"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

It's Friday - Let's Party!

Hello friends and happy Friday!!
I have been a little busy here at home and have not had much time to sit at my computer lately, so I'm going to make this a quick post and hope that I will have some time to visit with you all soon, but for now, I will leave you with something fun! :)

I wanted to post this yesterday, but didn't have time to finish my project.  Paper Smooches had a blog hop yesterday and I wanted to celebrate with them!  CLICK HERE to see the blog hop!  You have until April 26th to leave a comment!!
LOL!  Isn't this spotted pup too cute!?!  The Paper Smooches stamp set that I have used was actually an exclusive stamp set designed for the Simon Says Stamp "Stamptember" event last year.  The owner of Paper Smooches designed a stamp set for this event.  Obviously, it was only available during this time and is no longer for purchase anywhere.  It's such a fun stamp set and I'm glad that I finally pulled it out to have some fun with it!

It may be hard to see in the photo, but I've also used the Paper Smooches Stitched Frame Dies to make the "stitch lines" on the bottom red panel of the card.  I've colored in the pup with Copic markers and added some white "dots" to his back with an image from the set.  I used some more dots in black ink for the ground the pup is standing on.  The balloons were stamped in different colors and popped up and layered over each other.  I drew some strings from the balloons and made it look as if they are tied to the pup's tail.  There is a tiny bow in the set which I've stamped on the pup's tail.  I added some glitter to the pup's hat and took a strip of silver glitter card stock as part of the layout to match the pup's hat.  I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set at the top and layered onto a black card stock piece.  This was popped up over the card front.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your support! :)
I am off again today for running errands and spending time with my son, so I probably won't be around much.  I wish you a fabulous weekend friends!!!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

1.  Paper Smooches Sparks - anything goes!


2.  Freshly Made Sketches - FMS183

3.  Send a Smile 4 Kids - Birthday Fun

4.  Sentimental Sundays - Animal Love

41 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very cute card

Donna K said...

cutest little party animal EVER! the red "stitches" are awesome and i really like that glitter strip across there too to divide up your design. love this, vicki! have yourself a great weekend lady!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Aww... such a cute card! The pup look like he is so ready to party! :) Have a wonderful weekend, Vicki!

Monika Reeck said...

Vickkiii that spotted on the dog is soo soo cuuteee and you are lucky to have this cute Stamp and I love your balloon and the bright color FUN and sweet and Cute card Love the use of red on kraft too
happy weekend and hope you have a great time with your manner at home :) (you have thre man me too at home LOL)
hugs, Monika

jimlynn said...

Cute stamp set and I wish I'd gotten it now!! Love the white dots on that precious little pup. Fun balloons too. Love your card!
Lynn

Sarah said...

Super cute Vicki!! xx

Margreet said...

This is really fun and cute Vicki...love the spots and dots!
xxx Margreet

Jennifer Scull said...

oh gosh, Vicki, I love this pup! I think my dogs would be happy if I let them dress up for all of our birthday celebrations around here like your cutey patootie! grins! great accents you have added.

enjoy your weekend!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Precious! You always do such a wonderful job coloring and adding the perfect details to your card.

Linda Callahan said...

Well I would love to party with this cute little guy! Adorable card - beautifully detailed! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so adorable, I love it.

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous card today just love it you were so lucky to get this stamp set its just great enjoy the weekend Love and hugs Carole x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Seriously super cute!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very cute image, Vicki, love the way you carried out the circle patterns on the ground, on the pup's back and the balloon.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anneke said...

what a cute and gorgeous card Vicky and the image is colored perfect.
i hope you are alright and hugs from Anneke

Céline said...

really gorgeous
hugs
céline

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a fun card - I wanna party with you, girl!

AJ Bodine said...

Hi Vicki, I LOVE this card, your coloring is so nice and the layout is great on this sketch! I'm a new follower of your blog :) Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

AJ - DT, Sentimental Sundays

Becky said...

What an awesome card Vicki! I love this Birthday dog and love those balloons.

Beth said...

Adorable card Vicki...love the sweet dog and balloons.

Tammy said...

This is so cute Vicki! That pup is adorable and I love his spots!!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute pup with his googly eye and balloons
Carol x

Susan (rainy) said...

Way fun. So cute. LOVE it!

Tammy said...

Love pups in any size, shape or color! Absolutely adorable card!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun party pooch!

Sandy Sommerfeld said...

Such fun! Love it!

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

Sandy S
SSDT

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Vicki love, love that doggy image and the wonderful colours and design, super, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Such an adorable and cute card Vicki, love this little pooch and your detail is amazing with the markings you have added to his fur! Love this card! :) Donna ♥ x

Donna said...

Vicki, I agree, he is too cute and beautifully colored and displayed!

Shelly said...

Oh, too cute!

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is so fun and colourful. Loving the doggie with the bright balloons.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love that dog image.

Karren said...

Adorable dog and a gorgeous card! Love those patterned balloons. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so cute! Love the colors and the cute pup!

Becca Cruger said...

Okay the way you did those spots is genius! The colors are so bright and happy and this will make a perfect birthday card!

Lynn McAuley said...

This is the cutest pup ever, Vicki! I love the dots you have added to his back and the delightful balloons tied to his tail!

Sue said...

Something about a pup that just immediately warms your heart. Such a fun card, Vicki, loving his party hat.

HUgs
Sue

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I read all the details and even saw the stitched rectangle. Too bad the set is no longer available. This is as cute as can be.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from this challenge--- congrats! 

SUPPPPPPPPPPPER cute little pup--- love the entire design of this card:)

THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav

Lola said...

This really is so CUTE! Love his little spots and the bold colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...