"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Some FUN News to Share and a Friendly CASE!!

Hello friends!!  Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far!
I had some fun playing around in my room this weekend and wanted to share it all with you!

So first up, I have this CUTE shaped baby onsie card:
I wanted to make a baby card to go along with the CAS-ology challenge and I found this really cute onsie template card on the TAWS blog.  So easy to cut out and make into a shaped card!
I also took The Alley Way Stamps set called Crossing Lines to make the pattern on the onsie background.  I then took the More Than Words sentiment set and stamped out the "hello baby" and punched it out with a circle punch and layered it with a scallop circle punch and popped that out on the front of the onsie.  I took my white gel pen and made some stitch lines for detail.  I also took a couple of buttons from my stash and glued them at the bottom.

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this baby card for:
TAWS monthly Link-Up for April:

CAS-ology - cue card

The Crafter's Cafe - shaped cards

Just Inspirational - Sewing (faux or real)

Fantasy Stampers - CAS (clean & simple)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so for my second card, I wanted to make a birthday card:
This little piglet makes me smile!  He is from the Progressive Challenge over at From the Heart!  The name of the set is called Hamlet PigWit Being Shy.  I thought he would be so much fun if he was trying to hide a bouquet of balloons behind him, so I stamped several different colors of solid image balloons and then drew the strings on them so it looks like he's holding them from behind.  PigWit is colored with Copics and cut out and popped up on the single layer card.
I've sponged in some grass and blue clouds with my distress inks and then I took my Copic marker to draw in some blades of grass for PigWit to stand on.

So for the balloons, after I drew in the lines, I covered them with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and then went over them with some glossy accents.  I really love the shine they give the balloons!  Of course after it dries, I notice a couple of bubbles in it!  It still looks really cool IRL and you don't really notice it amongst all the shine! :)

So here are the challenges I'd like to enter this PigWit for:
From the Heart (Stamp of the Month Progressive Challenge):

613 Avenue - Anything Goes with Twist:  create your own background
( used A2, birthday & doodling)


Penny's Paper - Anything Goes

Aud Sentiments - Birthday Sentiment or #5 + sentiment

Creative Knockouts - birthday wishes

Creative Corner - Cute Critters
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And speaking of birthdays, one of my blog friends, Monika, is having a special birthday with a link-up party!  Even-though it's her birthday, she is offering a prize if you link up a creation by CASEing one of her cards! (she has photos on her post of which ones to choose from.)
Click badge below to get to her post and wish her a happy birthday:
So of course I wanted to play along in honor of her birthday!  Here is the card from Monika that I have chosen to CASE from her:
This is one of my favorite creations from her.  I love the texture on her masculine design.
And if you'd like to see the details about HER card, click HERE for her post about it.

So here is MY version of her awesome card:
I did not have one of those brick stencils that she used on her card, so I pulled out my lined stencil and covered it with embossing paste.  I've seen this done before and really wanted to try it, so I've used some aged gold and ivory embossing powder over my paste while it was still wet and heated it up to give it that cool texture like Monika did on her brick panel.

I then layered that onto a piece of Early Espresso card stock and then trimmed the top of it with a strip of gold sticker.  I didn't have a cool car image like Monika used on her card, so I pulled out this antique bike image and embossed it with gold embossing powder and fussy cut it out to pop it up on another piece of Early Espresso card stock.  I sponged the edges with some white ink and then rounded one of the corners at the bottom and attached it to the front of my card.

I stamped the sentiment with the Early Espresso ink and I messed up my card at that point with some ink, so I decided to get out my water-colors and make splatters over it.  I think it turned out pretty cool after not being able to see where my mistake was!  There is always a way to fix it! :)

Here is a closer view of the details on my card:
Thanks Monika for helping me get another masculine card done that I'm sure I will need this for one of the men in my family! :)  I hope you have an awesome birthday month and I wish you lots of crafting fun and crafty goodies your way!!  HUGS

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this "Celebrate" card for:
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1515) - Use a Stencil
Crafts 4 Eternity - Texture
Sister Act - Anything Goes

So I hope you've enjoyed my creations today and I will be back again tomorrow for some more inspiration to share with you!!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!
Now I'm back to spending time with hubby!!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


45 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiiiu
Oh dear so many lovely cards..the first one tooo cuttee..the second one love the glossy balloon and cute piggy...the manly card woohooo..I adore your gold stripes there so clever made and yes you have sons n hubby also like me I am the only woman at home hihi...your catd so manly and so Great CASEing my card luv it dear Vicki...thanks for joining my linky party..you are so sweet...hugs...Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Sorry typpo..I look n wrote from my mobile phone hehehe..

Bad Kitty said...

ovely cards

Margreet said...

Wow, what a great diversity of cards Vicki...love the baby clothing (don't know the English name of it)...the balloons are too cute and I love the shining ánd the bubbles...and the technique on your vintage card is gorgeous...you did a good job today....smiles!
xxx Margreet

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

All lovely cards. My favorite must be the piggy with the balloons because he is just too cute!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Vicki love your balloons and the beautiful embossing on your cased card
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Jennifer Scull said...

you have such a great assortment of cards featured today! thanks for all of the inspiration! I think I'm ready to go hit my craft room now. ;)

enjoy your day!

Sarah said...

My word Vicki you have been a busy girl. Such a fab selection of cards and so very different. Love the onesie but the pig does it for me...he's gorgeous and the balloons look great too xx

Alanna said...

What fun cards. I love the onesie baby card and that adorable pig.

Becky said...

What fabulously fun cards Vicki! I love that cute pig..

Chrissy said...

Wonderful group of cards Vicki..but it was the little pig with his glossy balloons who stole my heart...too cute and love the sentiment.

luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

Gosh! When you said in the title you had fun news to share and they had that baby onesie card pop up, my heart skipped a beat! LOL! Cute card!
Love the pig and balloons! So fun and you're going to have to tell me what Copics you colored that pig with. I just finished mine and he looks like he has a rash!
Love the last card and all that gold too!
Have a great weekend.
Lynn

Pollard Carole said...

Wow what a post lots of brilliant projects love the baby onsie and your fab male cards not forgetting the cute pig they are all amazing Love and hugs Carole x

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness girl - you have been so busy! I'm glad I don't have to choose a fave - these are all wonderful! I'm so impressed with your case of Monika's card - great job! Hugs...

Tammy said...

Oh goodness Vicki, each card is absolutely incredible! I love the adorable onesie and the pig and his balloons are extraordinary. Great job on the CAS card too!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love these. That onesie is adorable and I love the shiny balloons.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I love all three of these, Vicki, but admit that the little piggy with his balloons just grabs my heart! :-D I do love the gold on the bicycle card and that's a great CASE.

Imke said...

Vickie, what you´ve done with Hamlet is fabulous. I totally like who you´ve added the balloons. And your coloring of him is fabulous.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month April Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ahhh!!! The pig and the balloons!!! These are the best!

Julie B said...

Gosh you have been busy Vicki! Love your little baby onesey card and the balloons on the second are fab.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.:)

Sue said...

Geez, three wonderful cards, you have been busy girl!

Love the onesy, so darn cute. The pattern you made is so nice.

Your little piglet is darling. And the way you put the balloons behind his back looks like he was made like that. Glossy accents are perfect too.

Your case card is also so nice. Love the embossing and the old fashion bike.

Nicely done on all three, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are all so fabulous! The onsie card is so cute. The piggie with the shiny balloons is so adorable. Love the bicycle card too.

Dotty Jo x said...

What a fabulous and varied selection! Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, Vicki these are three amazing creations, what a great shape for the first one, the second is brilliant and such fun I do love those shiny balloons the third is amazing love the look of the texture and the colours, awesome cards
hugs
lorraine x

Kamila R. said...

What a lovely embossing!! Really lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!
Kamila DT

Donna K said...

So much happening in this post. You are one crafty, busy lady!! I love that little onesie and the soft sweet paper, simple and precious.
The piggy...UMMMMM let me go ahead and squeal now! This has me flipping out. I love it to bits!!! Great techniques and coloring skills.
Lastly...happy birthday to Monika! Love your take on her card, you knocked that right out of the ballpark! Beautiful shares, Vicki. Love your work.

Asha said...

WOW... you sure rock all styles! Another selection of fab cards!
hugs, Asha

Monika Reeck said...

You are a rock star
you win at CASOLOGY with your baby onessie card yaaay
and you won at Cardz 4 Guy as top 3 too with your HERO card..you are amazing Vickiiiiii
wooohooooo double happy dance...

Chana said...

You are truly talented and all your projects are fabuloius! Of course, my favorite has to be the Pig! Marvelous CAS design and we love the elements you chose. Thanks for playing at our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Céline said...

so fun! love the shape of the first one
hugs
céline

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Shelly said...

Oh, these are just too cute and fabulous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great set of cards! I really love the onesie with the plaid pattern you created, the glossy accents on that great bunch of balloons looks wonderful and fantastic texture on the last!

~ginny said...

I love this pig also - you are right! And you have done him proud Vicky! The balloons behind him is a creative idea & your doodled strings the perfect detail. So pleased you are sharing your project & creativity with us at 613 Ave C!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave Create – [ Create Your Own Challenge]
Owner: RubberMAD at [GettyCollection.com]

Julie said...

Such pretty cards. I really love the way you enhanced the balloons on your pig card. What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our 5th Birthday Celebration
Julie T

Patricia St Martin said...

Look at you go with all these fantastic cards. WOW!!! each and everyone of them are so different. The celebrate one I think you did a wonderful job on I love how you made it look old, I really like that. The piggy is just the best, love the layers you colored the pig fantastic and I love how you did the balloons. The baby outfit is so cut.
Hugs, Pat/♥

michele said...

Thank-you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Vicki, Gorgeous cards! hugs x

Beth said...

Vicki you are so talented and all these cards are beautiful I think my favorite is the Pig w/ balloons so many wonderful elements to it....great job on all.
Hugs

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, Vicki, you have outdone yourself. Each and every card is a work of art! Spectacular stamping! I especially love what you did with the new FTHS image. Gorgeous details, coloring and details!

Jessi Fogan said...

Seriously amazing talent you have, girly! I love them all :)

Billie A said...

Your card is so cute and love the glossy on the balloons. The sentiment is too funny. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

crafty-stamper said...

love the cute onesi-fabulous Pigwit fun image and love the glossy balloons-beautiful vintage card love the texture and vintage bike image
carol x

Helen F. said...

Three fabulous cards, Vicki! each one so uniquely awesome!

stampinbyhannah said...

Lovely stamping. That pig stamp is hilarious! Love those ears :)
Love your blog
X

Lola said...

All of your creations are gorgeous. I must say, putting those balloons behind the pig is a fantastic idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...