"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Working with Coordinating Dies - Class Projects (Final post of 3 today!)

Hello friends!!  Back for my final post today! whew!
I am having so much fun messing up my stamp room this week and I've been working so intensely on this class so I can get all of my projects finished before the deadline! :)

So here we go with class projects for Day 5 working with coordinating dies:
I don't really do too much embossing with my dies, but I'm finding that it has a great effect to your stamped images and I really liked how this technique turned out on my card!
This is actually a brand new stamp set with coordinating dies for me from Whimsy Stamps.  This is called Into the Woods and the coordinating dies are called Woodland Critters.
The sample from class didn't do any of the masking that I've done here, but I thought it looked really cool with the circle design and the "de-bossed" images.

Here's a closer look at the details:
I wanted to photograph it at an angle so you can see the "de-bossed" look.
For the center of the flowers, I stamped with the end of my pencil eraser and then I took the end of a paint brush to add even tinier dots in blue.
This is a one layer card except for the deer that was stamped and die cut.  I popped him up in the center of the circle.

I would like to add this to the following:
ShowCASe Your Style - photo inspiration:

Creative Inspirations - Feathered Friends/Animals
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for my next card, I did some more masking:
I've used the coordinating dies to make a mask over some card stock and sponged some color over it.  After lifting off the mask with the white areas, I stamped the images where they belong to their designated image.  I embossed the sentiment with platinum silver EP and die cut a shape for it.  There is also some silver thread nested behind the popped up sentiment panel.  I really like the look of this design!  Everything except the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my last technique:
I just used this fun lollipop image and die cut to create a fun acetate window for my card.
I almost thought about making it a shaker, but I didn't.  I've used the same green colored patterned paper for behind the acetate that I've used along the side of my card.  Flipped over the paper and the striped pattern was on the other side of it.

All the stamps and dies that I've used here are from Whimsy Stamps.

I think I have a headache now and I'm badly needing to make supper for hubby when he gets home from work!  I hope to finish up my projects by tomorrow because this is the deadline to get all of our class projects in!!  Then maybe I can breathe for a few minutes!! LOL!!
I thank you so much for hanging in with me today!!  Hope you are enjoying these!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


25 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards, Vicki! I have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful creations you have posted today. TFS x

Pat (mspfd) said...

What cool techniques. Each and every card is a beauty ,Vicki!

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow, what awesome techniques. I so wish I had the time to take this class. This is one class to keep. Beautiful projects, my luv. Have a fab day.
Hugs
Berni

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving the cool techniques, and love to see the variety of ways you are using your supplies. Great colors- love the pop of green on the lollipop card!

Becky said...

wow.. You have created some awesome cards Vicki..That first one is so adorable and the Birthday wishes is fabulous..

Sue said...

Another gorgeous set of cards Vicki. The images on your first card are adorable, your second card is so stylish and the design and colours on your final card are fantastic.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki these are awesome love them all so much.
hugs
lorraine x

Olga said...

Fantastic and makes such gorgeous cards!!!!

Stef H said...

love them all but leaning more towards the blue. love those flowers!

has spring arrived yet? maybe... a little.

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Davi said...

Vicki, I love your cards, the first one is darling with all the sweet critters, the blue one is very pretty great background you created, and the last one is Very cool with the fun sucker and love the diagonal stripes too! Great use of the techniques and Such creative different uses for each :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are all so fabulous. I love your into the woods!

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant projects once again this is a brilliant class you have been undertaking the results are just fab Love and hugs Carole x

Céline said...

fantastic!!!! love especially le one with lollipop
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

yaay the first card tooo cuuutee Vicki cute cute cute and you have so sweet sentiment alphabet which product is it may I ask you? the second card is elegant love the blue there...nice BG you have made ...I made also BG but it was with yellow and pink and your Blue card here so wonderfully made my friend.. that lolly card ooh soo sweeeettt Love the green on there on the sentiment on the side and on the lolly...cute and awesome made Vicki..again Love your post here...
hugs, Monika

Donna said...

Your cards for this class have been amazing, I have been enjoying them!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! Your work is awesome.
What a terrific collection of cards and so many great techniques.

Caroline xxx

Tammy said...

Three more awesome cards Vicki! All so different and beautiful, I love the colors and the CAS design on the last one!
Big hugs, Tammy

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love Love Love them all and never would had thought of some of these ideas. The lollipop is awesome and glad you left it like it was. The flowers and masking where just too cool! I guess I could sure benefit form some one line classes.

Rhonda Miller said...

I love all of these.

Jessi Fogan said...

These are all incredible! I really really love the lollipop :) Hope that headache didn't last!!

Sue said...

Wow, enjoying all your hard work in class, lots of great ideas and techniques. Super cute cards.

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

WOW! You are having fun at this class. Another batch of fabby cards, Vicki. I'm learning from you too!
hugs Asha

NGCARDS said...

This is a fantastic creation! I love the colours you have used!
Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspiration Challenge. Agnieszka DT

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh these are amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...