"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Working with Mini Dies - Class Projects (Post 2 of 3 today)

Hello friends!  Back again to share some more class projects with you!
I will have one more post going up today and hopefully I will have everything finished by tomorrow! Yay!  I just want to make sure I'm getting full value of my class and learning everything I can.

So for Day 4 class, we are working with "mini dies":
This project was a fairly easy one to do and we were able to get two cards created from one technique!  I created an ombre look to my background and used the sentiment and hearts dies to place them on my design.  The one on the right is popped up with foam tape and I've just glued the left over pieces of the die to a card panel for the one on the left.
Everything here is from Lawn Fawn. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

For my second technique I used various dies to make a background:
I pulled out those luscious water-colors called Zig Kuretake Gansai Tombi and created a gradient looking background on watercolor paper.  I used several various medium, small to tiny mini dies that I had in different collections and die cut them from the water-color paper I made.
The sentiment is embossed on black card stock with white embossing powder.  I took a die cut star and added to the sentiment area.  I also have vellum behind my sentiment.

Here is a closer view of the sentiment area with the star.  I have covered this star with some glossy accents and tucked it between the word die.

Most everything I have used on this card is from Whimsy Stamps.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Get your sunglasses out for my last one:
This was a fun card to do!  I think the bright colors are really fun!
I had this background paper FOREVER and it was nice to pull it out and use it!
If you notice the star die cut, it's the same one I've used on the above card.
I've popped up the design paper and attached it to a piece of pink glitter card stock.  I've also die cut the centers of some of the other circles and popped up the star with foam tape on the remaining circles in the design.  Then I just added my sentiment and rounded the corner.

I would like to add this card to the following:
Little Red Wagon - "You're a STAR!"

So I hope you've enjoyed the my class projects so far!!
Get ready for post #3 coming up in a little bit!!  Thanks for stopping in!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


11 comments:

Donna said...

All three are fabulous! Each one is so different and unique, I like the colors you chose and getting 2 from one cut.

Tammy said...

Wow Vicki, you are really rocking the class. Each card is just fabulous and great choice of dies and colors for each of your posts! Keep up the sensational cards!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This card class looks like a last! Loving seeing all of your great cards, the colors you are using and the glitter paper peeking through every other star die cut!

coldwaters2 said...

Excellent and very lovely cards Vicki.
hugs
lorraine x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are all so fabulous. Love the Love cards. Great color and idea.

Monika Reeck said...

so bright ans so beautiful all love the DIE CUT Sentiment you have the YOU ooh I want to have it...cool Cut out... the HAPPY so big and adorable on your second card...you are a lucky lady have much DIE Vicki...lovely ballon colored too and the first card love the sponging colored on it..looks elegant...hugs. Monika

Bożena Adamusińska said...

These two cards are like negative and positive. Great idea, the cards are kind of similar and so different.
Regards,
Bozena

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very nicely done. Love the bright colours. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

Jessi Fogan said...

You should pop the last one in at Shopping our Stash! I love these - and I just got a ton of teensy dies to try this with!

Sue said...

What great colors and ideas. Love using the die two ways. Super cards, Vicki!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are all so cool! Love how different each one is... I really love that last one with the sparkle behind it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...