"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tuesday Throwdown - Friendship

Hello friends!
Hope your week has started off to be a good one so far!
I'm here to share with you today a brand new challenge over at
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
For this week's challenge, we are focusing on "Friendships"!  So think of that special friend of yours and make a nice card for that person!

My Grafico is our friendly sponsor this week and they will have a special prize to give to a lucky winner!  They were kind enough to give the DT some images to use for this challenge, so please be sure to visit the challenge blog to see the rest of the wonderful inspiration that the other talented ladies have created!  Here's what I came up with:
TEE!!  Aren't these the cutest little guys?!  I decided to make a fun and "friendly" scene using some of the images from the Cute Dinosaur Digital Stamps set from our sponsor.  I had SO much fun coloring them up with my Copic markers.  I gave the triceratops a more smooth look standing next to the tree, while the other fellow has bit more of a texture look that I added with some Copic coloring.

I have them standing among the grass line that I've punched out with a border punch I have and the background has more of a night sky effect.  I used my distress inks to blend them in the background and then stamped some stars with white ink, but because of the light background in the middle, they sort of faded out a bit which is why I took my white gel pen to add some white dots to the sky for additional stars.  I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  I thought that the tan/kraft border mixed with the greens would give for a nice "pre-historic" theme!

So I hope you will think of your friend this week and create a card to enter our challenge!  We'd love to see what you come up with!!
I thank you so much for stopping by today friends!  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes "No Foolin'!"
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes (April Challenge)
The ABC Challenge - 'G' is for "Go Digital"
Crafting for All Seasons - Animal Magic
Little Red Wagon - Call the Vet (Use an animal)
Penny's Paper - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - animal fun
 


49 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, the dinosaurs are so cute and your colouring is stunning. I love the scene you have created too.
hugs Sue xx

Pollard Carole said...

Just fab such great images and your colouring is just perfect gorgeous card love and hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

This is just gorgeous, fun and awesome to give to a special friend.{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty

Monika Reeck said...

eeeek this is too adorable
see his smile to another dino so soo cutee dino card Vicki
if my son look this he will ask mom may I have that card
I love the sky you made too with so many dots in white there
a cutest dino card I have ever seen today :)
hugs, Monika

Sara Dee said...

Oh gosh! Love those dinos! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges! Sara ( DT )

MiamiKel said...

How absolutely adorable! This is such a fun and whimsical card and great pops of color! I have missed your cards! I hope your Easter was extra fun and all things wonderful <3

Jennifer Scull said...

such a precious card with those dinos!!

hope you are doing well. sorry I've not been by in ages. take care and have a great week! :)

Jacqueline said...

I love your card! Beautiful colouring technique and so cute! Just lovely!
Hugs, Jacqueline

Shelly said...

Oh, how cute is this?!!...Love those little dinos!

Margreet said...

What a lovely scene with those fab colored dino's!
xxx Margreet

alexandra s.m. said...

Awwww...another absolutely ADORABLE card!
Thanks Vicki!!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous, fun card Vicki love the little scene you have made for those critters, so cute.
hugs
lorraine x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Vicki & I love the dimension :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, I love this adorable scene. Fabulous coloring and the sky is devine!

Chrissy said...

So adorable Vicki and wonderful colouring..love your cute scene..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

jimlynn said...

Cute little guys for sure! LOVE your coloring on them too. Fantastic card Vicki!
Lynn

Carol S. said...

Great fun card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S. DT

Carol S. said...

Great fun card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S. DT

Tammy said...

Super great card and perfect for a 'just because' reason to send a card! Great shading and details o the critters!

Pat (mspfd) said...

These images are super cute and made more so with your fabulous coloring, Vicki! You created such a super scene and I love how you colored the sky.

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! I love the great texture to the coloring with the white accents!

Lily Patch said...

Love these images! They're so adorable. Your background is amazing! Gorgeous :-)

Susie Moore said...

What a cute card! Someone very lucky will get this one! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Nikki said...

Lovely card. Very cute images and a lovely scene you have created with them. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Davi said...

Awwww Vicki this is the most darling card!! Love how you used the dinos in this little scene :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this! I love these dino's and your coloring is awesome! The scene is darling too. Fun, Fun, And more fun!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What beautiful and adorable card. Love the cute image and colors. I so love your work. Awesome!!!
Huggies!

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!!!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous image and a fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Patti J said...

Absolutely darling card, Vicki! I adore those sweet dinosaurs - love that they are so large! Thanks for sharing - you rocked this one, dear friend!!!

Roxie said...

These are absolutely adorable, cute images and fabulous coloring skills.

VanessaB said...

wow! so cute! looove the coloring!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a fun and fabulous card, Vicki! I'm hoping to be able to play along this week but have had major computer problems and just got my new computer up and running. Still learning a totally new operating system (grrrr) and am still missing a couple of major software programs which I need for my photographs and my printer. Without them, no matter what I may create, I won't be able to post anything. Haven't had time to comment on everything you've done during my absence but I'll get caught up one of these days (in about 5 years!) :-D

Jessi Fogan said...

ermagerd! Your colouring - holy moly. Those dinos are so freaking cute and the texture is simply amazing!!

Donna K said...

Absolutely darling!! Great coloring skills that little stegosaurus is beyond cute with the textured look. I just LOVE this...reminds me of my boys being little in their dinosaur phase.

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is just super cute. Love the colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is so cute, Vicki! I love him xxx

Céline said...

so fun card! love the colors
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

love the cute dinosaurs and scene with the starry night
carol x

Tammy said...

Omgosh this is sooo cute Vicki! I love the little dinosaurs and your coloring is gorgeous!!
Big hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

How incredibly cute is this card with those adorable dinosaurs! Fantastic coloring, and I really love the sky too!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute! Doesn't get much cuter than this...Whoever this is sent to will absolutely love it!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!! How cute are those adorable dinos...your coloring is amazing, Vicki, and I love your stary sky!!!!

Willeke said...

The image you have used is such a sweetie.....
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Crafty Creations Challengeblog

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow!!! Your coloring on this rocks!!! Amazing depth!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great card for children. A little lucky will be very glad when it will get:-)
Regards,
Bozena

Lola said...

SO cute and your night sky is da bomb!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...