"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Thanks a Latte

Hello friends! Wow!  We are in the middle of the week already?!
I was mistaken yesterday when I posted "Happy Earth Day!"...it's actually today!  I was a bit early!
I was thinking that coffee beans come from the earth, so I went in that direction today! LOL!

As you may know, I do love my coffee every morning and especially enjoy coffee mornings with hubby! :)  I pulled out this fun Clearly Whimsy Stamps Coffee Break Bundle and made this card!  I really love that coordinating coffee cup die cut!  I thought the middle wrapper would be a good place to add my "thanks" sentiment.  I popped the cup up with foam tape and placed it over my Early Espresso stitched square panel where I sponged the edges with white ink and stamped some hearts in white ink around it.

I decided to also use the Whimsy Stamps Basic Border Trio Die and die cut some borders on each end of my kraft card stock panel.  I put a layer of Early Espresso card stock behind that and then popped it up over a white card base.  Before I attached it to the white card base, I wrapped some brown baker's twine around it and tied a bow and attached a button to the middle of it.

The kraft card stock was also sponged along the edges and I stamped a few images from the stamp set in kraft ink as well as some more hearts with white ink.
I really like the way this turned out with the neutral colors!  Hope you do too! :)

Thanks so much for joining with me today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

ShowCASe Your Style - theme:

Sister Act - Anything Goes

Alphabet Challenge - 'E' for Eye-Catching Edges

Just Us Girls - Color Combo (I chose kraft as my color choice)

Sweet Sunday - sketch

Papertake Weekly - Cute as a Button

41 comments:

Donna K said...

Happy Earth day my coffee drinking friend! I love this fun design and the twine holding that cute button on. So glad I was able to come browse this morning while sipping on my second cup. Hugs.

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Love this coffee card! Such a fun design. Love that cute bow twine! Also loving those coffee stain in the background too. Oh, and Happy Earth Day to you!

Bad Kitty said...

great card!

Shelly said...

Super cute, Vicki!

Margreet said...

Love it a latte, Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Danni said...

Super card!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Vicki :o) I fancy a cuppa now lol.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is ACE Vicki I do love the theme of this super card also the colours, I think it is time for me to a cuppa, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Chris D. said...

Absolutely adorable coffee themed card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous, love the colors and the design. And of course the coffee! Happy Earth Day! I'm more of a Gollum coffee drinker in the morning. I much prefer my corner with ... "my precious" lol.

Cheryl said...

So many great things about your card! The coffee rings, hearts, great dies AND it's about COFFEE!!
love it all!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute card and a great one for Earth Day. Love the border dies you used on this too.
Lynn

Trish said...

Thumbs up on this card, great job.

Monika Reeck said...

love the chalk effect on your card Vicki..and love that latte mug and all brown in here nice using the sketch and your twine I dont have that color ooh love it....I will tell you soon if the card arrive sweety it is not yet come..I am impatient to wait for your card..
big hugs and now it is 23:06 I will go sleep...zzzz

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, Vicki - I certainly love me some coffee, too! I love everything about this card - super fun and festive!
Awesome-sauce! ♥

Tammy said...

Just fabulous! Yup, gotta start the day with coffee!

Patti J said...

What a fun card, Vicki! It is perfect for earth day! Thanks for sharing :)

Jeannie said...

What an adorable card! I'm currently having a "coffee" card challenge on my blog, and I'm looking for people to join. I'd love it if you did!

Jeannie T.

Becca Cruger said...

Now THIS is a card I can get behind!! Coffee makes the best subject. I like the addition of the sweet baker's twine and that button.

Pollard Carole said...

Just perfect love this card love and hugs Carole x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. .your card is fantastic..
It`s a sunny day in Germany and I wish I sit in a cafe and drink a latte... but I must sitting on work :-)

Have a nice day
Anja

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Vicki!! I love fun coffee theme and your awesome design, the button & twine are perfect embellies!
Big hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Oh I forgot to say... thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog my friend, with this wonderful card!
Hugs, Tammy

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a cool card Vicki!
Love it!
Thank You~

NanaConnie said...

Great take on that sketch, Vicki! I especially love the twine as the mid-card cross piece. Wonderful dimension and color combo.

Jennifer Scull said...

well you KNOW that I am lovin' this card! just sorry it took me so long to get over to tell you so. ;) what a cute die and stamp set, too.

raising my coffee cup to ya!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, like the monotone colors and design. Makes me want a midday coffee!

Lisa Kind said...

Pretty card! Love the pinked edges and all the hearts! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that coffee cup die and great stamping of the hearts and rings, perfect placement!

Julia Aston said...

Great latte colors on this fun latte card!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm calling this a winner, Vicki! I've seen a latte coffee cards, but this one is my favorite!! Hugs, Darnell

Penny Odell said...

Love this card Vicki! Makes me want a cup of coffee. Looks like I could take that coffee right off your card and drink it! Beautiful design.

Shelly Schmidt said...


Great card- love the coffee stain circles you added. I love the smell of coffee- but I am a tea drinker. Have been MIA- and back to see what you have been up to!

Jessi Fogan said...

I couldn't love this more! The stamped hearts & coffee rings are just awesome, as is that die cut!

Pat said...

What a great card, super design, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Céline said...

fa bu lous !!!!
hugs
céline

Beth said...

love everything about this card Vicki down to the coffee stains wonderfully done and so creative.

crafty-stamper said...

you hace certainly perfected the CAS cards brilliantly love the coffee cup and use of twine
carol x

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the wonderful edges with the die cut or distressing. And the fun stamped and perfectly placed hearts and rings are so fun. What a fabulous card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

awesome! I love the kraft and all of the brown, perfect for this card!

Cindy Groh said...

Love it. Super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...