"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, April 10, 2015

My Life - (with faux metal)

Hello friends!  Yay!  We've made it to another Friday!
It's so nice to see a bright, sunny up-coming weekend with all of the dark and rainy clouds we've had this past week!  Although, I know that with the Spring rain comes some gorgeous flowers!  I do have a few daffodils that have popped out in my yard!  Makes me happy! :)

Anyway, I have something a bit different for you today that's not really one of my"cute" designs, but on a bit more of a masculine side.  So check it out:
I have been "itching" to pull out some of the fun Clearly Whimsy Stamps that I had recently got and thought they deserved some special attention!  I made this fun masculine style design.
I've used the Distressed Background and Ink Splats to create the background of my card.  I stamped some of the splatters with the same color Kraft ink as the card stock and a couple of them were stamped with white ink which made it look like bleached out splatters.  I also took the chicken wire looking image and embossed it on the background with silver embossing powder.

To fit with a sketch (see below), I made the black panel by cutting a rectangle panel with black card stock and then I took a postage stamp punch and just punched out three squares with it.  I then took the typed image from the Basic Backgrounds & Borders stamp set and stamped with white ink over the black.  This was then popped up over the background with foam tape.

For the heart popped up over the black frame, I took the heart die from the Coffee Cup Die Set and die cut it out in Kraft card stock.  After popping it up over the black frame, I covered it with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and then went over that with glossy accents.

Now for the sentiment in black underneath the black strip, I've used the Happy Everything stamp set.  I've also used it for the "you" in my faux metal tag that I die cut out with the Stitched Tag Dies. If you are not familiar with the faux metal technique, I will try and get a video made on how I did that.  I was going to do that with this card, but I've been a bit busy and then got sick...so I had to put that on hold for now!  But to give you an idea, you mainly use embossing powder to create the effect and impress your stamp image into it while it's still hot.  I've done it before, but it's been years ago! :)  So I added some natural twine to the tag and tied it onto the black strip popped up on my card front.

Here's a closer look at the details:


I did have to walk away from this card a couple of times because for some reason I wanted to keep adding to it! So, I'm glad I didn't.  I wanted it to stay CAS masculine.  This will be a good card for hubby!
Hope you've enjoyed my card and I wish you all a wonderful sunny weekend!
Thanks for joining with me today! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this card for:
1.  ShowCASe Your Style - sketch

2.  The Male Room - Use metallic embossing powder

3.  Challenge Up Your Life - embossing (heat/dry)

4.  Get Creative - Must Include a Tag

5.  Fan-Tasic Tuesday - *Creation must be square or rectangle*  Anything Goes with Twist:  Use Die or Punch (both used)

6.  Creative Inspirations - A Trio of ...! (3 of something) 3 punched squares

40 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

great card

aussie aNNie said...

WOW Vicki this is super my friend...enjoy your weekend.xx

Becca Cruger said...

OOOoooo! This is Awesome! Definitely a little different than your normal creations but in a VERY good way.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so cool, fabulous design, love how you used this sketch

Donna said...

Awesome masculine card, you nailed it! I struggle with masculine cards, two sons and hubby you wouldn't think so.

Donna K said...

Can we say that a masculine card is gorgeous? Yes we can...love every element of this, Vicki. I hope you don't mind if I save this for future reference. I must try something like it. The tag, the heart, the wire...awesome. Have a happy weekend, K?! hugs..Donna K

Becky said...

What a fabulous card Vicki! So creative.

jimlynn said...

FABULOUS PLUS! Love this masculine card Vicki! The silver "chicken wire" is so pretty and what a wonderful design for a card.
Lynn

Margreet said...

This is really stunning Vicki...thanks for the inspiration!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xxx Margreet

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow Vicki, this is awesome, so perfect the guy. Love all of the details. Have a wonderful weekend. I am leaving for a trip out of the country to Israel. So I will see you when I get back.
Hugs
Berni

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this looks fantastic love how you have created the look of metal also the the word strip, heart and sentiment, this is such brilliant designer work.
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

A brilliant design for the masculine side Vicki..love the embossed chicken wire and ink splatters and all other details..fantastic.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Vicky, I really like this card, all the elements are lovely and your design is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Inspirations...
Sue...xxx
tanglemousecards.blogspot.co.uk

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Awesome masculine card! I love the design and most of all how cooled is that embossed chicken wire?! The faux stitched tag is also very cool. I love coming here and I'm so sorry that I haven't comment lately, but I have been tuning in when you do have new posts. Hope you know that you're not forgotten! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Tammy said...

Fantastic masculine card! I love the muted background with the white and the tag is terrific! Hope you continue to have sunshine!

Mone said...

Wow. I love your card. Its great.
Thanks for joining us at challnge up your life

Monika Reeck said...

SERIOUSLY
I adore your FAUX METAL
soooo manly soo clever made and whole card I LOVE IT
manly color combo and great arrangement on this
Love love love this my friend..
Big hugs from a birthday girl :)
Monika

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic work with the sketch, Vicki, and I love this masculine card! Your faux metal is perfect. :-D

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular take on the sketch. Gorgeous detailing and design. Love the mix of elements. Such a classy card.

Tammy said...

Awesome masculine card Vicki! I love the stamped chicken wire and that fabulous faux metal tag!! Have a nice weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Alanna said...

What a great masculine card. And you really rocked the sketch.

Angie said...

Just popped over from SCS. Very cool technique for your faux metal!!! Awesome card!

Pollard Carole said...

Just superb such fabulousvtechniques and such patience its just perfect love and hugs Carole x

SemSee said...

WOW! This is SO awesome, Vicki! I love how you combined all the different stamp sets, and your techniques are awesome! Hugs! xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is different and I LOVE LOVE LOVE. It! Yup, love every inch of it and masculine it is. Wow!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ps...love the faux metal tag and the chicken wire stsmp you embossed.

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

rachel taylor said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT Rachel dt

Céline said...

fab masculine card !!
excited to see a tutorial about faux metal, didn't know this technic
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

A brilliant CAS masculine card love the layout and the embossed chicken wire
Carol x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is amazing... a wonderful Idea.... looks very good.

Have a nice day
Hugs Anja xoxo

NGCARDS said...

A great creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is soooo cool! Love the shine it has!

Sue said...

Great guy card with some love thrown in, love it!

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

Great use of metallic accents... very stylish!
hugs, Asha

Deborah Frings said...

Love the neutral shades, the splatters and the chicken wire background. Perfect guy card. super combination of challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!

Dawn Frost said...

OMG Vicki I always need masculine cards and I really like this one! The colours, its CAS but sooo perfect!

Jessi Fogan said...

It's fun to step outside the box now & then! Love the collagey effect and oooooh on the faux metal!

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow! Super masculine card. Thanks for sharing in TMR
Louise xx

Lola said...

This is way adorable. It's like a little dog tag they wear in the military. Wonderful idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...