Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Blooms and a Butterfly for Mom

Hello friends and happy Monday!
This is also the last week of April which means we are getting into the month of May soon and that means more flowers, warmer weather, graduations, mother's day and outdoor fun! :)
Which basically is what I've been up to lately!  Sorry for slacking on visiting with you all, but I promise I will catch up soon!! :)

Today, I'm here to share a creation I made with some of my fave Lawn Fawn goodies!
I have used the beautiful Flutterby stamp set with the coordinating die set for my card today!
The Lawnscaping Challenge (see below) also had a fun sketch to play along with, so I used that for the base of my design.

So what I did was stamp out the flowers and butterfly from the set and I colored them in with my Copic markers.  I stamped one of the flowers on my LF Stitched Circle die cut and then I stamped an additional flower along with the leaves on a separate piece of card stock, colored them in along with the butterfly and die cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I took some dotted papers from my stash and made it work with the sketch and stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner from the Happy Everything stamp set.  I popped the circle up on the card front along with the butterfly and added some white enamel dots along with some faux stitching using my white gel pen.

You can also see better in this close-up photo the shimmer on the flowers as well as the butterfly that I got from my Wink of Stella glitter pen.  I also decided to add some glossy accents to parts of the butterfly.  Before popping up the flower on the circle panel, I also stamped some small flowers and added a white dot in the middle of them with my white gel pen.  I also took some distress ink for just a bit of color behind the flowers as well.

I thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today!
Hope you enjoy my creation and enjoy your day today!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter my card for:

1.  Lawnscaping Challenge - sketch


2.  Crafty Card Makers - dots

3.  Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist:  real or faux stitching (must be a square or a rectangle card)

4.  Clear it Out - Theme:  Holiday - mother's day, Stash:  flowers

5.  Little Red Wagon - Seeing Spots

6.  Crafting by Designs - We Love Mom! (Mother's Day)

7.  Aud Sentiments - Things with Wings + sentiment

39 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Well if this isn't a bright masterpiece of the design work I don't know what it is! I love all the dimension and that adorable butterfly!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the hint of the distress ink in the back of the circle panel along with the adorable glittery butterfly. And love your beautiful colored flower too! Amazing job with the sketch!

Lynn McAuley said...

What gorgeous coloring on this beautiful card, Vicki! I love the shimmer and shine! Stunning work!

Pat (mspfd) said...

My gosh, this is a gem! Love the colors and fabulous sketch. Your attention to details is fantastic.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card with glorious colors!
Thanks Vicki!!

Margreet said...

Stunning card with great coloring Vicki...love the touch of the glossy accetns!
xxx Margreet

Darnell J Knauss said...

Wow, Vicki, I'm loving this vibrant color block card with it beautiful blossom and butterfly! You nailed that sketch and the color and shine are stunning!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Jennifer Scull said...

such a beautiful card! I like that you popped up one of the flowers. adds so much extra dimension. love the bit of gloss on the butterfly, too. :)

have a most amazing week!

Sarah said...

This is a beaut Vicki, love the stamp, the design, the colours and the little bit of sparkle finishes it off perfectly xx

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

jimlynn said...

So beautiful! I love the colors you selected for this and the shine on the butterfly!
Lovely card.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the layout and details great image and love the butterfly
Carol x

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki, I love the image and gorgeous card.
Thank you for your kind get well wishes.
hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Vicki..love the roses and the gloss on the butterfly...so pretty..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a very fab creation.
Wonderful colour choice, and super colouring too.
great designing as usual.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pollard Carole said...

Stunning this is an adorable card I just love it love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!! What a fabulous design, I love the popped up elements and the touch of shimmer!! Perfect Mother's Day card!
Big hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

What a cheerful card, my friend! Love those bright, happy colors, and the layout is perfect too! Of course your coloring and shimmer make me smile out loud! Thanks for sharing :)

Sue said...

Wonderful colors and flower, Vicki. Your faux stitches are so perfect I thought you hand sewed them! Wonderful card.

Hugs
Sue

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors and the butterfly.

NanaConnie said...

Marvelous card, Vicki, and I am just mad about that stunning butterfly! Wonderful dimension. OK, I'm putting on a DT hat now -- Thanks so much for playing along in our "Things with Wings" challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight. Good luck and please come play again. :-D
NanaConnie

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so pretty! Love the dimension you've added to the butterfly!

Penny Odell said...

OMGoodness Vicki, this is gorgeous!!! You are so talented with your amazing use of color and design.

Joanne said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love the addition of the Wink of Stella and the Glossy Accents! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really beautiful card! I'm a big fan of polka dots! You also a great job with the sketch!

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki I always love dots paper bcoz its no easy to get it i Germany ...in Munich if I am lucky I can buy it :-) but sometimes not more in the store..love your coloring n the composition...great LF card Vicki..I ADORE this..♡♡

Monika Reeck said...

Great work using that sketch..for me it looks complicated Vicki :)

Céline said...

fab card!!! love the combo and glitter on flowers
hugs
céline

Sally Dodger said...

A beautiful card. Your flowers and butterfly stamps are beautiful and the spotty papers are great. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Shelly said...

This is awesome, Vicki! You nailed that sketch! ;)

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful card! I love the color palette and your coloring is stunning! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki and absolutely perfect for the challenge! Love the polkadot backgrounds. Fabulous coloring too!

Josephine said...

This is so pretty!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Alanna said...

So gorgeous. Those flowers literally just pop off the card.

SonjaK said...

Beautiful color combination and coloring!

Billie A said...

Great color combo and love the added butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, the red blue and green is so vibrant and I love the polka dots.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jessi Fogan said...

oh I love the vibrant colours! The shimmer and ooooh the glossy butterfly - this card just begs to be touched :)

Lola said...

This really is so pretty and I love the color combo - it works so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...