"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Make Your Mark at Addicted to Stamps!

Good evening friends!
Here to share a new challenge over at
Addicted to Stamps

For this challenge, the theme is "Make Your Mark!"
So be sure to pull out your markers (any type - ie: Copics, promarkers, Stampin' Write, etc.), chalks, water-colors, sponges, stencils, masks, etc.  (keep in mind inking up a stamp does not qualify!)
Our lovely sponsor is "A Day for Daisies"!  So be sure to check out the challenge blog for details about the prize!

Here's what I've decided to do for my creation this time:
I went for a very simple and abstract sort of design because I wanted to have another play with my Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi water-colors.  I've used them with a wet paint brush to blend a couple different shades of the teal/blue colors you see in the background.  I didn't want to cover the entire front as I wanted part of my design to show the parts of the stenciling that I've done as well.

While the water-colors were still wet, I took some dark brown water-color and loaded my paint brush with water and made some splatters with it.  I thought that it would help tie in the rest of the card.  I actually really like the look of it that some of the splatters that ran with the wet parts of the background teal water-coloring.  I then dried the background and took a flourish style stencil by Memory Box and went over my water-coloring with white ink applied with a sponge dauber.  I didn't like it because it didn't seem to show up very well, so I took some Stampin' Up! Irridescent Ice embossing powder and embossed that over the white stenciled ink.

I've used an old Stampin' Up! stamp set (Punch Potpourri) to stamp the bird image and then punched it out along with the wing and branch with a coordinating SU! punch.  The sentiment comes from an older My Favorite Things stamp set (Vintage Cameo).  I wanted something elegant to go with my design.  I stamped the sentiment right on top of my Strathemore Water-color paper, I glued the branch to it and then used some foam tape to pop up the bird over the branch and then I popped up the white wing on top of the bird.  The water-color paper was cut with my Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle die and attached to a dark brown card base.  I finished off the card with a couple of  flat 6mm marshmallow sequins.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
You can better see the details of the sparkly stenciling over my design.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!!  Be sure to hop on over to see the rest of the wonderful inspiration from the talented design team at the challenge blog!!  Can't wait to see what you come up with for the "make your mark!" challenge!! :)
Thanks so much for popping by!!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

1.  CAS(E) This Sketch:


2.  Crafty Catz - Things with Wings

3.  Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C283) - "World Penguin Day" (use a bird)

4.  Happy Little Stampers - use a stencil


5.  Retro Rubber Challenge - anything goes

6.  CAS-ology - flight

54 comments:

jimlynn said...

I have that punch and never seem to think to use it! Thanks for the inspiration.
Cute and PRETTY card! Love the watercoloring and the splatters too.
Lynn

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful bird and branch, and I love your water colored background, Vicki! Your stenciling adds so much great texture, too! Stunning card!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

So beautiful background, Vicki. The subtle stencil pattern is gorgeous.

Love and hugs
Maarit

sandie said...

Love the sparkle flourish, the perfect background x

Pollard Carole said...

This looks fab what a brilliant background and I love that bird its all gorgeos Love and hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed card my friend and love all of these added goodies......{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Janette said...

This is simply lovely, I really like it all..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Olga said...

Love it, that bird is fantastic!!

Lee-Anne said...

Stunning design! I love every little detail!!!

Tanja said...

I love the hint of sparkling embossing powder and the watercolor background

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Vicki & I love the touch of sparkle :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Julie B said...

So understated Vicki, love the little bit of twinkle, subtle but adding depth. :)

Monika Reeck said...

As I see this card I know that is my lovely bird from SU Puncher
and I ever bought it in Ebay as paper I did not buy the SU puncher in germany so expensive Vicki and I was bought in white paper maybe I will CASE your card
I really adore that you put some white stamping on that birdie and lovely glitter too great idea to put Irridescent Ice Embossing powder on that stenciled ink in white...Love that sentiment and splatter too...in one word ADORABLE made and a Winner card again Vicki...
hugs from Munich
see your Mail sweety
Monika

cm said...

Work of art, Vicki! The colours, the images, the techniques, the whisper of shimmer...a plethora of elements to gaze at and admire, in awe! Beautiful!
Hugs~c

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Shelly said...

oh, this is so pretty! Love it!

Loll said...

Very pretty Vicki! Love the watercoloured background with the splatters. Blue and brown are so great together. And love the sparkle from your flourish stencil. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So sweet and that subtle glitter is so pretty!

NanaConnie said...

This is spectacular, Vicki! Simple background that is just so gorgeous and really showcases the bird. Love the faux stitching along the borders.

Patti J said...

So...this one needs to be in a frame, on the wall, front and center! What a gorgeous piece of art, Vicki! Thanks for sharing and ALWAYS inspiring!

Wei Wei said...

Stunning background! Love the sparkle flourish!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my this is gorgeous!! Love the watercolored background with the stenciled sparkle. Beautiful card!

Karen Mead said...

Your card is simply stunning Vicki and I love the pretty design:) xx

Céline said...

this is so beautiful, love the design
hugs
céline

CaroleAnn said...

Love the way you did your background. I love reading your posts because you make your card look so simple and elegant and then I read all the work that went into pulling this together!!! Love the inspiration you give us each and every blog post!!! Big Hugs

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Fabulous and so elegant Vicki. Love the added sparkle around the bird but a super duper CAS card all round. x

alexandra s.m. said...

GENIUS! Love the way you have combined the two challenges into one. It works perfectly Vicki and your card is dreamy ;)
Thank You~

Tammy said...

Such beautiful details but still CAS! Wonderful card and wonderful results with the watercoloring!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the watercolored background with the touch of sparkle!!
Hugs, Tammy

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty watercoloring and have always loved the bird stamp set with coordinating punch! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber this week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Was revisiting and I must not had left a comment. I was revisiting because I think you did a super job in casing the card. Your card is elegant and looks so professional.

Jeannie said...

Gosh this is absolutely beautiful!! It's so serene and I could stare at it forever! By the way, I've started weekly challenges on my blog, so come on over and join me some time! I love your creativeness!

Jeannie T.

Dana said...

Awesome card!! I love the watercolor background!!!

Katy McGloin said...

Adore what you did with this builder punch and stamp set. The watercolor effect is great. Thanks so much for sharing this with the RRBC this week!

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous combination of challenges! i love the soft watercolour background, the pretty bird and the subtle shimmer too. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! Great watercoloring and design!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is beautiful love that birdie also that background, the blue with the sparkle it looks amazing, have a lovely weekend.
hugs
lorraine x

Neva Cole said...

Simple yet so stunning! Thank you for joining us at RRBC for Anything Goes! I am now seeing a bunch of referrences to Kuretake water colors and may just have to join all the fun!

Alanna said...

WOW, this is so pretty. I love the soft feel of it and the touch of glitter.

SonjaK said...

Love this sweet bird with the soft background!

Claire Grantham said...

I love this, I have this punch and your card makes me want to dig it out! Thanks for playing with us at RRBC this week. Cx DT

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, talk about perfect for the CTS challenge!! Such a subtle backdrop with those beautiful water colours and love the die-cut bird. So clever!!

Neets B said...

Love the splatters over your wash of blues and the sparkly stenciling over the top has a great effect x

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the paper piercing around the the edges.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Christine Traversa said...

What a lovely card. The background is wonderful. Thanks for doung the RR challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

love the bird and watercolour/stencilled background
Carol x

Judy1223 said...

Vicki, I love the blue wash of color and such a pretty bird, love the pattern on its chest. The sparkle is just the perfect finishing touch! So glad you joined in the fun at CASology this week!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful

hazelspaperdesigns said...

Beautiful Vicki! That subtle sparkle in the background is the perfect touch, and those blue hues so apt for the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

mayholicraft said...

Love the sparkles on the watercolor background! Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

Jane Knudsen said...

Vicki! This is stunning! That is all I can muster because I am in LOVE with this card!! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Åsa said...

Love the blue background and the bird. It's a really beautiful card.

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm addicted to water colouring now - it's official. My goodness this is absolutely beautiful - the sparkly stenciling just is the perfect finishing touch!

Lola said...

Gorgeous background. I'm too chicken to try water coloring...so I'll admire yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...