tons of fun getting out my dies and having a play learning new techniques!  Maybe I will be able to get to the Day 7 classes after I get some alphabet dies...and especially since I've learned some cool things to do with them! :)

Thanks so much for hanging in there with me while I post all of these!  I hope you have enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed creating them all!  So glad to have you stop by!!
Have a great night!




-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


48 comments:

Chasing the Dream said...

Awesome. great tecniques that produce fabulous beauties. My fave is the first with border. I must try one.
Hugs
Berni

Becca Cruger said...

Holy flibbertigibbets! <-- hey...who knew that was a real word? Spellcheck did. Anyways... back to the compliments...

That middle card took my breath away! Love the layered colors and the whole bright bursting effect! And that pirate card had me grinning like a schoolgirl. :D I really like the shaped card, too with its sweet banners. You are so talented!

Becky said...

My goodness girl, where do you find time to do such amazing cards!!!:)

Lena's Creations said...

Such fun and happy cards.Beautiful borders and banner on the first card. Love the beautiful colours on the second card, and the third card made me smile. Love the sentiment :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Sue said...

A really wonderful set of cards Vicki, your designs are fabulous and the colours are gorgeous too.
hugs Sue xx

Blankina said...

Wow love this kind of rainbow effect background must try this myself, thanks for joining LOves Rubberstamps this week, hope to see you soon!
Hugs Blankina

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous this class is worth every penny the projects are fabulous I can see you've really enjoyed it love and hugs Carole x

coldwaters2 said...

Three absolutely fantastic cards Vicki love the pastel shades on the first one, that second one looks amazing, fab, fun 3rd card, excellent makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Desire Fourie said...

An absolutely delightful trio of designs. Each with its own unique fresh design. You are just so creative. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Stef H said...

holy moly! these are all gorgeous! how in the world do you make a card with borders like that? for the life of me i just can't figure it out. LOVE the colors too.

the 2d card is to die for. what blending!

supposed to warm up by monday. we can only hope!

have a GREAT weekend!

hugs :)

Chana said...

Vicky, as usual, your work is stunning! I love all three projects, but I am particulary impressed by the "You Rock Design" It is perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for accepting the "Rainbow" Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Tammy said...

WOW beautiful cards Vicki! I love the shape on the first one and the gorgeous colors on the second one, fabulous hexagon die on the last one!
Hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

Fabulous cards Vicki thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week hugs Sue DT xx

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Three fabulous cards Vicki..I love the colours and technique on the middle one..gorgeous colours and so effective..

luv CHRISSYxx

Chris said...

3 stunning cards Vicki, what a talented lady you are! The middle one is amazing, love those fabulous colours, such a great technique! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
X

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Both of these are fantastic! I love love the second border die that looks like diagonals...super cool what you did. The first card is amazing and I'm still scratching my head as to what dies you used to help get this awesome background. I don't get it and loving it. I need to know your secret.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a treat!
Thanks Vicki!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, each and every card is sensational, Vickil. Especially like what you did with a border die to create this fantastic background. This is one class I definitely need to take.

JD/ Jill said...

You've made three fabulous cards. Like so many have said before me...that middle card is awesome. really like the colors!

Tammy said...

WOW!! All these cards are AMAZING!! Thanks so much for including the Nacho challenge in your stamping!

Deborah Frings said...

Love your underwater treasure chest! The inked in sea is fabulous and I love the bold inlaid hexagons. Great take on our theme. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room and good luck with the DT call.

BTW - Love the rainbow hills too.

Jo Nevill said...

Such fabulous cards and designs

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Denice said...

I am soooooooooo loving all of your cards, but the colorful background in the middle takes top honor in my book. So pretty and creative! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, hope to see you joining us again.

Christy Lynn said...

All three of your cards are awesome! I like the stitched edging look on the first card, looks like that might be one of your border dies? Great job with the Nacho challenge colors too, thanks for playing along with us. As for the other two, I love the rainbow look on the second card and your underwater treasure chest on the third one is just too cute for words!

Yapha said...

Great cards, Vicki! I love the shape of the first card! Great idea for how to use the border dies, and fabulous use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

Donna said...

Clever card, I like the inlays, your wIves, that treasure chest and sparkly treasure! Everything works beautifully together!

Donna said...

Did not realize all three were in the same post, the first two are stunning also!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolute wow, Vicki! I think the rainbow one might be my favourite too :)

Sue said...

OH MY, each one is different and what wonderful ideas!! Love them all. The border dies used to make a shaped card is lovely. The multi colored squares are awesome. Love them all.

Hugs
Sue

Laura Love said...

WOW OH WOW! I love your rainbow landscape card that is GORGEOUS!! I love how each color is distinct yet blends over the over! STUNNING BACKGROUND! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you play along with us again soon!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow Vicki! That border die card of yours just ROCKS!!!!

Penny Odell said...

Hi Vicki, what a beautiful group of cards!! I love the inlay on the third card, you did with the border dies. Beautiful rainbow of colors on second card. Your use of border dies on the first one is just stunning. Hugggs!!

Asha said...

You have to stop posting so many gorgeous cards all at once. I want to choose a fave and can't! Love them all!
hugs Asha

Kathya said...

Beautiful cards Vicki!! Such a great variety! Really like the card you created for the Nacho Average Challenges, the colors really pop. Thanks for creating with us.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to go Vicki! I love seeing lots of beautiful eye candy :) -- however, I am partial to TMR's challenge ;) - Thanks for joining in the challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki how did I forget to comment this lovely post??? I just look at your lovely underwater card on the TMR challenge this is a winner card for me and the first one woo swwweett and love the color and the balloon the second one woooowww I love the border die cute in this colorfull sponging look
woooww woooww woooww I love all your cards Vicki..
hugs, Monika

lauren bergold said...

such gorgeous cards, but of course i'm bound to say the fabulous neon rainbow one for our SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge is my favorite! :) :) :)

Shanna Shands said...

Wow all of these are amazing. The shape of the first card is just awesome and the colors are just sweet! Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Shanna Shands said...

Not sure my last comment went through but I love them all. The first is my favorite! Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Donna said...

Fantastic cards Vicki!!! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Neon Rainbow" challenge!!

Colleen said...

I love how you used your border dies in this card!! Thank you for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic use of border dies. I especially love that first card, what a fun shape you created!

Billie A said...

Great cards and I like the different techniques/dies, looks to each one. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Gabby said...

CONGRATS on your SOS win! FAB card! Love how you used the colors and over-lapped the stamping. :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG I love this background! I must learn how to do this! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Julie said...

Your cards are lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Glenda J said...

All of these cards are so terrific... all unique and fabulous in it's own way. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Lola said...

All of these are so awesome and inspiring. I've been so busy with life that I haven't had a chance to create at all. I hope to get some time this weekend. Seeing all your cards is making me so jealous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...