"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

CASology Guest Designer with Ombre

(This is my second post today, please CLICK HERE or scroll down to see my Tuesday Throwdown challenge DT post.  Thank you!)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!  Happy Earth Day!

Yay!!!
I'm so very excited to have been asked by Melissa from the CASology blog challenge to be a guest designer for the challenge this week as I had a creation from a previous challenge that had won!
(You can CLICK HERE to see my baby onsie shaped card that won the challenge.)

So I'd happily like to introduce to you the Cue Card for this week's challenge:
Oh my gosh!  How fun is this?!!
Here's the definition of this word:

ombré

   [ämbrā′, äm brā]



adjective
shaded or graduated in tone: said of a color
Origin of ombré
French past participle of ombrer, to shade ; from Classical Latin umbrare ; from umbra, shade

I'm not really sure if it's considered a "technique" in the crafting world, but I think it's just another fun way to use color on your design! :)  I couldn't decide exactly which way I wanted to go with this because I had done a couple of rough designs, but settled on finally just one idea! LOL!
So here's what I decided to do for this challenge:

Design Defined - When using lots of color, you can keep it CAS by leaving the rest white space.
I love different shades of bright colors and thought pink tones would be a good one to use for my project!  I took a floral image and embossed it with white embossing powder on the front of my card.  Since this was a wood mounted stamp, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up for centering on my card front panel.  I then used a masked frame and took some distress inks in the colors of "Festive Berries", "Picked Raspberry" and "Spun Sugar" and blended them with my foam blending tool over the embossed images.  When I got to the lightest color, I decided to gradually let it fade out into the white color.  I stamped the sentiment with the "Festive Berries" ink color above that.  I thought it drew your eye back to the colors.

I also blended a couple of the lightest colors of pinks on a piece of white left over pieces and die cut a couple of butterflies to  put over my design.  This panel was also die cut with a stitched rectangle die and then I popped it up over a white A2 card base with foam tape.

The stamps I used are from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration 2015 called "Nature's Perfection" and "Simply Wonderful".  The butterfly die cut is also from Stampin' Up! and the Stitched Rectangle die is from Lawn Fawn.

I hope you will be sure to play along with the challenge this week!!  I would love to see what your take is on the ombre CAS style!!  Be sure to stop by the challenge blog and check out the fabulous creations from the design team as well!  Thanks so much to Melissa and the DT for having me play along with you all this week!! :)

Thank you for stopping in with me today!!  I sure appreciate it!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this for:
allsorts - quick & simple
Less is More - Up, Up & Away (butterflies)
Fantasty Stampers - CAS
Uniko Studio - Things with Wings

51 comments:

Deepti said...

Congratulations on your Guest Design! Your card is just gorgeous :)

Lynn McAuley said...

How gorgeous is this!!! I love this amazing CAS beauty, Vicki!

Joyce said...

Your card is simply beautiful. Fantastic job with the ombre. Your lovely pinks blend so well one into the next. Thanks so much for joining us this week as Guest Designer.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Congrats on your well deserved GDT slot at Casology Vicki. Love your ombre card - you've rocked it! Fabulous colours and I'm thrilled you've linked up at Less is More this week too.
You might also like to link up at Uniko Studio as we have a 'Things with Wings' Challenge there.
Sarah x

Donna said...

Congrats on your Guest design spot, well deserved, your onsie was fabulous! Your ombre card is gorgeous, your colors are so vivid and blend perfectly, I had not seen it done on embossing before, butterfly is a perfect tpuch also!

Julie B said...

Pretty card Vicki and congrats on the GD spot.:)

Donna said...

Hey Vicki, the colours on your card are amazing love the gradient...such a beautiful and pretty CAS card :) Donna ♥ x

Tracy said...

A really gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki congratulations on you GDT spot and what a beautiful creation you have made the colour is awesome so is the stamp you have used, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Wow, Vicki, what a gorgeous ombre design!
xxx Margreet

alexandra s.m. said...

What an amazing card Vicki!
Congrats on the GD ;)

sandie said...

Congrats Vicki on the GD and what a stunning card you have created for this. I adore the changing pink, this really is a fab design. And so pleased you joined us at Uniko x

Sarah said...

This is a beauty Vicki, it's one of those "looks simple but I'll bet it took ages" cards, love the pink shades you have used and the sentiment really does draw the eye xx

Bad Kitty said...

Fabulous card

Tammy said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Vicki! Gorgeous card!! I love the embossed image and the beautiful colors!
Hugs, Tammy

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the ombre design! Fabulous job!

Pollard Carole said...

Well done on your GDT post its fabulous and that background is wonderful an amazing card love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

You got the ombre look nailed hands down! Fabulous card and beautiful pinks! You may want to consider a MISTI to your arsenal of craft tools! It is fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

Love seeing you as GD at CASology, Vicki!! Your card is gorgeous... and thanks for the lesson! Hmmm "to shade" perhaps the root of umbrella?
=] Michele

JD/ Jill said...

Congratulations on you GT spot! So well deserved. Your card is just beautiful. (I also adore your onsie card too...

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh this is absolutely stunning!!! I love pinks and the way yours fades up is perfect! Congrats on your guest spot!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Vicki! Congrats on your guest spot...they are lucky to have you!

Kim said...

This is gorgeous! You did a fab job with the colors :-)

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO lovely!!!! adore this card, so happy to have you as a guest at CASology!!! Yay!!!!!

Céline said...

this card is a real beauty!
love the gradation of pink
hugs
céline

experimentswithcardmakingetc said...

Congrats on you GD spot..and a superb card! What a great inspiration!!
- Ashwini

Donna K said...

CAS and gorgeous. Beautiful ombre effect!! The teeny butterfly is perfect. Congratulations on your guest spot with CASology!!

Amy Johnson said...

I saw this card on the CASology sit and it was my favorite, but I didn't know it was yours. Congratulations!

Chrissie said...

Super card for your Guest Spot at Casology... many congrats... and perfect for our challenge at Less is More!
Thanks so much
Chrissie

Beverley said...

Congrats on your GDT spot at CASology, well deserved and what a WOW showstopping stunner of a card! Thanks so much for linking it up and joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

jimlynn said...

Stunning!!! LOVE IT! Big Congrats on the guest spot too. Love your card Vicki! Gorgeous
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

Big congrats my dear friend
I joined there and many times I am always only HM but you are a HAMMER you won it with your cute onessie card and this card debut wooowww I adore your ombre, so stunning and love the graduated of the colors...and that tiny butterfly I looove it..SU puncher right...adorable card Vicki...

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo, this is just stunning! What a beautiful ombre effect and great use of color - the little butterflies are so sweet! ♥

Becca Cruger said...

This is clean and vibrant and SOOOooooo pretty! Love the butterflies!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! It's so great to have you as GD this week!

Susan said...

your ombre coloring is fabulous! What a perfect card!

Miriam Prantner said...

That ombre inking is fantastic! Love this!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on the GD spot, Vicki! Your design is divine in every way!! Hugs, Darnell

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is so beautiful! I love the ombre effect- stunning!

Jessi Fogan said...

Your baby card was such a stunner & totally worthy of the win - and if you weren't already guesting this week, so is this! LOVE LOVE LOVE it - brilliant to use the darker ink for the sentiment! Such a perfect ombre card :)

JayBe said...

You did a fabulous job, Vicki - love the shades of colour with the white embossing. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

susiestacey said...

Stunning card, beautiful design.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Quick & Easy' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Cazro said...

Wow, beautiful CAS card. So pleased you played along at Fantasty Stampers. Congratulations on your DT appointment, Caz

Beth said...

Beautiful my friend and love the way you graduated the colors.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot and great CAS card love the embossed image and graduated faded colour
Carol x

Anne said...

Congratulations on your Guest spot Vicki and what a super card!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More

Judy1223 said...

Vicki, this sweet card is a perfect example of ombre! So great to have you guest designing with us at CASology!

hazelspaperdesigns said...

Beautiful ombre card Vicki! Love the way your blooms extend all the way through the shades of colour. Awesome to have you guesting with us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Vicki, it was wonderful to have you as our guest designer! Your card is stunning and I love the addition of the tiny butterflies!

Nicki S said...

Such a pretty pretty card! I think it's very unique. Everything about it is perfect. Great work! Thanks so much for linking up to the Uniko Studio challenge!

Lola said...

Wow this really is so pretty. Love the transitions and all the white.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...